Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Just my luck

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 09/17/2002 : 2:54:37 PM
Okay, the only weekday I have off in the next 2 months and I end up getting a summons to be there that day for Jury Duty. I know it is my duty, blah blah, blah, but why couldn't it have been for a day when I had to work so at least I'd get paid for it? I really shouldn't complain about it because it isn't that big a deal, but it is so typical of my luck.

Anyone else ever go for jury duty????

28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 10/23/2002 : 8:10:16 PM
or maybe I could have brought just one man and found a closet or..............anyway now that you mention it the day could have been a lot more fun!
pcbTIM Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:01:54 PM
Haha! Joke's on them. I don't vote!

Maybe you should have brought 12 Angry Men instead......you know, to get you in to mood. And then you should have acted like Juror 4 just to piss people off.
PJK Posted - 10/23/2002 : 5:34:27 PM
Can jury duty be any more boring?????There were 60 of us there today.I ended up spending the morning reading "Long Strange Trip" by Dennis McNally, it's a history of The Grateful Dead, which was interesting by I was getting "fact overload" by noon, so I just sat there until they let us go to lunch. They told us a jury would be selected after lunch for a criminal trial so I thought it would at least be somewhat interesting then. Wrong!!!! We sat for 3 more hours and they came in and told us there was a guilty plea so we were all dismissed!!!!Oh, we did get paid, a whole $17.84! Wow.....What a complete waste of time! By the way, they said the summon's were pulled from drivers licenses and voting registration lists. So much for civic duty.
pcbTIM Posted - 09/19/2002 : 2:53:56 PM
Well.....now you're gonna get some mail pretty soon because you jinxed it.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
SourGirl Posted - 09/19/2002 : 09:43:18 AM
I haven't ever been called for jury duty, thank God. But at least now I know how to scheme my way out of it.

"Loneliness...is and always has been the center and inevitable experience of every man." -Thomas Wolfe
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/18/2002 : 11:41:11 PM
Yeah, you wouldn't want to make the news or anything....as this racist scumbag.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
pcbTIM Posted - 09/18/2002 : 11:29:40 PM
I actually considered that........but who knows what the repercussions could be from something like that happening.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/18/2002 : 11:21:09 PM
I'll have to remember that if I ever get called, to just pretend like I am the biggest, homophobic racist that they've ever seen.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

pcbTIM Posted - 09/18/2002 : 7:07:42 PM
quote:

mmmmm, ice cream. now what were we talking about? oh yeah! the trick to getting out of jury duty is to say you're prejudice against ALL races.

Good ole Homer!

"Now Bart, you're not going to confuse me this TIMe! I'm gonna punish you and make it sti.......ICE CREAM TRUCK!!"

PJK Posted - 09/18/2002 : 6:14:57 PM
Thanks ph, I'll keep that in mind, hee hee.

Geez, icecream, cheese steaks, mac and cheese...sure is a lot of talk about food on these threads! I'd better go make dinner! Ummm icecream....haven't had any in ages, mental note, "stop at the creamery at Penn State when I pick up my son on Friday." Philly may have the best cheese steaks, but Penn State creamery has the besssssst icecream!!!!Ben and Jerry went there to learn how to make their famous icecream.....and they only got a "C"....go figure!

pants_happy Posted - 09/18/2002 : 4:46:53 PM
mmmmm, ice cream. now what were we talking about? oh yeah! the trick to getting out of jury duty is to say you're prejudice against ALL races.

to answer your question, i dont't think so. at least not in my case. i got a jury summons when i was 17. when i was 17, i tried a very good case. i tried a very good case, when i was 17... but of coarse i couldn't serve.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/18/2002 : 01:11:29 AM
Well......I've been called in for jury duty....and I don't think I filled out a vote registration form.......but then again, I had to fill out a ton of forms when I turned 18........so maybe I did.

PJK Posted - 09/17/2002 : 11:10:19 PM
Good question. I don't know. Years ago I think that was true but I don't think it is today. I would still encourage people to register to vote because I've been a registered voter for more years than I care to say and this is a first for me...so I guess I am over due.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/17/2002 : 10:18:50 PM
Is it true that you are registered to possibly be selected for jury duty when you register to vote? Or can you still be called even if you never register to vote?

Adam

pcbTIM Posted - 09/17/2002 : 8:27:45 PM
Well I would........but my ass doesn't like the homosexual gang rapes too much.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 09/17/2002 : 7:40:49 PM
quote:
it was a drag...
to jay AND liz. LAY OFF THE WEED!!!!!!!

quote:
those damn trans-atlantic boat trips are a bitch...
why didn't u just call me? i'd ferry u over dere to where u needed to go. arrr tis a sailors life for me. yo ho ho an' a bottle o' rum. ya har har

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
pcbTIM Posted - 09/17/2002 : 5:55:51 PM
Yeah.....those damn trans-Atlantic daily boat trips to class are a bitch.

KevinLesko Posted - 09/17/2002 : 5:22:34 PM
I was able to use school as an excuse, I just told them that I go to school 3 hours away from the court they expected me to appear in (since I still use my parents address as my permanent address) and that worked.

That should especially work for you since you live in ++cough cough++ The UK!

pcbTIM Posted - 09/17/2002 : 4:50:16 PM
You would know...........hehe

LizT Posted - 09/17/2002 : 4:39:48 PM
That does suck.....

pcbTIM Posted - 09/17/2002 : 4:33:24 PM
The thing that really pisses me off is that they say you can't use school as an excuse. So, if they send it to me at the very beginning of the semester, I'll have no choice but to skip a week of school.....if I get called.

LizT Posted - 09/17/2002 : 4:25:35 PM
I had jury duty but I was excused from the trial. I had too much medical knowledge. I still had to show up a few times, but always got out early. Work tried to get me out of it due to the nursing shortage, but that didn't float the last TIMe. Some of those days were my days off and all I got was 20 bucks from the state. It was a drag, but I got it done.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/17/2002 : 4:22:48 PM
quote:

Thats pretty clever...

Yeah....but the problem with that is that I might have had to do jury duty on Christmas. That would suck even more.

PJK Posted - 09/17/2002 : 4:08:19 PM
Patrick, you and Kevin were lucky, I just couldn't come up with an excuse. Guess it is my lack of creativity, ha ha.

Kevin, it is so good to know I am not the only one with rotten luck!

KevinLesko Posted - 09/17/2002 : 3:54:29 PM
Pam, I know what you mean about the luck though, I've got the worst luck, crap like that happens to me all the time.

KevinLesko Posted - 09/17/2002 : 3:53:39 PM
same thing happened to me patrick, I got one at the beginning of college, and I postponed it since I was out of town for school, that was 2 full years ago and I havent heard a thing since.

{=HTG=} Posted - 09/17/2002 : 3:40:39 PM
Thats pretty clever...

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
pcbTIM Posted - 09/17/2002 : 3:34:53 PM
I got one right when I started college. It said that I can't postpone my date any later than three months. Luckily, It was October, so I cunningly set it for the week of Christmas......and they never needed me.......hehe.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000