Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Just tell me I'm stupid and get it over with.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich with an h Posted - 10/25/2002 : 02:03:05 AM
I totaly like a girl thats in california. too far, too complicated, too much. and not again. I hate it, because shes totaly wonderful to chat with for hours, shes really smart, and all these other things i can say. And for the past few days my insides have been physicaly affected by the idea that shes going to be with someone soon. Shes not mine, i cant say anything about it, and there wouldnt be a chance for a long time for many reasons... but it still makes my stomach reel like its going to turn inside out and spill its contents everywhere. I feel horrific, lonely, and sick, and I know why, but... but this is based on my gut feeling. Its impossible to explain correctly, just that shes not with anyone nor has she mentioned anyone really, but i know its going to happen. I guess in my sleep deprived state ive also managed to flip out slightly and ramble, but Im going mad and its affecting my physical being and i cant stand it. Its not something worth feeling this way over. Well, it is, but its something that may not be condusive to the way I am. I cant just go around making weird assumptions about gut feelings for people that are 3000 miles away. And i see the inevitable get over it from people.

Im just lonely.
35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 11/10/2002 : 03:44:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LizT

Oh balls, and I thought they all had one!

I have two.....
LizT Posted - 11/09/2002 : 3:47:14 PM
quote:
you aren't a bunch of.......well, dicks!

Oh balls, and I thought they all had one! LOL! Just kidding guys, I couldn't resist!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/08/2002 : 5:09:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pcbdmb
Wow. It's like looking into a mirror. I'm exactly the same way (minus the girlfriend). I don't party every night like my other friends (combination of thinking it's stupid and being an engineering major). Also, my best friend is 28. I do have friends my own age, but someTIMes they just come off as really goddamn annoying. I also relate better to girls, probably because I grew up with two sisters.

Add one more. Except that I have a girlfriend. And I'm a chemist, not an engineer. I also grew up with two sisters. Neat.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/02/2002 : 01:11:31 AM
quote:
Wow. It's like looking into a mirror. I'm exactly the same way (minus the girlfriend). I don't party every night like my other friends (combination of thinking it's stupid and being an engineering major).

Kinda wierd, but chalk another one up right here.
PJK Posted - 11/01/2002 : 10:24:41 PM
Yes, why is that????? Now I know why I like what you guys have to say and why you aren't a bunch of.......well, dicks!
pcbTIM Posted - 11/01/2002 : 9:45:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

man, it must be a trend with us Tim fans

Kind of ironic that the majority of the people on this board is male.
Erich Posted - 11/01/2002 : 9:25:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pcbdmb

Wow. It's like looking into a mirror. I'm exactly the same way (minus the girlfriend). I don't party every night like my other friends (combination of thinking it's stupid and being an engineering major). Also, my best friend is 28. I do have friends my own age, but someTIMes they just come off as really goddamn annoying. I also relate better to girls, probably because I grew up with two sisters.

man, it must be a trend with us Tim fans, cause im the exact same way. I also grew up with my grandmother and mom since my dad left, so thats probably it too. I hang out a lot again now, but only with my closest friends and theres no partying and stuff. I get anoyed with men a lot easier though. s
pcbTIM Posted - 11/01/2002 : 8:17:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

As far as me getting along with guys, there are a few I get along with that I currently know, but not a whole lot. I've been told I am mature for my age (20) which is probably why I can't get into hanging out with 19-20 year olds that party and drink all the time, I'm just not into that shit, or fucking every girl that walks by. And I actually just met a guy I really get along with that there is no unsaid competition or hostility with, who happens to be 44 years old. Which leads me to belive I just need any friends of mine that are guys to be like 30 or over. The same goes for girls, I've been with my g/f for over 3 years, and she's a year older than I am.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/01/2002 : 6:43:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich with an h
Heck, i dont really even like guys at all, even as friends. I do, but theyre few and far between. Ive also noticed all the guys i hang out with, which is 3, have a very strong connection to their affeninate side, like me. Thats why i only talk to women, or at least for the most part.

I'm pretty much the same way. My g/f gives me shit because I say I get along better with girls, but it's the truth. Sure, some girls are bitches, sluts, whatever, but girls seem more interesting to know, and easier to understand and for them to understand me.

Plus, as a lot of girls say all the time, a lot of guys are dicks. And with most guys life becomes a pissing contest before long, with them always trying to outdo each other.

The only thing that sucks about being friends with girls is that they sometimes begin to look at you "that way" after a while, which just fucks things up.

As far as me getting along with guys, there are a few I get along with that I currently know, but not a whole lot. I've been told I am mature for my age (20) which is probably why I can't get into hanging out with 19-20 year olds that party and drink all the time, I'm just not into that shit, or fucking every girl that walks by. And I actually just met a guy I really get along with that there is no unsaid competition or hostility with, who happens to be 44 years old. Which leads me to belive I just need any friends of mine that are guys to be like 30 or over. The same goes for girls, I've been with my g/f for over 3 years, and she's a year older than I am.

