Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Help: Why does my guitar sound so bad???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/23/2002 : 10:01:19 PM
I dunno what it is, but ever since I've gotten my guitar re-strung, it has been the worst sounding instrument in the world. I cringe with every strum, and I'm lucky if blood itself doesnt begin to flow from my ears. Well, I did get my strings for a very, very low price of about $3.50, but then again, my bro paid about the same, along with the re-stringing by a "professional." My brother did mine (I allowed him becuase he wanted to experiment and see if he could do it) Now, I'm not blaming him, but there is a major diffrence. His guitar sounds amazing. Every note is plesant to the ears, where mine is as if nails are being pulled on a dusty chalkboard. What could be the problem? Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/27/2002 : 12:02:24 PM
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tericee

Could it be you HTG?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe.....she said what we're all thinking.

Whoa! I cant believe I missed that...screw you guys! *runs off crying*
__________ Posted - 11/27/2002 : 11:23:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pcbdmb

quote:

Could it be you HTG?

ha ha ha.
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/25/2002 : 6:48:22 PM
quote:
I dunno, when I got my strings re-strung, it sounded like complete crap, but now it sounds great. All I can suggest is give it like a week or two, then see what it sounds like. If not, I'd say take it to a profesional.

I've given it a month, no change for the better. I think i'll just head over to the music store one day and see if they can tell me anything new/helpfull.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 11/25/2002 : 6:41:19 PM
It's not nice to be a smart ass.

Jk, that's what I meant to say.
tericee Posted - 11/25/2002 : 5:35:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TalkingNeurons

quote:
It might be that new string sound...No, wiat, it ain'
...when I got my strings re-strung...

Did you restring with the same old strings you had before? If not, I'd guess you got your guitar restrung.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 11/25/2002 : 4:55:56 PM
quote:
It might be that new string sound...No, wiat, it ain'

I dunno, when I got my strings re-strung, it sounded like complete crap, but now it sounds great. All I can suggest is give it like a week or two, then see what it sounds like. If not, I'd say take it to a profesional.
Jay Posted - 11/25/2002 : 3:32:09 PM
It might be that new string sound...No, wiat, it ain't

6 in the morning is nothign to me...I get up at 4:43 in the morning.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/25/2002 : 2:21:20 PM
Hey HTG... what is it exactly that sounds so bad?
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/25/2002 : 11:58:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by HispanicTeenGuitarist
ever since I've gotten my guitar re-strung

re-stringing by a "professional."

Why do you not change your strings yourself? It's really not that hard to do. And you could be buying the strings and changing them yourself for free, instead of paying someone else to do it. And if your guitar DID get damaged by whoever changed them, you could avoid that by changing your own strings.

Adam
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 09:12:46 AM
That's strange to me. After all, I have no set schedule for sleeping. Take this weekend, for example. Friday night I stayed up til sunrise, and slept in until 4 pm for work. Then I stayed up til sunrise again on Saturday night, but got up at 11 for work. And I've stayed up all night studying for my Physics test at 11. I wish I could go to sleep right after that, but I have another class followed by a two hour lab. I hate Mondays.
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/25/2002 : 07:29:56 AM
It's just me I guess.
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/25/2002 : 07:28:25 AM
Yeah, I get up around 6 in the morning. But I always try and wake up on that time, school day or not.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 07:25:54 AM
I was just curious because it was 6:20 when you posted. Man you get up early.
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/25/2002 : 07:16:03 AM
Getting ready for school, stopping by the forum, is that okay mom?
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 06:24:10 AM
What are you doing up?
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/25/2002 : 06:21:19 AM
Fleabass is right. I'll just drop some cash on a counter and see what the guys can do. But take my word for it, it sounds like complete shit.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/25/2002 : 06:18:36 AM
quote:

Could it be you HTG?

tericee Posted - 11/25/2002 : 02:24:32 AM
Could it be you HTG?
Fleabass76 Posted - 11/24/2002 : 11:12:42 PM
I'd say take it in somewhere to be checked out. There's very little anyone can do w/o seeing it or hearing it.
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/24/2002 : 9:07:41 PM
But i'm sitting here strumming and my God in heaven! Its gotten worse, and its even in tune!
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/24/2002 : 7:59:57 PM
Yamaha, acoustic, F-335.
crash258 Posted - 11/24/2002 : 6:26:59 PM
what type of guitar do you have?

make? model?

{=HTG=} Posted - 11/24/2002 : 12:38:36 AM
quote:
What exactly makes it sound bad? A rattling sound? Just plain out of tune? Bad tone? Is it electic or acoustic?

Oh, its an acoustic. My friend suggested it might have had to do with the bridge, and I thought of that also. The sound is just pure crap really, even tuned to it's best. Should I take it to my local music shop and see what they can do? Cause thats what i'm considering.
Fleabass76 Posted - 11/24/2002 : 12:29:59 AM
It could have to do with the intonation...if the bridge saddle was moved at all...another thing could be if the new strings are too small for your nut(hehe). What exactly makes it sound bad? A rattling sound? Just plain out of tune? Bad tone? Is it electic or acoustic?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000