Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Ring =

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 10/25/2002 : 3:24:50 PM
BEST FARKING MOVIE I HAVE SEEN SINCE MULHOLLAND DRIVE!

I normally hate scary movies, not cuz they scare me, but because they are so fuckin lame and predictable and gorry. (sp?) But the ring is the most suspensfull and creepy movie i have ever seen. It scared the crap out of my girlfriend though, but she said "it is very well done." So go see it, it is the best movie i have seen this year. Second only to Mulholand drive in my all time favorites, but if you have seen mul drive u know how high of standards that is at. anyway im babaling now, la la la la la la la go see the ring.
42   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 02/28/2003 : 5:08:00 PM
Hey Fluffy, I hear this will be out on DVD and video this coming week, the 4th or 5th I think.

I am going to get it and watch it in the afternoon, that way it won't freak me out, hehe.
tericee Posted - 11/02/2002 : 06:55:03 AM
Back to the topic at hand. The Japanese movies were:

Ringu 0: Baasudei (2000) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0235712
... aka Ring Ø: Birthday (2000)
Ring (1999) (novel Ringu) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0289424
... aka Ring Virus (1999)
Ringu 2 (1998) (novel) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0218553
... aka Ring 2 (2002) (International: English title)
Ringu (1998) (novel Ringu) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0178868
... aka Ring (2000) (UK: DVD title) (USA)
Rasen (1998) (novel) http://us.imdb.com/Title?0134928
... aka Spiral, The (1998/II)

BTW, I am not doing this to totally out do Jason. I just happened to be looking them up (since I read a review that mentioned the new one is a remake) and thought I might as well post the info I had found.

There is also one TV movie and a TV series that you can find links to if you click on the director's name in any of the ones above.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/01/2002 : 6:28:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

actually in japanese there is no L. For what we say w/ L's they use r's. I took two years of japanese in high school, wish i could remember more of it though. blasted crapy memory.

Yeah, my dad was telling me that they don't have an L in their alphabet. A lot of people think that they just switch r's for l's and vice versa, but not so. He used to translate Korean and Japanese for the Air Force.

Something equally interesting, the code word they would use for communications what "lollapalooza", because of the multiple L's. So, if a Japanese person was to try to forge a transmission it would sound like "raraparooza"

Adam
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 03:32:14 AM
Found it:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=862&whichpage=1

The discussion of it starts about 1/4 of the way down the page just after the pic of me stirring CHEESE!!! Post by Tericee.
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 03:00:12 AM
It's from A Christmas Story. After the Bumpas' dogs eat the Christmas turkey, the family goes to the only restaurant open on Christmas which is chinese. The folks in the restaurant try to sing to them as they feed them a duck with the head still attached. I love that movie. Tericee talked about it last Xmas. I will try and find the link.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/27/2002 : 7:13:48 PM
Congratulations. Would you mind sharing it?
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/27/2002 : 7:12:17 PM
I got it.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/27/2002 : 7:08:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dirtysloth

catch my movie reference?

Nope. But it was funny nonetheless.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/27/2002 : 7:03:41 PM
quote:
I don't think the "evidence" is mind-blowing, it just makes me say, "oh, ok". But I saw that twist, if we're talking about the same thing, a mile away.

Exactly what I thought. I just saw it... thought it was entertaining until the end, which was kinda dumb and predictable. Nothing too mindblowing there.
dirtysloth Posted - 10/27/2002 : 5:41:22 PM
catch my movie reference?
pcbTIM Posted - 10/27/2002 : 3:17:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dirtysloth

deck the hars with boughs of ha-ry... fra fra fra fra fra

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Oh man! Looks like we're in the fast lane to hell.
dirtysloth Posted - 10/27/2002 : 1:36:13 PM
deck the hars with boughs of ha-ry... fra ra ra ra ra
Saint Jude Posted - 10/27/2002 : 12:35:53 PM
actually in japanese there is no L. For what we say w/ L's they use r's. I took two years of japanese in high school, wish i could remember more of it though. blasted crapy memory.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 02:26:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

I apologize for this one in advance.. but I couldnt resist:

quote:
Anyone know the titles of the Japanese movies about the Ring?

The Ling

Shit that was funny. My sides hurt now

Adam
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:29:33 AM
Heheh...good one Kevin.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:25:53 AM
I apologize for this one in advance.. but I couldnt resist:

quote:

The Ling
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:19:30 AM
ring
rasen
ring 2
ring 0
ring virus
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:00:10 AM
I've seen this movie twice now, and I have to say it's not really scary, it's more suspenseful, and freaky. I'm not easily scared by movies and TV, things that I know are not real. I like movies and TV shows that are fact based, and that are about freaky shit such as ghosts and other unexplained events/phenomena.

