Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Peter Gabriel Concert Review

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 12/08/2002 : 5:12:25 PM
Someone requested I post this so here goes.

It was one of the most amazing shows I have ever attended.The set list was pretty much the same.
Set list:

Here Comes The Flood
Darkness
Red Rain
Secret World
Sky Blue
Downside Up
The Barry Willinams Show
More Than This
Mercy Street
Digging in the Dirt
Growing Up
Animal Nation (complete with aromatic scents!)
Solsbury Hill
Sledgehammer
Signal to Noise
****Some lucky audiences got to hear Shock the Monkey
Also at the Minneapolis show some fan took a leak on the PA system and shorted it out...Peter ended up doing a jam on the drums!!!! Don't know if the "pissing" part is true but the part of the PA going out and Peter doing a Jam on the drums is true

Encore:
In Your Eyes
Family Snapshot or Come Talk to Me (which is what I heard)
Father /Son

As you can tell a truely amazing set list! Mix of old and new. I was second row from the stage and the energy level was temendously high!!! I was so quiet and mild at TIM's show in Trenton, because I am shy...can you believe it?... but at Peter's concert I went totally wild!!! At one point I had my head down and was shaking it to the music and I closed my eyes for a moment and when I picked up my head and looked up Tony Levin was right in front of me smiling at me...When I saw that, I smiled and he sort of winked and nodded as if to say "Yeah, you're into the music! Tony was Amazing...full of energy and awesome on both the bass and stick! Got to see those funk fingers in action up close! (He is supposed to tour this spring and I will be there wherever it is!) Again all of you who are interested in the bass should check him out! David Rhodes was equally good and when he got together with Tony they upped the level several degrees. Ged Lynch was good at the drums but made me wonder what he is capable of .He is no Manu, but very good all the same. I don't think the format allowed him much freedom, but I could be wrong.

Rachel Z was good on keyboard and Melanie Gabriel did a fine job backing up her dad on vocals. Both Peter and Melanie sang Downside Up, upside down.....they literally hung upside down and walked around on a hanging platform upside down.

That is one thing about Peter's performances, there is quite a bit of theatrics involved. One friend who saw the DC show said he'd like to see them put more money and energy into the sound and music than in all the theatrics and I will say I have to agree. Peter also got inside a huge clear ball, like a hamster rolls around in and he went all over the stage in it, at times rolling over equipment.

Peter's energy is still the same. His voice is still perfect!

For those of you who have had close floor seats you will know when I say how the whole concert experience is raised many levels due to the interaction with the musicians. All of the band members were constantly interacting with the crowd! It was by far one of the best concerts I've ever gone to. Definitely felt that rock show rush!

I should mention the Blind Boys from Alabama were great....could have listened to them longer! Did a great job opening the show.

Might also add the concert started at 8:00 and Peter took stage about 8:45 and they didn't finish until almost midnight!!! Worth every cent I paid for the tickets!

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 12/11/2002 : 3:30:23 PM
Great, thanks! Can't wait to hear what she thinks about the PG show.
Tony's concert is only $20 here.

Stones touring again? or still? Would have loved to have seen them at the Tower Theatre here in Philly....they did 3 shows at different venuses.
Erich Posted - 12/11/2002 : 3:19:57 PM
no, i think hers is tonight... Staples Center i believe. I'll tell her to post here

and i may be interested in tonys show if i have the cash, for now im in concert debt and i also want stones tickets... grr..
PJK Posted - 12/11/2002 : 2:50:41 PM
Erich, how did Kris like the show???It was last night, right?

Did you see my post that Tony Levin is touring NY in Jan, and one show in PA on Jan 8th which I already ordered a ticket for! Wohoooo!
Erich Posted - 12/09/2002 : 10:04:46 PM
thats the show Kris is going to, Kevin. she lives in Anaheim
KevinLesko Posted - 12/09/2002 : 8:56:04 PM
Thanks for the awesome review! I am really bummed I'm not going to get to see this show... They even added a show in Anaheim which is like 15 minutes from me... but of course the date is dead in the middle of finals week . I wonder if any of the shows were taped or video taped professionally? A dvd release would be sweet!
PJK Posted - 12/09/2002 : 01:09:04 AM
Erich, so glad you went to the show and that your friend will get to go as well.She won't regret it. I heard Peter caught a cold in Denver but managed to get through the show just fine. Hope he's ok for the rest of the tour.

Isn't Tony amazing? When he and David get together on stage they just blow me away!!! They all have so much energy I don't know how anyone could sit back and not get into the music!

That sucks about the people next to you during the opening acts. There were some rude people around me as well. Don't they get it that those musicians deserve some respect too????? They were especially rude for the Tanzanians whom I was particularly fond of. That kind of pissed me off but I didn't say anything. I also had a drunk next to me who tried to grab my ass at one point, he was so drunk I don't think he even knew what he was doing. He finally staggered out of there near the end. He didn't bother me though because I was so into the music I just didn't care.
Erich Posted - 12/09/2002 : 12:57:08 AM
Kris just got a ticket, so im happy she gets to share the experience.
Erich Posted - 12/08/2002 : 5:44:45 PM
ubelievable show, youre totaly right. Growing Up was by far the best part of the set with the hamster ball, and because i saw it live i now LOVE The Barry Williams Show. I was thoroughly shocked and impressed with his set.

Blind Boys were awsome, same with the two tanzanians we got, but the people next to me wouldnt SHUT UP. I didnt pay to hear you talk on your fucking phone durring the opener. Also, sit in the right fucking seat. I get there early so i can find my seat just so i dont look like as big an idiot as you.

End rant

But yeah, after hearing so much about the show and that you got to go, Pam, I had to go see it, and i was very very pleased. My good friend Kris is thinking of seeing him in CA, though she better hurry. I cant wait for his next album which should be out within a year or two, i want to see him on tour again

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000