Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Kev has returned (with a slight tan)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 07/19/2002 : 02:40:08 AM
Hey everyone! My absence from the board can be explained by the fact that I've been in Hawaii. YAY!

that's me at Pali park for evidence. It was one of my favorite places there. It was soooo windy in one spot that you could run and jump and actually get blown back. Apparently there was even a man who tried to commit suicide by jumping off the lookout point and he couldn't because he would get blown back. I had an absolutely wonderful time. My girlfriend is from Hawaii (Honolulu to be more precise) and she is there again for the summer while school is out, so since I've never been there and I always wanted to go, in addition to the fact that I missed her dearly, I killed two birds (not kittens) with one stone.

Unfortunately my trip started out with my usual bad luck... but when I got to LAX, I found out that the supposedly on time flight was still in Hawaii and that there was a 5 hour delay. GRRRR!!! Why couldn't I have been delayed coming back so I could stay there longer??? Well anyways I headed to the duty-free shop and was looking for a book to read and I found Noam Chompsky's book on 911 (I'll save my comments on that for another long post, lets just say it was a very enlightening read).

Well eventualy I made it to Hawaii and immediately got lei'ed!! hehe, with flowers you sickos. The first few days Asha had to work the mornings so she gave me her car to cruise around and sight see. I hiked to the top of Diamondhead, went to the blowhole, checked out the coastline, went to sandy beach, hanama bay, all the touristy things. At night we would go to Waikiki for dinner and movies and whatnot. On the night of our anniversary, she took me to the Top Of Waikiki restaurant, is was a rotating restaurant on top of one of the high rise hotels. To say that the view was amazing would mean that I've been promoted to Captain Obvious. Hell, everything there was beautiful. I took about 300 pictures.

I also got taken to my first luau and had the pig roasted in the sand.. good stuff. I even stuck my peepee in my poopoo (i think that's Hawaiian for dipping chicken in a sauce) Seeing fire dancers up close is really cool too. I got to see 3 of them at separate shows.

Going to Pearl Harbor was another treat. It was actually very spooky to see. I had never seen it before and I didn't realize that the USS Arizona was still right there barely underneath the water with all the bodies inside. You can actually see the whole boat, and parts are even sticking out above the water level. It was quite eerie. You can even see oil still leaking up and discoloring the water. (I got pictures of all of this)All in all it felt very weird to be standing there above it.

At that Pali park we ended up going hiking through the rainforest it was probably the best time I had there (i never would have done that if my Asha hadn't assured me that there were no snakes or poison ivy in Hi. It was so lovely, at the top of the hike was a waterfall.

Gosh, lets see, there was soo much we did... I can't even think of it all. On the 4th we saw fireworks at the air force base.. went to the zoo, went to the Polynesian cultural center(where I learned how to throw a spear)... oooh, I know, I had one of the best hamburgers of my life at this little shack called teds bigger burgers. This place has developed such a great reputation that there is always a line out the door. I also had some of the greatest Shrimp of my life there at a place called Tanaka of Tokyo. It was one of those places where the chefs get all crazy and cook the food right in front of you while tossing the knifes around and all of that. I still can't get over how great that shrimp was.

Here is the link to most of the pictures I took if anyone is interested. Most of these are nature type pictures, because I took more people pics with actual film so my mom could have copies. Feel free to check em out, I think there are a few beautiful ones of waves crashing on the coral, the sunsets, and of fireworks. Fluffy, have you ever photographed fireworks? LOADS O' FUN!

Oops, I'm having a bit of trouble I'll reply with the link later on tonight.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 08/01/2002 : 03:40:03 AM
thanks for the compliments on the pictures gals and guys, I had an absolute blast doing it, and I'm glad to share them.

LizT Posted - 07/19/2002 : 11:15:08 PM
Hey Kev, great to see you back! Thanks for the pics, they are beautiful! I'm jealous, what a vacation. And to get layed too!! LOL!

KevinLesko Posted - 07/19/2002 : 5:41:42 PM
nononono... that is the international marketplace... the anal marketplace didnt allow photography

dirtysloth Posted - 07/19/2002 : 5:24:53 PM
Wow, now that's some nice scenery. I really liked the pics of the fireworks too.

Saint Jude Posted - 07/19/2002 : 4:45:25 PM

please tell me that doesnt say anal market place

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Saint Jude Posted - 07/19/2002 : 09:53:06 AM
i saw peral harbor when i went w/ my rents. i thought it rather odd that more then half the audience attending the place was of asian decent.... Isint it ironic..... dont ya think.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Fleabass76 Posted - 07/19/2002 : 03:32:39 AM
those pictures look awesome, makes me want to goto hawaii...

"Get up an move... or I'll put a curse on you... that all your children will be born naked." – Hendrix
KevinLesko Posted - 07/19/2002 : 03:07:50 AM
OK, that was my work for the day getting those pics online and all that, So I'm calling it a night, but I'll be sure to get caught up on all the posts I missed over the weekend, I think I have another day off on sunday. Ohh and I see the old tour pictures are up, I'll have to check those out tonight first before I go to sleep. Talk to ya guys soon!

KevinLesko Posted - 07/19/2002 : 03:03:35 AM
Oh yeah, I just remembered something else I thought was pretty funny. The hawaiins are huge on SPAM, no not the emails claiming to enlarge your penis size, I mean the meat product. Dont believe me?

The McDonalds over there actually serve it! They can't believe that us "mainlanders" actually make fun of the stuff! Well OK I admit I actually tried it in the form of a sushi type think, it was a rice patty toped witha a slab of spam and wrapped in seaweed. It wasnt even half bad. IMAGINE THAT!

KevinLesko Posted - 07/19/2002 : 02:58:46 AM
My Pictures from Hawaii

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000