Adam
PJK Posted - 10/31/2002 : 2:40:24 PM
That's cool....just really glad to hear you are happy!!!!
Erich Posted - 10/31/2002 : 1:05:58 PM
i have to say it so that people dont think im stepping into the same pothole...

Im not dating her! wohoo!!!!!

no internet girlfriends. none. i promised myself that and no mtater who comes along i'll accept it, but wont put myself in a possition to screw up my emotional health the same way i did last time.
Evergreen Posted - 10/31/2002 : 10:39:23 AM
I wouldn't call you stupid Erich. Speaking from experience, long distance especially online/internet SUCKS. You can't really know the person like you think when your getting to know each other typing or on the phone. Someone already said it, but being in the same room with someone on several occasions and not just an occasional visit is the only way to get to know someone. It sounds like you already have something going with this person. Have fun with it and don't get to wrapped up until you can spend some time. I'll say like Pam, I don't think there are soulmates, one person for each of us. That's crap. There are always endless possiblites in life and each of us has choices to make that help determine our future and who is close to us.
A relationship doesn't just happen instantly, boom you're in love.It takes work and involvement similar to building a house yourself. The strength and durability of it is directly proportional to the effort and work put into it. People can tell you all kinds of things, but do they really mean it when they're saying it online? Be careful!! How you view people and the rest of your life could be changed and affected. You've probably heard all this before and I don't mean to be so negative. I used to be a person who had just heard it all before then I lived it and found out for myself. Hope it helps without you having to have a crappy experience to find out.
PJK Posted - 10/31/2002 : 07:14:18 AM
Sooooo, How's it going?????Didn't you ever learn the sure way to do something is to say "never"!!!!Hehehehe Seriously, hope it is going well! You are an awesome guy with so many interests that she's a fool if she doesn't pick up on that. Have a good day!
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 05:29:35 AM
Yeah Erich, I was gonna mention that, but it didn't seem like the TIMe or the place at that point, but now with a few days since the initial post, I thought you weren't going to get involved over the internet after your last run-in. I hope this one works our better than the last. Take Teri up on her offer if it will help in any way. She is wonderful that way, and just having her around makes you smile. Well at least it makes me smile(when she's not correcting my spelling, HEHE)having her around. But I have a LARGE bias.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 8:39:52 PM
"I don't know the scientific explanation, but fire made it good."
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/26/2002 : 11:41:29 AM
"It passed the first test...I didnt go blind."
FlamingjoeMoe.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 03:10:21 AM
Yep, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make that one. I might try to make Asheville, Charleston and then Atlanta. Don't know for sure, however. But Atlanta is a definate go. Well, 'go' in the sense that I'm 'go'ing to try to make it.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 10:26:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

quote:
When I met Silky, however, I was pretty new on the board and new to TIM for that matter, so I didn't know what to say and we didn't talk much. But I'm not sure I would call that awkward.

We were so young... so naive. You going to make it to the Atlanta show again this year?

....but you dillywhapped him into shape fast, right?
Erich with an h Posted - 10/25/2002 : 10:23:00 PM
well, lets see... My last girlfriend and I met online, and we dated two years. Ive also met friends that ive kept that i had met online too. So online doesnt bug me much... But i had promised myself after Jessica no more crushes on girls on the net, so guess what happens a scant 5 months later.

*sigh*. I feel like a teenaged girl.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/25/2002 : 10:19:22 PM
quote:
When I met Silky, however, I was pretty new on the board and new to TIM for that matter, so I didn't know what to say and we didn't talk much. But I'm not sure I would call that awkward.

We were so young... so naive. You going to make it to the Atlanta show again this year?
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 7:33:39 PM
Damn! You noticed that?! I thought I was playing hard to get.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/25/2002 : 6:11:46 PM
quote:
Yes, but none of us were in a "relationship."

Speak for yourself, I saw the way Patrick was looking at me!
tericee Posted - 10/25/2002 : 6:02:17 PM
Oh wait. Am I being negative? I can delete that post.
tericee Posted - 10/25/2002 : 6:01:03 PM
Yes, but none of us were in a "relationship." I think that makes a difference on the "awkward meter."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/25/2002 : 5:48:33 PM
Yep, Teri's the best, she was sure helpful when I was in LA...

...and it's not always awkward meeting people from the internet. Like patrick said, it was cool with all of us (in LA), we just picked up like we had actually left off somewhere other than the internet.

tericee Posted - 10/25/2002 : 5:39:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich with an h

thanks, i understand that completely... thats why im not in love . But im actualy saving to take a trip to CA soon...

