Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Question about Pickups and DIY Mixer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
therippa Posted - 12/06/2002 : 2:42:50 PM
Hey guys, I should be probably be posting this in the Guitar section, but this node gets checked more freqeuntly I believe.

Here's what's going on...this weekend an old friend is coming to visit me and we want to record.

My first question is, I have a Martin Thinline Acoustigold+ pickup on my guitar...will this work with the "mic in" jack on my laptop, or does it send a line signal and require a "line in" jack.

Also, I'm going to need a simple two-channel mixer for this weekend. Instead of paying $150+ for one with features I don't needs (like crossfading, etc), I wanna build one. It's been a while since I've soldered anything, but I imagine this would work...

...what do you think?

Thanks!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 12/06/2002 : 3:25:49 PM
I know nothing about mixers... but you can certainly record using the mic-in jack on the back of your computer. I used to have an effects processor on my computer that would change the sound in real time. To plug in, I just got a 1/4" to 1/8" converter and plugged right into the line in on my soundcard.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000