Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 TIM & Buckethead..the Tantra Twins?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Micheal Posted - 10/01/2001 : 3:53:59 PM
I'm posting this here to hopefully turn some of TIM's lovers onto BUCKETHEAD. Any folks heard of Buckethead? IMO, Buckethead could very well be TIM's severed siamese twin in a parallel universe, kinda like in the "Bizzarro Jerry World" Seinfeld episode. Both artists' work even share TIM's description as "masturbation". I experience their work as a dogma free religious experience, maybe TANTRIC Mastubation. If that's possible, may their genius rub off on me!!!! Praise Jah!
PEACE, COUGH, and GAG
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 10/17/2001 : 12:19:28 AM
sounds cool, I'll be sure to check it out

Fluffy Posted - 10/16/2001 : 11:58:58 PM
More on Buckethead! Ironically enuf, On the trip back to Santa Fe we were listening to a band called Banyan. It is a project by Stephen Perkins(Drummer from Janes Addiction) with Flea and John Frusciante from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Wasserman, Mike Watt of the Minutemen, and alot of other very kewl musicians including Buckethead. I would highly recommend checking this CD out if you are into the Avante Garde Coltrane stuff or Miles Davis AG stuff. It has moments of really freeform jazz and then moments like the Chemical Bros. or something. It is really awesome.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Isaac Posted - 10/02/2001 : 09:24:13 AM
GNR's last tour (in europe) was cancled due to some serious sounding illness with Buckethead. I think i read that he was hemmorahaging internally! Anywya haven't heard anything about it since.

I agree the Yngwie is a talented guitarist, but thats cock rock shredding at its worst. Everytime i hear an Yngwie song at first i'm like "DAMN!" but after a few minuets of wankery it gets boring and it makes me wanna go throw in something melodic.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
ccrobinson Posted - 10/02/2001 : 03:19:13 AM
Buckethead is now in Guns And Roses...recording an album with them, and touring...sort of...

KevinLesko Posted - 10/01/2001 : 9:39:49 PM
I remember he did a little grooving, during the song with the drum beat looping. But I think what you are talking about is when he switched over to the 12-string, he strumed it and..... nothing. Then he looked down and realized it wasnt plugged in. He said "oops", then tried to reverse time to make up for his mistake, so he walked and talked backwards amd started over. That was friggin halarious.

Fluffy Posted - 10/01/2001 : 9:05:56 PM
Yes you are but I don't remember that song. I do remember the incident. Kevin probably knows. Once I post the setlist you may be able to figure it out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 10/01/2001 : 8:28:41 PM
I guess "SISTER" really is sending out the vibes!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 10/01/2001 : 8:27:56 PM
Tim was just looking for Yngwie Malmsteen CDs in a music store a couple of days ago. Weird Huh. Synchronicity of life. It happens alot working with Tim. You guys are typing stuff on the message board about bands we are talking about in the van while on tour. It must all be part of Tim's alien group mind!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Erich with an h Posted - 10/01/2001 : 4:35:32 PM
ive seen buckethead play with primus, hes.... odd , but hes really good.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
KevinLesko Posted - 10/01/2001 : 4:26:25 PM
this is the 1st i have ever heard of buckethead, I'll be sure to check out some songs today, thanks.

PS, no matter what you are refering to, masturbation rules!!

Isaac Posted - 10/01/2001 : 4:12:34 PM
Oh by the way, using the word Masturbate to describe shredding is pretty widely used, if ya don't beleive me check out the allmusic guide entry for Yngwie Malmsteen (www.allmusic.com) hehe

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Isaac Posted - 10/01/2001 : 4:11:00 PM
I'm a buckethead fan. I absolutly love Colma thats just a beautiful album, great mood music. The rest of his heavier shred stuff is fun to listen to sometimes but i can only take so much of it.

I saw Buckethead open for Incubus and Primus way back when. He puts on a helluva show, he all does the robot while he plays and then he'd set down the guitar and tear shit up with a set of nunchuckus and then go back to shreading.

But yeah if any of you guys haven't heard any of his stuff I'd reccomment Colma for a starting point, its a mellows spacey absolutly beautiful album through and through.

Isaac

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000