Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Best Drummer TR has played with

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baboonboy Posted - 10/06/2001 : 12:41:43 PM
I wonder if Tim considers Carter or John Gilmore a better drummer? Carter is great, but I get so sick of him NEVER playing a straight beat he chops EVERY single thing he ever does on the hi-hat up... I was listening to the Soko disc In November sunlight the other day, and Gilmore does some nasty shit on there. Not as flashy but GODDAMN! ;)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/10/2001 : 5:23:17 PM
From a guitarist perspective, as far as playing WITH a drummer, something has to be said for a drummer that opts to do a simpler part, without getting fancy. My drummer tries to get too fancy, and often loses the rhythm, which is the number 1 priority of a drummer, keep f-ing time. He loses time by trying to get fancy, and refused to play a simple bass/snare pattern. When we jam on TR songs from Sanctuary, in which Tim used a drum machine, I have to TELL him what to play, because his mind wont settle for simple stuff. And with a drum machine, its pretty much the same simple pattern over and over. And as far as our songs, the other guys and I have started doing drum parts on keyboard, to give him an idea what to play. Otherwise, he tries to get so fancy, that he can't come up with ANYTHING.
Carter is a great drummer, and is able to do fancy while notlosing time, but I like Johnny's style better.

I need my drummer to listen to some Puke.......and take a few notes

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Baboonboy Posted - 10/10/2001 : 12:15:42 AM
Nah.. my sister in law is in Med school at George Washington. We planned our trip out there around Timmy's show. :)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Fluffy Posted - 10/09/2001 : 8:07:03 PM
RU from DC? That is where Rew and I live. I actually live in DC and Rew lives in Manassas Park VA. That was a great show at the Black Cat. I hear the club has undergone major changes since we have been away. Anxious to see the new place. Rew and I work at 9:30 Club in DC when we are not on the road with Tim.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Baboonboy Posted - 10/07/2001 : 1:48:49 PM
I saw the trio back in D.C. in '99 at the Black Cat.. Johnny and Houston are definatly one tight ass rhythm section. They opened with Johnny's Song, I wet myself.. ;)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Fluffy Posted - 10/07/2001 : 07:47:04 AM
Robert Jospe was pretty amazing as well. Check out some of the early TR stuff with Jospe. Tim always seems to surround himself with great players. I think he likes to challenge himself. The better the players the more you have to work. And we know Tim likes to work.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 10/07/2001 : 07:42:28 AM
Johnny Gilmore kicks ass!! He is a much more subtle player. When you see him live you see what he can really do. When you listen to it on CD it carries the record but it is not so upfront. To watch him is to know just how amazing what he is playing really is. I never ceased to be amazed at his ability. Houston Ross on bass as well. They were the Rhythm Team. Totally awesome. Tim loves Carters playing but says it is not really a style that works with the kind of stuff he plays.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 10/06/2001 : 10:31:33 PM
I hear ya... I like Gilmore's playing too. I'm really looking forward to the new Soko cd. I think Johnny plays on Greg Howard's cd "Shapes" if you are interested.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000