Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Ahh Patrick would be proud...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/05/2002 : 9:32:46 PM
I am starting to outline what's looking to become a fairly tough paper on realism and idealism as a quasi-false dichotomy in field of epistemology, and one of the topics that I'm going to cover is the way that determinism can be thought of as a contribution to realism.

In the outline I'm writing for the paper, under determinism I put: "everything is the result of antecedent states of affairs."

But to help me to remember it in less abstract terms I put:
"--think-- Homer accidentally builds a time machine out of a toaster and travels back in time... steps on an insect... and the future is forever changed. What are doughnuts?" :)

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 10:27:20 PM
Juh?
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 10/26/2002 : 7:33:31 PM
quote:
Ahhhhhhhhh
mind was in the gutter there for a while. lol
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/20/2002 : 1:21:26 PM
quote:
That... was.......... aweful...

Thank you.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/20/2002 : 1:06:58 PM
haha, that remind me of my STUDY ABROAD joke. If a girl ever asks you if you are interested in studying abroad, just start looking her up an down and see how long it takes her to get it.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/20/2002 : 1:03:18 PM
That... was.......... aweful...
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/20/2002 : 02:17:30 AM
quote:
take a broad survey course.

I tried to take that, but I got slapped so many times...
pcbTIM Posted - 10/06/2002 : 3:46:02 PM
I'll look into that. Thanks.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/06/2002 : 3:24:01 PM
If you have an interest in taking one, just try and take a broad survey course. Every university has one, and they're all the same. It just goes over a little bit of everything. If you are just taking one class for the hell of it, that's definitely the way to go. It's one of the only classes I've ever actually ENJOYED... and is by far my favorite class I've taken here. Just about every other psych course I've taken since then has just been a more in-depth look at the material we learned in the intro to psych course.

pcbTIM Posted - 10/06/2002 : 3:07:41 PM
The funny thing is.......I HATE physics with a passion! I really hate it! But I enjoy calculus. I've always found that strange.

Also, I've often wanted to take at least one psycology class. I've found it interesting since my best friend is working on his master's right now. However, as an engineer, pyscology doesn't seem to be important enough to make it a core class. Maybe I'll take it over the summer......hmmmmmmm

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/06/2002 : 11:16:31 AM
quote:
a little calculus III here.....some electromagnetism there........and a bunch of statics to top it all off.

Ahhhhhh! Kill it kill it! Math makes my stomach turn. More power to ya if you, by some freakish natural curse from god, actually manage to take those classes and ENJOY them to any degree! After all... SOMEBODY has to do all that there engineering... uhh, stuff. :)

pcbTIM Posted - 10/06/2002 : 06:17:32 AM
I hear ya! But I'm sure you'd rather be writing that paper than taking my classes........a little calculus III here.....some electromagnetism there........and a bunch of statics to top it all off. Good clean fun.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/06/2002 : 03:32:24 AM
quote:
Ahhhhhhhhh.......my pupil is learning! Hehe. But seriously, it sounds like this paper is basically about how history repeats itself (I could be wrong, as I have a tendency to miss the point on matters like this). I'd throw in something about how Hitler did the same thing as Napolean when dealing with the Russians.

Bah! I wish it were that easy. I'd take a simple history paper over this jargon any day. This stuff deals more with the different schools of thought of what reality is and how we relate to it, and how it relates to science. It's interesting, yet excruciatingly boring at the same time.

{=HTG=} Posted - 10/05/2002 : 10:59:31 PM
quote:
But to help me to remember it in less abstract terms I put:
"--think-- Homer accidentally builds a time machine out of a toaster and travels back in time... steps on an insect... and the future is forever changed. What are doughnuts?" :)

Man that has to be one of the funnest episodes I've seen. "I wish I wish I hadnt killed that fish" Lol, when he goes to sit and squashes that little fish. Or when he gets really upset, and starts killing everything with a bat, and he punches that big mosquito down out of the air, hahahaha.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
pcbTIM Posted - 10/05/2002 : 10:41:19 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.......my pupil is learning! Hehe. But seriously, it sounds like this paper is basically about how history repeats itself (I could be wrong, as I have a tendency to miss the point on matters like this). I'd throw in something about how Hitler did the same thing as Napolean when dealing with the Russians.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000