Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Research paper...aarrrrggghhhh!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/26/2002 : 9:41:02 PM
I'm currently looking around the net for information dealing with my 11th grade research paper. I'm writing a paper on Nathaniel Hawthorne’s short story, "The Ministers Black Veil," and my subject (I think, but it’s not concrete) will be dealing with the blackness in men’s souls and the veils symbolic meaning, blah blah blah. So far I have 50 note cards done, a bunch of info cited, and I’ve put about 3 and a half hours in the library just finding info. But if any of you colleges students could give me some advice, anything would be great...before my head erupts. Thanks.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/18/2002 : 4:52:50 PM
Well, I got my rough draft back today. It was a 42 out of 50 (42/50) Besides a few mistakes and one or two run on sentences, she said it was very good, and I wouldn’t have to put much work into it to finish it up and slap it down on her desk as my final copy. Boyah!
{=HTG=} Posted - 11/08/2002 : 3:41:35 PM
quote:
Any progress, young Jedi?

No, not really. I turned in the rough draft and i'm still waiting for it to be graded. My teacher said she should be finished with the rest of my class by upcomming monday.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/08/2002 : 08:44:34 AM
Any progress, young Jedi?
Fluffy Posted - 11/05/2002 : 05:52:02 AM
Are we gonna get to see it when you are done? HOPE HOPE HOPE
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/31/2002 : 10:56:31 PM
Well, so far for my paper I have around 2 pages completed. I might have to change my thesis statement and my final outline, not to mention grab some note cards. sigh* I hate this.
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 06:36:20 AM
I think it was pretty obvious all along. I remember when Jason's changed. Ahhhh, the commitment. Jason drew the line in the sand and boldly stepped over it. Hats off to him!!! One day, maybe you can follow in his footsteps.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/28/2002 : 05:53:00 AM
So it seems that my new name has already been chosen for me, eh?
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 05:15:41 AM
But shouldn't it be, pcbTIM?

Remember the old capitalization rule.
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 04:44:03 AM
Sounds like a GREAT idea to me!!!
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 10:19:51 PM
Deal with it missy!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 10:08:19 PM
Yeah to you both. HTG, I'll be glad to help you, and Calvin, I'm not sure we could get over the change. It might be too much.
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/26/2002 : 10:03:32 PM
Sounds good enthuTIMsiast, thank you.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 10:01:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

pcbtim

Hehe......that's pretty funny. I was actually thinking of changing my screen name to something completely different. Like....Calvin....or just plain Patrick
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 9:56:41 PM
Yeah, you can often take a topic and turn it into almost whatever you want to. Just like pcbtim suggested, you could use the Long Black Veil as your leeway into popular or cultural music and how men's souls are represented in them, as well. Almost a comparison of literary works with songs, if you will. Trust me, in high school, you can get by with whatever, and as long as it's obvious that you worked on it and present it well, then you'll be ok.

Matter of fact, I'd almost say that goes for lots of situations. Any specific questions, I'd be glad to help. And I'm an extraordinary editor, if you ever want to email me a paper to look at for you.
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/26/2002 : 9:53:01 PM
quote:
You just have to stick with it

Your right about that. I probably shouldnt let it get to me.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 9:46:16 PM
You can always include "Long Black Veil" lyrics.

And I'm sorry, but I don't have much advice. I've only written two research papers so far. One of them I got to choose what the topic was, so I obviously enjoyed researching and writing it. But my second one was one I just wrote a couple of weeks ago for my stupid religion class. I had to write about Gamelan (music of Bali and primarily Hindus). It sucked ass. You just have to stick with it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000