Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Just Killed My Burner.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
My_Bad_Side Posted - 08/10/2002 : 01:10:24 AM
I'm afraid so. Actually, it would be my whole cdrom drive, not just the burner. I was ripping a cd, and I got a "whole system overflow" or some crap, so I shut that program down, and now no lights or anything come on from the cd drive...can't get the drawer to open or anything... this could be serious...

SOoooo...how much do burners cost these days?

t-rippa...can you fix my computer? heheh..

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 08/22/2002 : 01:26:55 AM
Turns out that the burner is ok. I think it just got mad at me and decided not to open, which is ok with me, as long as that happens rarely. So we're cool now.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot.
usefulidiot76 Posted - 08/18/2002 : 10:37:32 PM
i would open and close the one's in my computer class to piss the teacher off. she would get mad b/c it would make alot of noise.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 08/18/2002 : 9:43:27 PM
what did he say. lego men...sounds like somthin' i'd do. i usuallu hold open the door on mine and screw around with it.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Jay Posted - 08/18/2002 : 9:18:46 PM
That's a good one...I used to play with mine, like putting lego guys on it and then closing it, etc...until one day it was stuck...now, explaining to my day that I put two cds on the tray and closed it, and now it didn't open anymore was tough.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 08/18/2002 : 7:43:48 PM
lmao, thats funny stuff

pcbTIM Posted - 08/15/2002 : 01:25:22 AM
Wow........that just goes to show you how stupid some people can be.....cup holder?! My God!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 08/14/2002 : 4:14:01 PM
ha ha that was a good one. i got my cr drive stuck one and i just pryed ti open and now it werks fine

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Saint Jude Posted - 08/14/2002 : 12:08:24 PM
i had a friend who worked in a comp store, like circut city or sumthin.... but this chick came in and asked for a new cup holder for her computer.... to which he stared blankly at her...... "u know the thing in the front that u push the button and the cup holder comes out"..... if i was him i would have started laughing at he so hard...

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
pcbTIM Posted - 08/14/2002 : 03:49:58 AM
Wow!!! That was close!!! A few days earlier, and I would have been able to get those TR shows!! Thank God!!!.......oh.....and I'm glad the floppy drive works again....or whatever it was....

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Jay Posted - 08/10/2002 : 7:31:18 PM
But that's good that you got it werkin' again! I know i've destroyed a computor monitor when Mine didn't work, wow...that wsa horrible.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Jay Posted - 08/10/2002 : 7:30:29 PM
Five points for THAT! EVERYONE knows where THAT'S from!

Jay
Jay Posted - 08/10/2002 : 7:29:47 PM
This is extrodinarily bad, Ray.

Jay
My_Bad_Side Posted - 08/10/2002 : 5:16:17 PM
Ok, I've burned a few things, and copied a few more, and the burner is working just fine. So that is extraordinarily good.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 08/10/2002 : 2:10:33 PM
Well, the drive itself seems to be working still. I haven't tried to burn anything yet...all it took was a restart...sometimes that does wonders for a computer..

So maybe I'm alright after all. Let's hope.

LizT Posted - 08/10/2002 : 10:04:49 AM
I'm sure you can find one that's very reasonable. I installed my own and it actually worked!!! You will find lots of dust in there!! LOL!

Jay Posted - 08/10/2002 : 01:43:27 AM
wow! I was lucky! YOu could find one for about $120...my first one was a 2x and was around $100...so they aren't too much.

Jay

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000