Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon: Clone Tour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/04/2002 : 1:46:25 PM
Here are the dates:

11/4 | Club Helsinki | Great Barrington, MA
11/5 | Ira Allen Chapel (UVM) | Burlington, VT
11/6 | Sanders Theatre | Cambridge, MA
11/8 | Bowery Ballroom | New York, NY
11/9 | Theatre of Living Arts | Philadelphia, PA
11/10 | 9:30 Club | Washington, DC
11/12 | Variety Playhouse | Atlanta, GA
11/13 | Park West | Chicago, IL
11/15 | Mississippi Nights | St. Louis, MO
11/16 | The Roxy | Los Angeles, CA
11/17 | The Fillmore | San Francisco, CA
11/19 | Boulder Theater | Boulder, CO

Silky, I seriously hope you go to the Variety one. I know it's a Tuesday...but still...

You too HTG.

And I'm sorry I've been starting so many threads lately...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/08/2002 : 6:33:41 PM
Flamingjoemoe. "I guess you can say the secret ingredient is cough syrup."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/08/2002 : 5:41:08 PM
I've been wondering myself who was opening. I haven't heard much, but some people have dropped his name, so I'm guessing he is the one opening. I'll be glad to finally hear him, as I have never up to this point heard him once.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/08/2002 : 5:26:50 PM
I was thinking it was tongue in something else... if you know whaddi mean *wink wink*.

But yeah... seats... line... it's all the same to me. Either way it will translate into us being front and center again. Is Peter Prince opening?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/08/2002 : 12:52:01 PM
Silky, I'll probably bring the camcorder, but more battery power! Can't be missing the encore again. But I was thinking and we shouldn't have to save seats (since we'll both probably be there early), but we can save spots in line if it needs to come to that... just a thought. And I might go there by myself cause I don't think my sister will want to wait in line for hours... We'll see and I'll let you know.

Oh, and saying that those girls had a thing for me was the most tongue in cheek thing I've said all day. Hehe...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/06/2002 : 12:14:36 PM
Haha hitting on you? I don't think they were interested in you... or any of 'our kind' for that matter. And I will definitely save you a couple of seats if need be. Are you going to film it again this year?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/06/2002 : 11:26:59 AM
OOh, and maybe that splendid comedian will be performing again...I just loved her crowd. I think some of them were hitting on me.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/06/2002 : 11:24:40 AM
You mean up front behind me, like last year? HEhe... I don't know if I'll get to be first again, but maybe we can work out something Silky? Like you save two seats if you get there first...or vice versa... It could work.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/06/2002 : 10:26:20 AM
Yep I'll be there for sure... Probably in line before most anyone else even arrives to make sure we get up front again this year. I can't wait.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/06/2002 : 12:23:00 AM
Silky, can we expect to see you at the TIM show in Atlanta? I am going to do my best to make it there. It being on a Sunday won't help anything...but I'm trying...maybe I'll take that Monday off. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll be there. Thought about driving to Charleston for that show then back thru Atlanta, but I don't think my truck will make the 13 hours it'd take to Charleston and the back...

But Atlanta is almost a fix. Hope to see everyone there.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/04/2002 : 8:39:12 PM
I don't think the variety is 21+... I went to plenty of shows there before I turned 21.
victorwootenfan Posted - 11/04/2002 : 6:48:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by HispanicTeenGuitarist

quote:
plays bass with a pick

Oh come on. Thats no way to play a bass guitar.

EXACTLY!!! imagine some seasoned jazz electric bassist like Oteil playing with phish(well Oteil is with Page in Vida Blue now). He would make the band so much better instead.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/04/2002 : 5:53:11 PM
Lyrically it's Phish-esque. Musically it's Kottke-esque. It's very clear what each of them contributed to the album, to me. Kottke did the greater bit of musical writing, and Gordon did the lyrics. And it really really shows, and that's not necessarily bad. It's something that only those two could have done. By the way, you can check out very descriptive audio samples by doing the relative searches on

www.cdnow.com

Check it oot!
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/04/2002 : 5:48:34 PM
quote:
plays bass with a pick

Oh come on. Thats no way to play a bass guitar.
victorwootenfan Posted - 11/04/2002 : 5:22:01 PM
I don't know anything at all about leo, but mike is the grooving bass player of phish. i don't like him as much as the rest of the band phish, he's kinda my least fav. band member. kind of a goofy guy, plays bass with a pick, but he fits in well for the band. now mike with leo i've heard nothing about at all, what genre is it even?
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/04/2002 : 5:06:42 PM
Oh well...damn my young age of 16!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/04/2002 : 5:00:44 PM
Come to think of it HTG, I'll bet the Variety is 21 and over...I'm not sure about GA laws, but a place like that would be in MS or TN...so it's proabably right out for you.

So I'll just tell you about Leo and Mike...or a little about Mike, cause I'm not sure I can put into words about Leo and his 12 string.

Mike is the bass player for Phish...

That is all.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/04/2002 : 4:32:15 PM
HTG, just find out when you go, if you like acoustic music at all, then you will be very very happily surprised.
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/04/2002 : 4:05:55 PM
To be honest, i'm a little in the dark with these two guys...
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/04/2002 : 3:39:26 PM
I'd love to see him too, but there's just no way for me to make Atlanta on a Tuesday night...my day off work will be to see TIM there. It should be very enjoyable.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/04/2002 : 2:03:11 PM
If there's any way I can swing it I'll be there... I'd love to see Leo.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000