Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Glad this isn't my backyard...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tericee Posted - 09/25/2002 : 02:30:13 AM
My friend Mark took a photo of some forest fires he can see from his backyard. Wow.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tericee/vwp?.dir=/Friend%27s+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=night.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/tericee/lst%3f%26.dir=/Friend%2527s%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Hopefully this link will work. If not, somebody let me know who I can e-mail it to for posting.

teri

If anybody feels like sponsoring me for the Alzheimer's Memory Walk, click here:
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=3898&lis=1&supId=1274679
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 10/22/2002 : 10:43:54 PM

ACTION ALERT:
DEA Takes Public Comment
on Chemical Herbicides to Eradicate Cannabis
From the Colorado Hemp Initiative Project
and the Hawai’i Hemp Council
April 27, 1998

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not just a war on plants...
Deaths caused by pesticides every year = at least 5,000

Deaths caused by cannabis in over 10,000 years of constant use = ZERO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACTION ALERT
“Draft Supplement to the Environmental Impact Statements
for Cannabis Eradication
in the Contiguous United States and Hawaii" (DSEIS)
is available online at:
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/cannibis/pubmeet/fednoti.htm
(Note: the misspelling of cannabis is the DEA’s, not ours.)
Deadline for written comment: June 30, 1998
Public meetings: Denver, Honolulu, Boise, Atlanta, and D.C.

This plan is an update to the 1985 and 1986 Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) on cannabis eradication. In the Draft Supplement EIS (DSEIS), the DEA seeks to add triclopyr as an herbicide replacement for paraquat (which has been discovered to be toxic to humans since it was approved in 1985) and add amine formulations of 2,4-D to its list of approved chemical herbicides. The DEA will continue the use of glyphosate (Roundup).

The DEA also seeks to implement a new technology, called “aerial directed treatment of herbicides” from helicopters, which it claims to be safer than “broadcast aerial treatment”. The DEA would also like to allow the use of certain chemical dyes as markers in combination with aerial application.

Below are some links on the dangers of biocides (pesticides, herbicides, fungicides) to animal and plant life. See also Rachel Carson’s book, Silent Spring (1962). Biocides, on food crops alone, are estimated to cause 5,000 to 10,000 deaths per year from cancer. Cannabis has never killed anyone, in over 10,000 years of constant use world-wide. In fact, use of cannabis to replace cotton as a fiber crop would actually save lives, because cotton is such a chemically-intensive crop and cannabis requires NO BIOCIDES to grow as a fiber crop.

This is the public’s first opportunity to comment on the DEA’s biocide application plan in over 10 years. We hope you will use the opportunity and encourage others to do so. Please re-distribute and re-post this announcement, especially to any local or national environmental, pesticide action, or health advocacy groups you may know.

To subscribe to our mailing list for updates (if you aren’t already), send email to cohip@levellers.org with the word SUBSCRIBE in the title.

http://www.levellers.org/erad1act.htm
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/20/2002 : 01:30:39 AM
Um, to keep the pests off of it...?

No really, sometimes the government finds a plot of marijuana and instead of cutting it down they spray it with pesticide. I am not sure why they do that.

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm not even exactly sure that's right. I'll have to check it out and get back to you. But I can tell you that it's only in Southern California that this is done. (Actually, we get this marijuana from two labs...I can't remember their names, but I'm almost positive they are both in southern cali.)

Anywho, I'll check it out and get back to you.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/19/2002 : 11:06:10 PM
I don't smoke weed, so I have to ask. Why is it coated with pesticide?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/19/2002 : 7:18:42 PM
quote:
But aside from the brushfires......and the mudslides......and the occassional earthquake......southern California isn't that bad

And the pesticide coated marijuana...

quote:
stuck in Malibu a few years ago ... cutting the beach off from everything else

Hmm..stuck on a beach in Malibu... I can think of worse things.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/09/2002 : 05:08:23 AM
The fires don't usually go on for very long. I think they don't last much longer than a couple days, if that. I remember my step-dad was stuck in Malibu a few years ago because he was on a job site and one of the infamous Malibu brushfires started, cutting the beach off from everything else. But aside from the brushfires......and the mudslides......and the occassional earthquake......southern California isn't that bad......seriously!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Fluffy Posted - 10/09/2002 : 03:18:55 AM
Until you see something like that in person, you just cannot grasp the magnitude from a photo, no matter how scary it appears in the photo. It was the same way with The Pentagon on 9/11. I kept watching it on the news and was in awe at the magnitude, then later that nite me and my roomies drove down to see it in person and BOOM(maybe a bad choice of words)unbelieveable!!! To see it in person really puts it into a perspective you cannot grasp from photos. Hey Teri, have the fires subsided at all? Is your friend out of danger?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
SourGirl Posted - 10/06/2002 : 03:59:36 AM
Oh my God!! That is way to close for comfort, althought the picture is amazing.

"Loneliness...is and always has been the center and inevitable experience of every man." -Thomas Wolfe
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 09/29/2002 : 7:44:45 PM
wow..tha's all i can say. wow

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
tericee Posted - 09/29/2002 : 1:05:58 PM
Thanks Fluff!

teri

I'm walking for Alzheimer's! Memory Walk sponsors click here:
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=3898&lis=1&supId=1274679
Fluffy Posted - 09/27/2002 : 04:48:06 AM
That is very much like what it looked like for TR when he wrote Los Alamos is Burning. You could see the fire and smoke and smell the stench. Remember, he almost missed the Burlington VT show because he wasn't willing to leave his family during such a trying TIMe. He ended up making it by the skin of his teeth, arriving moments before showTIMe. Rew and I were worried, for TR and his family. That area(NM, AZ, CO etc etc etc) has certainly seen their unfair share of fires. It can be quite a scary thing. I remember seeing the smoke and the glow at nite. Scary stuff. My prayers and well wishes go out to your friend.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 09/27/2002 : 04:01:43 AM
Hehe.......that BITCH!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/26/2002 : 5:53:12 PM
How dare mother earth defend herself.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 09/26/2002 : 5:43:20 PM
That is a cool pic. but scary

Erich with an h Posted - 09/26/2002 : 2:10:50 PM
yeah, its scarey as hell, but that picture is fucking AMAZING. reminds me of the story thats always told here bout Los Alamos Is Burning

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
pcbTIM Posted - 09/25/2002 : 9:52:53 PM
Oh yeah......Walnut.........I used to run at Mt. Sac for cross country invitationals.

LizT Posted - 09/25/2002 : 9:35:26 PM
Wow, I agree Teri. That is way too close for comfort. I can almost smell the fire burning....

tericee Posted - 09/25/2002 : 8:09:48 PM
They live in Walnut, which is east of I-605 between 60 and I-10. I *think* his backyard faces north.

teri

I'm walking for Alzheimer's! Memory Walk sponsors click here:
pcbTIM Posted - 09/25/2002 : 03:34:34 AM
Wow.........although that is scary, it still looks pretty kewl. I haven't really been following the fires this year.....where are they? Malibu again? Although, judging by that pic, I would have to say not.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000