Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 bummed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dirtysloth Posted - 11/11/2002 : 4:21:06 PM
Hmmm. I tried ordering some airplane tix online with USAirways. I pull up a screen that gives me the impression that a round trip flight from Orlando to Roanoke is $324. I buy it. Nowhere did it say anything about $750 until after I bought it. So I guess maybe $324 was one way, but even if it was, which I seriously don't think it was, isn't it customary for you to see the price you're paying before they charge you? Customer service didn't know. So yeah, now I don't have enough money to eat tonight. It should be refunded by tomorrow at the latest(it better be, because I want that new Pearl Jam album), but that still leaves me with a charge from my bank for going over. I'm going to explain what happened, and if they don't credit that back to my account then they'll probably have the privelage of seeing a side of me no one else ever has.

Man, there really is something about test days for me(if you remember, in the last two months I've had two cars break down on the days of finals). This morning was a midterm and this evening is a skills test accounting for 20% each of my final grade in one of my classes. I could really do without all this extra bs.
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 11/21/2002 : 8:54:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

I went to the $600 guy and he said if a friend could pick me up, he could start fixing it today! He also put his price down to $500 since he had a barely used cover that was left over from warranty work that had been done on a Cabrio convertible frame at the VW dealer down the street. Since a brand spanking new factory top is $5000 (EEK!) I'm pretty happy to be paying only 10% of that.

Well, I now have a new top on my car. It almost looks like a new car since my old top was beige and my new one is black. Now I just have to wash it and it will look GREAT!! Nothing like a makeover for a six-year-old car...
Evergreen Posted - 11/20/2002 : 4:43:42 PM
Hey Dirtysloth, were you able to get the Pearl Jam release.
IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!! If your out of money, I'll burn and send
you a copy, just email me. Its really great. I'm a fan of ALL PJ
stuff but I have to say this is the best in awhile. I don't have TIMe
to review it for you now. Hope things are better.
Fluffy Posted - 11/20/2002 : 4:32:25 PM
Oh well, I would highly recommend checking them out in greater detail. They are an awesome predominantly acoustic rock band. I really was a big fan back in the day.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/20/2002 : 4:30:27 PM
Every one. And none of them sounded familiar......sorry.
Fluffy Posted - 11/20/2002 : 12:11:56 PM
Hey dirtysloth, did your friends or dad make it to the show?

pcbTIM, did you check out the songs?
pcbTIM Posted - 11/15/2002 : 9:10:00 PM
I will check out those samples after I get off...........from work.
Fluffy Posted - 11/13/2002 : 03:03:36 AM
Hey dirtysloth, RU gonna be in Roanoke in TIMe for the TR show? Hope to see you there if you are. Let your friend from Blacksburg know about the show, he may want to see it again. THANX
Fluffy Posted - 11/13/2002 : 03:01:40 AM
pcbdmb asked:
quote:
Sorry to make you feel old, but who?

The Alarm!! They had 2 huge hits in the 80's, 68 Guns and The Stand. Great songs from the period. If you would like to hear samples, you can check them out at:

ALARM SONGS
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2002 : 8:12:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pcbdmb
Jason, you'd be surprised how clear it gets after it rains. You can see the hills in the backround. And when I walk to class in the morning, I can actually see the ocean.

Actually, that's just about what I figured. I'll bet it is beautiful.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/12/2002 : 7:35:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Back to the "rain is good" discussion: Does anybody remember a song by The Alarm called "Rain in the Summertime?" It always gave me a warm fuzzy.

Sorry to make you feel old, but who?

And Jason, you'd be surprised how clear it gets after it rains. You can see the hills in the backround. And when I walk to class in the morning, I can actually see the ocean.
tericee Posted - 11/12/2002 : 1:39:51 PM
We think we finally have the ants at bay. There are just a few random ones wandering around assessing the carnage.