If she's anywhere near LA, let Patrick, Kevin, and me know if we can be of any service during your trip. I'd be willing to pick you up at the airport and drive you anywhere in the Greater LA metro area.

If she's in NoCal, you're on your own.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/25/2002 : 4:59:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by chatterballs

Having met a person I originally met on the internet, it is a whole different situation, and can be very awkward.

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya there......when I met Liz K, enthuTIMsiast, KevinLesko, and Fluffy.....it was almost as if we had been friends for some TIMe. Like we've hung out together (and not just on the internet). Of course, if you're talking about someone with whom you had one 20 minute conversation, then that's completely different. The only awkardness is matching the person with the face.
PJK Posted - 10/25/2002 : 4:12:03 PM
Erich, I usually don't like to give advice and when I do it's always in a take it or leave it form. So here goes, first, when I was in college friends of mine wanted to hook me up with a friend of theirs who lived in California. (They thought we'd be perfect together.) Anyway, I was in college on the main line of Phila. and he was out near LA.

We started writing to each other, then taped conversations, as this was all pre-computer/internet days. He ended up coming east....a lot, and we became a "couple". Our relationship ended, not because of the distance but because of our philosophies on life and his constant over-analysing of our relationship. (He was studying to be a psychologist, which he later became.)

The point is, don't waste your time analysing the possibilities of a doomed relationship when it hasn't even gone there yet. ENJOY what you have with her, if you get to meet her face to face, which is what I assume you're planning, great! NO relationship is guaranteed, believe me on this one. I've been married longer than you've been alive and I don't know if it's going to last. Things change and people change, that is a given. Relationships are hard and take work to build. Don't ruin what you have by thinking too much ahead.

I am not sure if I believe in soulmates or that there is just one other person out there for each of us. I think there are many possibilities and life choices determins who we meet. I am not sure if I believe in fate, and I don't believe things always work out for the best, but I think since they are impossible questions to ever know the answer to, it's better to just go with the flow (which in your case is the flow of emotions of "friendship" etc.).

Something tells me this relationship is going to grow......relax, it's going to be fine.
Erich with an h Posted - 10/25/2002 : 2:41:04 PM
thanks, i understand that completely... thats why im not in love . But im actualy saving to take a trip to CA soon...
chatterballs Posted - 10/25/2002 : 1:00:08 PM
I won't give you crap about never seeing her face to face. I just think that you can't really know a person until you meet them face to face, and see the way they move, the way they gesture, the way they act around people. It's like saying you're in love with a celebrity when you've never met them off the hollywood screen. Having met a person I originally met on the internet, it is a whole different situation, and can be very awkward.

Best of luck.
Erich with an h Posted - 10/25/2002 : 10:46:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

OK, You're STUPID!!!

j/k

oh , hehe

yeah, sorry for the drama. It was latenight and i felt pretty crumby. Still have that stomachache and its not helping, and my lack of apitite signifies im starting a minor temperary depression. It happens to everyone and it sucks, but a woman once told me, "Emotions are like rain. the rain comes and goes and you cant do anything to stop it, but its youre reaction to it that makes all the difference". Its just my realization that what im going through is totaly normal and it'll pass thats making it that much easier on me, but it still sucks.

as ofr the chickflick thing... yeah. Heck, i dont really even like guys at all, even as friends. I do, but theyre few and far between. Ive also noticed all the guys i hang out with, which is 3, have a very strong connection to their affeninate side, like me. Thats why i only talk to women, or at least for the most part.

And what im probably going to get the most crap from... no, i havent met her face to face, since she is in california and im pretty much broke. i would rather not hear anything about it though, only because i feel like not explaining it.
Fluffy Posted - 10/25/2002 : 05:08:19 AM
OK, You're STUPID!!!

j/k
KevinLesko Posted - 10/25/2002 : 02:41:54 AM
quote:
And for the past few days my insides have been physicaly affected by the idea that shes going to be with someone soon. Shes not mine, i cant say anything about it, and there wouldnt be a chance for a long time for many reasons... but it still makes my stomach reel like its going to turn inside out and spill its contents everywhere. I feel horrific, lonely, and sick, and I know why, but... but this is based on my gut feeling. Its impossible to explain correctly,

You aren't all that crazy... love is a fucked up thing bro. If its any consolation, it isnt impossible to explain correctly like you said... because I know exactly how you feel. Its been a real shitty month for me too so everything you say makes total sense and Im sorry to say I can't offer much advice as I've yet to find a cure for the ol broken heart/ sick stomach myself.
chatterballs Posted - 10/25/2002 : 02:34:03 AM
Have you met her face to face?
Baboonboy Posted - 10/25/2002 : 02:19:54 AM
Your life would make a great chick flick.... Go get her! :)

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000