Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 SpaceMonkey is the Shit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tericee Posted - 11/25/2002 : 02:22:37 AM
PJK asked not to continue the thread (http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2785) so I'm not. Though I am meeting the letter of the law, I believe this thread may well violate the spirit of the law.

I just wanted to comment on how well-spoken our (new?) friend SpaceMonkey is. Here are but a few examples:
quote:
I will now indulge myself in further ridicule of our friend mr2good.

quote:
We don't want them passing out on the floor because they're were too many neurons wizzing around inside their heads (and a strobelight! The horror...).

quote:
No doubt our friend was baffled by these unsettling images and spent the remainder of the night watching Friends reruns and eating mint chocolate chip ice cream with his girlfriend.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/27/2002 : 06:31:07 AM
Seems like a good place for this one again. Thanx dirtysloth!!

http://home.pacbell.net/diana_do/knowjack.htm

And one of these...............

tericee Posted - 11/27/2002 : 01:35:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

...and to think only yesterday I was delivering high quality Italian food to the hungering masses...

mmm... Italian food!
Do you deliver?
pcbTIM Posted - 11/27/2002 : 12:14:42 AM
All hail Shit!!.....oops, I mean The Shit.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 11/26/2002 : 10:33:02 PM
Thanks, tericee...Rarely does one attain the dignified rank of "The Shit." "Piece of Shit," "Sack of Shit," and "Full of Shit," up until this momentous occassion, these were the only shit-related titles I could call my own. As your newly elected "The Shit" I will do my best to serve the TR MB community...so help me God.

For all the English majors and aspiring English majors, I hope this serves as an example of where your powers of verbiage can lead you...and to think only yesterday I was delivering high quality Italian food to the hungering masses...
pcbTIM Posted - 11/26/2002 : 1:11:31 PM
Yeah.......that seems pretty kewl though. I'm sure if you get really good at it, you'd be able to sum a person up in a few seconds. But I find it strange that it's easier in groups than individually. I figured that one-on-one would make it easier to focus. But you'd be the one who knows.

And you're right about seeing things differently. Does anyone here read FoxTrot? When I read it a few years ago, I would see Jason's explanations and just skip over them. But now, when he talks about calculus or physics, I completely understand.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/26/2002 : 12:08:45 PM
Sometimes... certainly not all the time. Generally I pick up on things involving groups very easily, but individuals can be tougher if it's one on one. But finding behavioral patterns in a social group is like looking at those 3d hidden pictures at the mall... once you know what you're looking at, it's totally obvious. Like you said, it does slightly change the way you see things because I don't actually look for traits of a given theory or process, it's just something you notice... kind of like when you pick up on a detail of an intricacy in a song... it was always there, but you may have just never noticed it past... but once you hear it once, you always notice it again when you hear the song. I'm sure you see the same thing being an engineer... I'll bet you notice the way certain things are designed that most people just use without a glance.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/26/2002 : 09:54:41 AM
No problem, Silky. I have a question, though. My best friend is working on his masters in psycology, and I've always wondered if you always see things in those terms. What I mean is, does your brain always recognize stuff you learned in class when talking to a friend, co-worker, etc.? I've wanted to ask him this, but it would be awkward.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/26/2002 : 02:02:58 AM
Well thanks Patrick... very nice of you to say that.
And that would indeed be the best band name ever.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/25/2002 : 5:32:21 PM
Ooh. That would be such a good band name.

Patrick and The Relaxed Jaw. MWAHHAHHAHAH....

Flood Control: 36
Jason -1
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 5:16:55 PM
How did you find out about my band name?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/25/2002 : 5:13:54 PM
Patrick and his relaxed jaw.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 5:07:33 PM
No Jason, I only make that face when I'm around you.

But if you see me outside, I will most likely look like this...

And yes Silky, I was being sincere.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/25/2002 : 4:55:56 PM
I thought it was mostly like this:
tericee Posted - 11/25/2002 : 4:30:34 PM
He usually looks like this:
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/25/2002 : 4:19:20 PM
I'd be able to tell if you were right in front of me... did you look like this or this when you said it... ? haha.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 4:04:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

Are you saying that in a good way or a bad way? Me cannot tell.

You're the psycologist.....you tell me.

Come back Pam!!
victorwootenfan Posted - 11/25/2002 : 3:52:36 PM
oops...sorry i just noticed i posted there, but then again it was about the grateful dead and nothing to do with dave fans or nancies...still, i apologize!
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/25/2002 : 2:14:45 PM
quote:
Agreed. And let's not forget our little friend Silky. He's in pyschology.

Are you saying that in a good way or a bad way? Me cannot tell. I hope everyone knows I wasn't continuing that thread out of spite to Pam or anything... I was just being a sarcastic ass. I also can't tell if Pam was angry about the thread here or the one on nancies... ?? Sorry Pam if I was too sarcastic in my reply to that guy, it's all in good fun... I thought it was funny.
tericee Posted - 11/25/2002 : 1:38:25 PM
Well, I thought we were having fun, but too many people got offended and now we're losing one of my fave people. I guess I'm a contributor to her departure since I started this thread. Darn.

When was the last time somebody left because they couldn't stand conflict? Was it back in the Isaac days, or has there been somebody more recent?
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 06:17:14 AM
Agreed. And let's not forget our little friend Silky. He's in pyschology.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000