Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Have you read.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evergreen Posted - 07/06/2002 : 09:22:32 AM
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
Highly recommended if you haven't. It's classified as fiction
but it's soooo not. I'd love to hear opinions on it if you have read it.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/21/2002 : 4:15:04 PM
quote:

While waiting for your computer to get fixed, I'll read The Story of B, then we can chat about both. Awesome. Let me know when your up and running. My screen name is sacredkanga3

my name is victorwootenfan same name indeed. i hope to get my computer back this week, and talk to you about the story of B, it's very very good!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
pcbTIM Posted - 07/13/2002 : 9:02:05 PM
quote:

I don't think a film has been done on the book. I don't watch many movies unless they are really off the wall or foreign so I'm not sure. Hollywood would only ruin it by having to somehow include the bronze, buff on steroids super hero saving the big fake breasted and bleached blonde damsel in distress like every other movie that comes from America or hollywood. CRAP!
Read the book instead.

I love that movie!!!!! Especially when the they run out of the building just in TIMe before it explodes...and the babe's bikini is ripped while she stands in the snow.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Evergreen Posted - 07/12/2002 : 08:05:30 AM
While waiting for your computer to get fixed, I'll read The Story of B, then we can chat about both. Awesome. Let me know when your up and running. My screen name is sacredkanga3

victorwootenfan Posted - 07/11/2002 : 8:13:45 PM
i shall def. take you up on that offer. unfortunately my computer hasn't been fixed yet, but once i get it back we'll talk about it. story of B is really good, cause it looks at it from the church's angle, and has some cool fictional elements to it, adding in the philosophy of daniel quinn. it's very unique indeed, someone in the book confirms that they are the anti-christ, and proud of it.

mgodinez Posted - 07/11/2002 : 3:57:26 PM
guitardude...assumin' you're askin' me...

"Don't Do this at Home" is an autobiography of sorts, about Dave Navarro. Basically, Dave dropped off the earth for about a year, and the book depicts what he did w/ his life durin' this time. I think the chapters are even labeled in months.

The blurbs I've read about it, seem to indicate Dave went off the deep end w/ his drug use. He's got this photo booth in his house, and everyone that visited him that year, got their picture taken. These pics are also in the book. But yeah, it's basically about how Dave indulged in the drug side of the "Rock Star" lifestyle.

Like, there was this one chapter where Dave finds himself in NYC. And he's about to meet w/ some record execs. or something, but he needs to get a hit first. So he's runnin' around in this Cab in NYC, and hits the ghetto to score some smack. He meets up w/ this toothless transient, and he hands Dave a hit w/ a dirty needle. So Dave's priority at this point is to find a grocery store to buy some clorox to clean he needle out with. And so on...

I've always been interested is shit like that. I object to drug use in general...life is short and that shit takes up too much time. But there is an interest there, nevertheless. VH1's "Behind the Music" is like my favorite show.

mgodinez
sunny...

Seattle, Wa
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 07/10/2002 : 11:58:11 PM
What's the book about?

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
mgodinez Posted - 07/10/2002 : 7:13:29 PM
i hear ya 'bout 2day's cinema. for the most part, i would say today's 'popular' music is crap as well.

akira kirosawa is definitely my favorite. his influence is undoubtably world wide.

mgodinez
sunny...most of all get funked.

p-funk w/ bootsy collins on the espy's...2nite me thinks. don't miss out, they're bringin' tha funk...UNCUT!!!

Seattle, Wa
Evergreen Posted - 07/10/2002 : 3:00:35 PM
I don't think a film has been done on the book. I don't watch many movies unless they are really off the wall or foreign so I'm not sure. Hollywood would only ruin it by having to somehow include the bronze, buff on steroids super hero saving the big fake breasted and bleached blonde damsel in distress like every other movie that comes from America or hollywood. CRAP!
Read the book instead.

mgodinez Posted - 07/10/2002 : 1:12:17 PM
say, didn't they make that into a movie, starrin' Dustin Hoffman? Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I don't read as much as I should...haven't managed to kill my television yet (shouldn't have used the word kill...Carnivore is sure to pick that one up).

Been tryin' to located Dave Navarro's new book...don't try this at home. Anyone got this one yet. Last I checked they would not release it, because of content. Guess the first amendment took another hit.

mgodinez
sunny...

Seattle, Wa
Evergreen Posted - 07/10/2002 : 09:38:48 AM
I think it's one of the best books I've EVER read and I'm an avid reader I finished it in a day and a half. It was recommended by people for awhile but I just picked it up. I can't wait to read The Story of B and the others, I heard they were just as good, if thats possible. The concepts were just flooring and this book certainly should be classified as NON-FICTION. Now I'm seeing Taker mentality all around me even stronger than before and I want to just hand everyone I see the book and beg them to read it. VWF let me know if you want to do an IM session and discuss it more indepthly. I don't want to give too much away because I know everyone who hasn't read it here will be DYING to read it.

victorwootenfan Posted - 07/06/2002 : 3:20:54 PM
didn't i make this same topic some TIMe ago. i think evergreen you actually said you had it, or had read it. maybe it was enthutimsiast. personally i've now read ishmael, my ismael, providence, and the story of B. to me it's my "religious, anti-religious, whatever, type of book." it's something that you can really live by, learn a lot from it. it's a very very good book, and i think everyone should look at it!!! what do you think evergreen?

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/06/2002 : 09:36:08 AM
That's one of those books that I've had so many close calls with that it's strange. Friends are always talking about it and suggesting it and whatnot, but I have just never found it in my hands at reading time.

So no, I haven't read it, but I've heard of it and about it. Heard it was great.

-what-

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000