Adam
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 10:31:27 PM
Trade you my lack of coffe for the rest of your child extract.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 8:54:38 PM
That was my joy in the thought of child syrup. MMMmmm ground up sweet liquidy children.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 8:36:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhh.

Was that you moaning in ecstacy or the child when you extracted the syrup from him?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 11:19:43 AM
Mmmmm child syrup........aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhh.
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/26/2002 : 06:20:36 AM
*Adds a little child syrup into a mixed drink, lights it on fire* Ah, FlamingJoeMoe.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 02:48:51 AM
Yeah, I think I agree with what you both are saying...I thought it was a pretty simple plot overdubbed with some scary scenes...frightening maybe instead of scary...

And all the stuff that it concludes with but that provide no answers at all... so much is left open that it's not great, and especially since the stuff that's left unanswered really doesn't leave one in fear, as it probably should.

Just my thoughts.
dirtysloth Posted - 10/26/2002 : 02:36:53 AM
Oh yeah, the "evidence" is quite interesting. I certainly don't think it's anywhere near as intricate as Mulholland though, which is what makes it a great movie. Again, don't get me wrong, I recommend seeing it because it is a very unique and creative work, but I don't think the "evidence" is mind-blowing, it just makes me say, "oh, ok". But I saw that twist, if we're talking about the same thing, a mile away.
Saint Jude Posted - 10/26/2002 : 02:00:21 AM
i thought that the way the movie evolved its "evidence" (which i wont say here cuz some still havent seen it) was great. it takes quite a while to get to the actual truth, but it kept u there before u even had a clue. and the twist at the end was a great addition, some people left the theater after it apeared to have 'ended' (suckers). i think those of u who saw it know what im talking about. And cinematicaly it is very good. Awsome color scheme, great camera work, and awsome audio. Some very good camrea tricks too that were done w/ set work rather then green screen. i really liked it. as if u cant tell.
dirtysloth Posted - 10/26/2002 : 01:00:46 AM
For a horror movie I definitely agree that it is well done... one of the best horror movies I've seen. But talking about movies in general, I wouldn't put it up there with Mulholland Drive... just my opinion. It isn't very scary, pretty suspenseful though and very tasteful. Thumbs up from me but I don't think it's all that spectacular.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 8:56:00 PM
Well, I'm ... um... I'm happ....wait, what the hell...
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 8:51:33 PM
Well as long as everyone's happy.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 8:45:42 PM
Dude, I get my kicks on the board. Duh. Never heard of a fluffer?
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 8:41:26 PM
So you warm her up while he gets to have all the fun? That's fucked up.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 8:37:10 PM
Mr. Johnson is doing just fine. I just drop her off at his house after our dates...
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 8:19:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

The woman wants to see it, so that's fine with me. Kinda glad actually, I want to see it. So maybe I'll let you all know what I think (or if I agree, really) later.

What's the matter? Mr. Johnson isn't showing up for work?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 7:51:12 PM
Give and take man, give and take.
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/25/2002 : 7:45:49 PM
quote:
The woman wants to see it

Whipped huh?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 7:44:23 PM
Well, I'm going to this after all. The woman wants to see it, so that's fine with me. Kinda glad actually, I want to see it. So maybe I'll let you all know what I think (or if I agree, really) later.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 7:31:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

quote:
BEST FARKING MOVIE I HAVE SEEN

WHAT???? You must not have seen "How To Fark, an Intimate Look at Farking" It is by far the best Farking movie ever.

To that.

And a trilogy about a ring? Hmmmmmmmmmm...something sounds familiar.
Saint Jude Posted - 10/25/2002 : 6:11:55 PM
quote:
On an interesting note, I read somewhere that it is a remake of a foriegn (japanese? some asain country for sure) film and that the original version is supposedly even scarier than this one.

yes it was originally japanese, they made three movies about the ring. there was even a tv series and a comic book, so they really liked it over there.

quote:
I don't know.....the sequel was pretty good too.

sequil to what
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 5:51:07 PM
Not big on scary movies myself, pcbdmb, but if this one is so good... maybe I'll have to go see it. Or rent it, that's what I'll do...
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 5:07:00 PM
I don't know.....the sequel was pretty good too.

And I will never see this movie. I absolutely hate scary movies. Just not my cup o' tea.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/25/2002 : 5:03:24 PM
quote:
BEST FARKING MOVIE I HAVE SEEN

WHAT???? You must not have seen "How To Fark, an Intimate Look at Farking" It is by far the best Farking movie ever.

KevinLesko Posted - 10/25/2002 : 5:01:16 PM
I actually hope to catch this movie sometime this weekend as I've heard nothing but good things about it. On an interesting note, I read somewhere that it is a remake of a foriegn (japanese? some asain country for sure) film and that the original version is supposedly even scarier than this one.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000