Back to the "rain is good" discussion: Does anybody remember a song by The Alarm called "Rain in the Summertime?" It always gave me a warm fuzzy.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2002 : 11:02:13 AM
Booo ants booo...
tericee Posted - 11/12/2002 : 10:09:09 AM
Rain also brings ants.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2002 : 08:32:04 AM
I bet the rain cleans the air a little, too, doesn't it? Just knocks some of the smog out. Maybe that's why it's soothing, because your lungs are finally getting some fresh clean purified air, you think? I love rainy weather too, but ONLY if I'm able to stay dry (which isn't generally that hard). If I get wet, then I just get pissed off.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/12/2002 : 02:33:11 AM
Yeah......rain is a nice change. I really like the rain, so calming. Whenever it rains, I always take a walk. And since I live in L.A., you can see how often I get to do that.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/11/2002 : 11:47:33 PM
actually, that was good timing, since we got tons of rain here in CA all weekend... the most rain I've seen in the last 2 years. If that had happened 2 days earlier, you'd be suffering from a severe case of WET ASS!!
PJK Posted - 11/11/2002 : 8:58:00 PM
Hey Teri, since you run a lot, did you ever have knee problems? I fell a few weeks ago and still have a huge lump on my knee. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow....I HATE DR.'s!!!!! Just wondering...I kept hoping it would go away but it seems to be all filled with fluid. Another situation!!!!hehehe
PJK Posted - 11/11/2002 : 8:54:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad day Teri, at least it wasn't raining like it was out here. Some TIMes it just seems that if it's not one thing it's another!
A friend of mine calls these types of things "situations" and some how when you think of it like that they don't seem as bad......although you all could use less "situations" in the future...hehehe.
Take care!
tericee Posted - 11/11/2002 : 8:01:28 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad day. I did too, if it makes you feel any better. (Probably not, but it was worth a try.)

I had a small rip in my convertible top which turned into a huge one on the freeway today. As I was driving, half of the canvas tore off my car; I was horrified watching in my rear view mirror as it blew around on the freeway. I pulled off at the next available exit to do damage assessment. All that was left was the black rubber part under the canvas. And back around the rear window I could actually put my hand all the way into the back seat of my car. I drove slowly on surface streets the rest of the way home.

There was a silver lining to all this, I suppose. Because of the original rip, I had been asking around for referrals from friends who drive convertibles. I called two different shops and got quotes for $600 and $650 (parts and labor). I went to the $600 guy and he said if a friend could pick me up, he could start fixing it today! He also put his price down to $500 since he had a barely used cover that was left over from warranty work that had been done on a Cabrio convertible frame at the VW dealer down the street. Since a brand spanking new factory top is $5000 (EEK!) I'm pretty happy to be paying only 10% of that.

I hope your test went well tonight.
PJK Posted - 11/11/2002 : 7:10:28 PM
I take it you used a debit card??? Lesson one....never use a debit card for on-line ordering. Credit cards are great for this kind of thing because the credit card company will make efforts to correct a situation where as a bank is much less likely to. If you are worried about over extending your credit, which is something way too many people do, you can ask for a low credit line, for example $500 so it's there for emergencies.

I use a debit card most of the TIMe to avoid debt, but I use credit cards for on-line purchases and someTIMes at retail stores especially if it comes with a discount. BUT I always pay my balances off each month.

I don't think it's right to charge you without showing you a final amount first. I never had that happen! Good luck with it and sorry you have had so much BS to put up with lately....whoever said life isn't fair wasn't kidding! If you used a debit card wouldn't it need approval first before the transaction goes through???? Let us know how you make out with this mess.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/11/2002 : 6:07:56 PM
That sucks man... I'm sure the bank will straighten things out though.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/11/2002 : 4:48:06 PM
Sorry to hear about all the extra BS goin on for ya... When things are good, everything goes right, when times are bad, everything bad happens at once. I could certainly do without the BS myself, I think we all could. Good luck on those tests.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000