Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Bowling For Columbine =

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:46:12 AM
Great film. Michael Moore's best yet. Go see it if it is playing within a half hour of you, it will be worth it.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 07/16/2003 : 01:25:52 AM
KevinLesko Posted - 07/14/2003 : 7:16:34 PM
I just saw Canadian Bacon on tv this morning and it was halarious. I was LOL at how everytime the canadians said anything, it started with "please".

By the way, they have FINALLY gotten a firm date on the BFC dvd which will be out Aug 19th.

tericee Posted - 03/01/2003 : 4:37:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by thomasode

Though I haven't seen this movie yet, I heared it was great. Is it about gun control or CHS shootings? Either way I think I should go see it.

Here's what IMDB says:

The United States of America is notorious for its astronomical number of people killed by firearms for a developed nation without a civil war. With his signature sense of angry humour, activist filmmaker Michael Moore sets out to explore the roots of this bloodshed. In doing so, he learns that the conventional answers of easy availability of guns, violent national history, violent entertainment and even poverty are inadequate to explain this violence when other cultures share those same factors without the equivalent carnage. In order to arrive at a possible explanation, Michael Moore takes on a deeper examination of America's culture of fear, bigotry and violence in a nation with widespread gun ownership. Furthermore, he seeks to investigate and confront the powerful elite political and corporate interests fanning this culture for their own unscrupulous gain.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 03/01/2003 : 1:34:09 PM
Thanks PJK! This movie is a must see. I think that you would really "enjoy" it since you work within education (right??? I could be very wrong... wouldn't be a first that's for sure!).

And can I just say that I love Oprah! I was just talking to my roommate about how much we dig her. I don't watch her show all the TIMe unless there's a situation like this where I know there'll be something I want to watch. But what she has gone through, and how she handled it amazes me! The talk Miss Roomie sprouted over a quote that she came across by Oprah... "If you are a woman living, you've been done wrong by a man."

I am done being anti-male now.
thomasode Posted - 03/01/2003 : 12:15:00 PM
Though I haven't seen this movie yet, I heared it was great. Is it about gun control or CHS shootings? Either way I think I should go see it.
PJK Posted - 02/28/2003 : 5:11:18 PM
OK OK I know no one likes Oparh, but she is featuring this movie on her show on Monday. I know I want to watch because I heard so much about it but haven't been able to get to see it yet. Just thought I would pass this on.
KevinLesko Posted - 12/22/2002 : 6:28:00 PM
I picked up Michael's latest book "Stupid White People" during my thanksgiving vacation to NC, and I've just now cracked into it, now that school is over and I'm loving every sentence. I definately HIGHLY RECOMEND this book!

Also, that box dvd set is on my XXX-mas wish list! I gotta check that out, and I can't wait for Bowling to come out on DVD.
Saint Jude Posted - 11/11/2002 : 11:29:06 PM
quite amazing stuff to think about. i wish this movie had played in more theaters.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/11/2002 : 10:50:09 PM
man, i completely agree with everything that has been said. I just saw it today (for free hehe) and I really enjoyed it. I laughed at some parts and got very emotional at other parts. The quote from the missle builder about how missiles are only used for defense followed by all of the bombing statisics was ver powerful.

The Interview with Marilyn Manson was also a pleasant surprise since I am a big fan of his. I like that fact about how the president should (or should not) have been looked at as more of a role model than Marilyn. And I had no idea that Clinton bombed a school in Kosovo the very morning of the Columbine shooting.
Saint Jude Posted - 10/28/2002 : 6:27:17 PM
canadian bacon is hilarious. great movie.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/28/2002 : 1:29:48 PM
Wow.......I haven't seen that movie in a long TIMe. I've forgotten everything, except that the Canadians always said "excuse me" when John Candy was pushing them out of the way.
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 06:24:54 AM
Yes it is!!!

Canadian Bacon
pcbTIM Posted - 10/28/2002 : 05:42:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Canadian Bacon (1995)

Is that with John Candy?
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 04:27:30 AM
All of Michael Moore's films are spectacular. Others to check out if you haven't seen them:

"Awful Truth, The" (1999) TV Series
And Justice for All (1998)
Big One, The (1997)
TV Nation (1995) (V)
TV Nation 2 (1995) (V)
Canadian Bacon (1995)
"TV Nation" (1994) TV Series
Two Mikes Don't Make a Wright (1992) (segment "Pets or Meat: The Return to Flint")
Pets or Meat: The Return to Flint (1992) (TV)
Roger & Me (1989)

For more info on any of these films or on Michael himself, check out:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Moore,+Michael+(II)
Fleabass76 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 02:48:42 AM
Yeah, very impressive. I give it 5/5 stars.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000