Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 AHHHH, Back amongst FRIENDS!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 08/23/2002 : 5:47:17 PM
After clicking on many pertinent links in the TRelated section I spent much time sifting thru all of OUR post whoring and such. I think we need to make a conserted effort to keep that in this section where we know each other. Imagine you have never visited the board and you want to find out about TR and his musical influences or his Guitars or whatever and you have to sift thru a bunch of comments about blowjobs and other fun stuff WE talk about, you might be a little put off and may not return finding it to hard to get any real info. We want to spread the GOOD WORD on TR and I think we can best do that by leaving the TRelated section unscathed by our wonderous wit. I love you guys and all our comments, discussions and mindless post whoring but lets try to keep it in the Friends section for the sake of TR and building a stronger fan base. Does everyone understand? I am not trying to criticize or censor anyone, I just want to use the board as wisely as we can for everyone who might visit it. I posted the message below in the TRelated section and felt like it might have come off a little harsh and I didn't want any of my friends to be offended, so I thought I would type this to try and explain better. I hope everyone understands. Keep being yourselves, thats what makes this board great. We created this Friends section so we could cut loose and still have a place where the less-dedicated fans could come and find out info without having to weed thru OUR wild bullshit. Thanx for your understanding and support in this effort. It only serves to benefit TR in the long run and that is why I even bring it up. We all want to see TR get the recognition he deserves(So we can say, "I was there with TR at the beginning") and I think leaving the TRelated section to TR comments will help to spread the news about TR. We have unlimited space to vent and comment and talk about anything in the Friends section. Lets keep the post whoring to minimum in the TRelated section. That section is for the casual stopper-by and we are all more suited to this forum anyway. Feel free to add your comments there(TRelated forum) and even be funny as long as you are commenting on the topic at hand. I don't want to change anyones personality, I just want the board to be useful to as many people as possible. Thanx for understanding and thanx for being the BEST fans possible. Who could ask for more.

MY POST FROM TRelated FORUM:

For the Boards sake, we created a section for talk of spooging and all the other mindless banter that we all so dearly love. Can we please keep it in the Friends section. I can defend it much easier there. Please keep the TRelated section to topics on the subject that won't offend the casual stopper-by who wants to check on info about TR. I am just afraid that people who want info and don't want to become part of our twisted, but loving community might find some of the comments, photos and our constant postwhoring a bit of a turn-off. I know everyone wants to get there post counts up and would love to post everywhere but we set up the Friends section for all the chatter and need to keep remember that TRelated is more of a public forum. Thanx for the help in making the board more accessible to all and not just us. I really appreciate it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 08/26/2002 : 05:02:16 AM
You are definitely asking the wrong bunch of folks. Substance? We don't need no stinking substance!!!

Main Entry: sub·stance
Pronunciation: 's&b-st&n(t)s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin substantia, from substant-, substans, present participle of substare to stand under, from sub- + stare to stand —more at STAND
Date: 14th century
1 a : essential nature : ESSENCE b : a fundamental or characteristic part or quality c : Christian Science : GOD 1b
2 a : ultimate reality that underlies all outward manifestations and change b : practical importance : MEANING, USEFULNESS
3 a : physical material from which something is made or which has discrete existence b : matter of particular or definite chemical constitution c : something (as drugs or alcoholic beverages) deemed harmful and usually subject to legal restriction
4 : material possessions : PROPERTY
- sub·stance·less /-l&s/ adjective
- in substance : in respect to essentials : FUNDAMENTALLY

I think 2b is what we are talking about, but 3c seems more apropos:c : something (as drugs or alcoholic beverages) deemed harmful and usually subject to legal restriction

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Arthen Posted - 08/26/2002 : 02:22:06 AM
Wait what?

What's this "substance" thing I keep reading about?

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Fluffy Posted - 08/25/2002 : 10:23:47 PM
I am afraid in the Friends Forum we are Zestfully DIRTY! HEHE

Teri asked:
quote:
If all the inane stuff goes on here, does that mean that the Space Pod forum is where we all practice "substance" abuse?

I think it would mean we practice "lack of substance" abuse although we do abuse "substance" quite abit with most of our posts. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Arthen Posted - 08/24/2002 : 8:37:45 PM
It's a shame they don't share in the Zest.

You know, your not fully clean, til your Zest-fully clean.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Jay Posted - 08/24/2002 : 8:35:58 PM
quote:
TRelated should be a safe haven for the prudes who don't share our zest for life and just want to find out about TR.

THAT should be in your book...I just found that extremely funny, although maybe i shouldn't have.

