Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 -=FTP IS RUNNING=-

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
prsmartin Posted - 11/17/2002 : 01:12:47 AM
I am going to start an ftp account for TIM REYNOLDS DOWNLOADS!!!
After saying that, I would first like to give a very big thank you to the previous ftp server. I forgot the guy's name who kept it up and running, but I met Fluffy at the Tim show on 11/07/2002 in Annapolis, MD and he told me that the ftp might no longer be up (for good). So I have decided to try my best to possibly get something available by Sunday 11/17/2002.

CONTENTS: (Only new stuff for now)
-----------------------------------------
1. I will start with the two 2002 shows that I have (10/31 & 11/4)
2. I will then work on videos, and other stuff from the original ftp
3. I'm not sure if I will get to tabs right away but some great ones
are available in the tab section on the message board

**If anyone would like to donate some stuff (anything) that I can put
up, please let me know by replying to this post

I am doing this because I want to be able to have a source for people to enjoy Tim's music as much as I do. I am also in the process of ordering an additional 80GB hard drive so that I will be able to host a ton of material for y'all.

I have set up an email address if you would like to contact me directly about this ftp account:

ag_tr2002@hotmail.com

THE FTP ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
address - 216.45.70.193
user name - tim
password - reynolds

(Please be patient until I have a chance to troubleshoot everything)

Thank You & Peace...

Adam G. (prsmartin)
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
prsmartin Posted - 12/02/2002 : 09:10:45 AM
My new hard drive is here, and its HUGE!!!
If anyone could upload some videos, that would rock. Yes, I want videos. Lots of videos. Muchos videos. PLEASE contact me about uploading. I finally fixed all the latency problems with teh firewall and what not. Upload, upload, upload (if you can).

Thanx
prsmartin Posted - 11/25/2002 : 3:17:18 PM
Thanks guys, I was just venting...(that guy really pissed me off!!)

Anyways, I have a few videos that will be available later tonight. I'm at work so I don't have a list in front of me (sorry). Log in later and see which ones I have, and then we can possibly get some others in there tonight? (Yes, I will be available for uploading tonight...FYI!!!) If anyone wants to upload tonight, please respond and set it up separately to maximize the transfer speed. From past FTP'ing experience, I found that that's the best way to upload. I anyone could email me a list (text, *.doc, etc.) that would be great, because then we could all pretty much figure out which videos should be uploaded first, based on who has what (rarity, highly demanded shows, etc).

Sorry to blab on (you guys get the point about uploading so I don't need to tell ya how). Like I said, I'm at work and this kills time, so I type a little more per message 'cause my boss is cool and doesn't care. (The email and FTP info are on my previous message)

Later...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/25/2002 : 2:19:50 PM
That's kinda goofy... not sure how anyone could interpret your move to share as a selfish thing. Just a suggestion for your FTP, maybe rather than having audio on there, try and work on getting the tour videos on there since there now seems to be a stable source for shn's. Anyway, I don't think I've said thanks yet... but thanks man, nice of you to do that.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/25/2002 : 1:28:27 PM
Adam G, what shows are you offering currently? And do you think you'll be able to offer shows other than the ones offered by archive.etree?
tericee Posted - 11/25/2002 : 1:24:51 PM
This one too... taping/trading. There's not a single Simpsons reference in this thread, so it must be in the wrong forum...
prsmartin Posted - 11/25/2002 : 1:09:25 PM
Sorry evryone, I had to go out of town to Cleveland on an emergency trip this weekend. Thats why the FTP was not up. It is working, I just forgot to let it run over the weekend. Hope everyone understands. It should be up right now, and will be up all night. If you tried and failed to log in, sorry again. Contact me with any other concerns.

