Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Flecktones!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 08/24/2002 : 2:43:15 PM
What do you guys think of this band!?

I think they are one of the most talented groups out there. Bela Fleck is awesome on the banjo, and Vic Wooten, well, he's Vic. Good stuff. Live at the Quick is an awesome performance too!

I get to see them on September 26th Fourteen rows away.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 08/26/2002 : 02:23:19 AM
I know if I got lost in the woods I'd need an instrument to survive.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
pcbTIM Posted - 08/25/2002 : 9:35:41 PM
WOW! I wish I played the bass so I could go!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/25/2002 : 8:06:13 PM
yeah this year will be the 3d or 4th year of the bass and nature camp. it teaches you a lot about music and survival skills. kind of a weird combonation but still it's pretty cool. plus some vic's "friends" show up to jam (i.e. bela fleck, edger meyer, futureman, charles rainey, adam nitti, etc..)

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Arthen Posted - 08/25/2002 : 7:16:46 PM
HOLY SHIT! A VIC WOOTEN SUMMER CAMP! That would be awesome! Why can't Bela have one for the banjo?

I wonder what campfire songs they sing....

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
KevinLesko Posted - 08/25/2002 : 6:22:06 PM
The Flecktones definately rank in my top 10 all time favorite bands. I've never seen them live before but they are playing about 2 hours away in october, so I am definately planning on attending that show. I agree that their new dvd is just amazing. On top of that, have you ever looked at their tour page? I swear to god, they tour the whole world allyear long and never take a break!

dirtysloth Posted - 08/25/2002 : 6:15:04 PM
That would be awesome if you could do that. My friend's brother did that. He's actually the guy who introduced me to Victor Wooten's music too. He had a really great time.

victorwootenfan Posted - 08/25/2002 : 5:37:17 PM
i've seen the flecktones live, last march i think. anyone who has seen a live show must agree that it's a humbling experiance. it's a band of virtuosos, and they're so good. i'm gonna try to go to victow wooten's annual bass summer camp this year!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
dirtysloth Posted - 08/25/2002 : 10:34:23 AM
The Flecktones are incredible, no doubt about that. I was talking with my band director about them a couple years back. And I agree that people that good make you want to learn instruments, but looking at it from the perspective of someone who is already a musician, my director jokingly said, "Going to see them just makes you wanna throw in the towel, ya know?" They really are that good.

Arthen Posted - 08/24/2002 : 8:02:18 PM
I have said that What Tim is to the Guitar, Bela is to the Banjo, and Victor is to the Bass. Have you guys seen their video? Vic does some awesome stuff!

Speaking of Banjo, if I can get four hundred dollars, that's what I'm gonna get!

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Arthen Posted - 08/24/2002 : 8:02:17 PM
I have said that What Tim is to the Guitar, Bela is to the Banjo, and Victor is to the Bass. Have you guys seen their video? Vic does some awesome stuff!

Speaking of Banjo, if I can get four hundred dollars, that's what I'm gonna get!

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/24/2002 : 6:21:55 PM
well shit, Victor Lemonte Wooten is my idol of bass playing and music, as Tim is of guitar and music. i love the flecktones and of course wooten is the all around best bass player there is, period! bela is a cool mofo too!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
pcbTIM Posted - 08/24/2002 : 3:39:14 PM
Bela is my favorite! He is unbelievable. It's people like him that make he want to learn to play instruments. Listening to him make me want to play the banjo, Boyd Tinsley makes me want to learn to play the violin, and TIM Reynolds led me to learn to play the guitar.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000