So Fluffy, what time are you picking me up?

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
pcbTIM Posted - 08/24/2002 : 8:25:18 PM
I don't think so........

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
tericee Posted - 08/24/2002 : 7:51:10 PM
Are there any quotes in there from Homer Simpson?

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
pcbTIM Posted - 08/24/2002 : 7:23:59 PM
Here's a good one.....

"I was going to buy a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking, and then I thought: What the hell good would that do?" - Ronnie Shakes

pcbTIM Posted - 08/24/2002 : 7:15:27 PM
Well actually, they aren't numbered like that........it's just a bunch of quotes from famous people and placed into catagories. There are quotes ranging from Aristotle to George Burns.

tericee Posted - 08/24/2002 : 7:09:32 PM
Okay, sorry. You do have books.

What's the #1 best thing anybody ever said?

teri

pcbTIM Posted - 08/24/2002 : 6:55:51 PM
Actually, there are.......there's some phone books, The Official Catholic Directory (which looks like it's about 2000 pages long), some dictionaries, a thesaurus, and my favorite (by this I mean the only one I actually read occasionally) 1,911 Best Things Anybody Ever Said.

tericee Posted - 08/24/2002 : 6:23:28 PM
I've been to your "office" and I didn't see any book behind you...

teri

pcbTIM Posted - 08/24/2002 : 6:15:20 PM
Look at that! I looked something up! You know, these books behind me don't just make the office look better.......they're also filled with useful little tidbits just like that!

pants_happy Posted - 08/24/2002 : 6:04:14 PM
quote:

I love you guys and all our comments, discussions and mindless post whoring but lets try to keep it in the Friends section for the sake of TR and building a stronger fan base. Does everyone understand? I am not trying to criticize or censor anyone, I just want to use the board as wisely as we can for everyone who might visit it.

that's why you're the judge and i'm the law talkin' guy.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/24/2002 : 11:57:01 AM
quote:

you have to sift thru a bunch of comments about blowjobs and other fun stuff WE talk about

Hmmm.....don't remember the BJ post.....I need to check this board more often obviously!!

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
pcbTIM Posted - 08/23/2002 : 11:16:21 PM
Good.

Arthen Posted - 08/23/2002 : 10:53:08 PM
I've been here, I just haven't had time to go in depth into the board recently, I've been reading posts, not posting myself.

I was so heartbroken I didn't get to see Tim on the Spring Tour, I saw him last fall on the Nomadic Wavelength tour!

How is everybody?

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
tericee Posted - 08/23/2002 : 10:06:49 PM
INANE

Cool word.

http://www.bartleby.com/61/wavs/32/I0073200.wav

SYLLABICATION: in·ane
ADJECTIVE: Inflected forms: in·an·er, in·an·est
One that lacks sense or substance

If all the inane stuff goes on here, does that mean that the Space Pod forum is where we all practice "substance" abuse?

teri

pcbTIM Posted - 08/23/2002 : 9:58:55 PM
I also understand that a lot of people won't know what's going on in a lot of posts since we are known to "mix" our threads. Might as well keep the mixing in one bowl.

Fluffy Posted - 08/23/2002 : 9:41:31 PM
No need to apologize!! It's all good. I just want to keep or friendly, fun, inane banter amongst ourselves. I don't want to subject the rest of the world to it, just our little community. If they come into Friends, they deserve what they get. TRelated should be a safe haven for the prudes who don't share our zest for life and just want to find out about TR.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jay Posted - 08/23/2002 : 9:21:28 PM
Good word Fluff. Sorry for my excessive postwhoring....

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Fluffy Posted - 08/23/2002 : 9:03:01 PM
Welcome Back Arthen!! Good to see you back on the boards!! It has been a while. Missed ya!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 08/23/2002 : 8:39:13 PM
Arthen how ya doing man? Glad to see you around again. Liz

Arthen Posted - 08/23/2002 : 8:35:27 PM
That's a very reasonable request! I know I would be freaked out if I hadn't been lurking around these boards for the past year or so.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
LizT Posted - 08/23/2002 : 8:35:21 PM
Hey Teri!!! Hope all is well and happy for you. I can't agree with your bro more. Keeping our happy little family in this section is our special meeting place. Tim needs his section for easy to find info and questions just related to him, this is his website! LOL!
Plus it makes it easier for this old mind to find things.

I'm getting very excited about the tour. Looking forward to meeting new TR fans and see some of the old ones too!

Hey Jon I must catch up with you at a show buddy!!!

tericee Posted - 08/23/2002 : 6:15:46 PM
Well said, Brother. :)

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000