BTW: I have received abundant positive feedback from everyone, so thank you. I did have someone say that I was doing this for selfish reasons (through an email...I will not name the person, but that was extremely rude), and just to get the shows I want. In response to that pencil dick:

-I am doing this because I am such a big Tim Reynolds fan, as is
everyone else on this message board. I want to help and spread
his incredible music all over the place, in order to help Tim
and his entire crew 'cause they work their butts off. This person logged in to the FTP and saw that the only two
shows there at the moment were the ones on etree, and assumed
that it was only to get more for myself. Well, the point of this
is to build up the database so that everyone benefits. It was
very sad when the original FTP went down so I'm tryin' to be a
nice guy and start it back up.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm just complaining, but I needed to blow off some steam. Anyways, everyone else rocks and a special thanks to all the people who are willing to contribute.

ag_tr2002@hotmail.com

address - 216.45.70.193
user name - tim
password - reynolds

-Adam G.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/22/2002 : 3:56:11 PM
The thing won't let me log in. ~!~ ~?~
Baboonboy Posted - 11/22/2002 : 3:48:42 PM
http://webdev.archive.org/audio/etree-upload.php
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/22/2002 : 3:10:08 PM
How do we give the shows to etree? I've been wondering that myself, as I can probably contribute some shows myself. If I knew how (meaning if someone told me how) I'd be happy to. I have a few shows that aren't up there (*see list in link).
Baboonboy Posted - 11/22/2002 : 2:52:14 PM
While you offering an ftp is a very cool and nobel thing to do... If everyone could contribute shows they have to the etree archive, it would allow everyone to download them MUCH faster (probably) and it would also give people who might not be familiar with Tim the chance to get them as well...
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/22/2002 : 11:04:59 AM
Will you be offering anything other than what the etree site offers? That'd be great if you did. I'd be very interested. Keep us posted on what you're hosting. Thanks man, sounds good.
prsmartin Posted - 11/22/2002 : 10:11:52 AM
I understand what you're saying now. I just wasn't sure which one you meant by "download thingie." Thanks EnthuTIMsiast...

FTP is up, and I will upload some more shows into it this weekend.
My new 80GB Hard Drive should be here within the next day or so, and once I have that...let the downloading begin!

Later...
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/22/2002 : 02:42:29 AM
Ok, I'm about to hit the "Post New Reply" button right there at the bottom of the screen here...and when I do, this post is going to come up saying exactly what I'm typing. PLUS it will have my signature file after a hard rule. In said signature you will find many words, some that turn your cursor into a hand when moved over. The first cursor-changer says Tim Reynolds Downloads. If you click that, you will be taken to a page that has many downloadable shows, which I believe you mentioned before that people have had trouble downloading from. I now think that you and I were miscommunicating, or more likely you weren't understanding me. What my link is to is something Erich set up with a external server (meaning not on the TR server) to host TR shows (also TR3 and Offering, among other less related groups).

Basically, click the link in my signature. If you don't understand after that, then I'll try to help you some more. And that download page is considerably reliable. I've downloaded something like 10 or 15 shows, and only had trouble maybe three times or so. Of course, I got on immediately after, so it wasn't a problem.

Any questions, let me know.
prsmartin Posted - 11/21/2002 : 8:18:32 PM
Not quite sure I follow you 100%, enthuTIMsiast. Download from where?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/21/2002 : 2:49:27 PM
I happen to have some stuff here on the computer at work that I suppose can be uploaded...but it'd be probably easier for you to just go download it from the other download thingie and use it that way... if that makes any sense.
prsmartin Posted - 11/21/2002 : 2:46:06 PM
FTP!!!
The ftp is basically ready to go, but I need some more material in it. If anyone has anything to upload that would be willing, I would greatly appreciate it (and so would others...i hope).

Someone please try to log in to the ftp after 7:00 PM Eastern. If there seems to be problems, please tell me so I can troubleshoot them. Thanks...

I have set up an email address if you would like to contact me directly about this ftp account:

ag_tr2002@hotmail.com

address - 216.45.70.193
user name - tim
password - reynolds
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/17/2002 : 3:18:49 PM
Wow, thats awesome. I cant wait untill i'm getting my Tim fix, its been a while, sniff*sniff*

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000