Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New unexpected addition to the family....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evergreen Posted - 07/03/2002 : 11:47:49 AM
So yesterday I get a call from a hotel owner wanting me to come over and do an indoor air evaluation in one of the guest rooms on the bottom floor of the hotel. The owner suspected he had a harmful mold growing called stachybotrus which is very dangerous to humans if inhaled. So I head over with all my monitoring equipement ready to take a sample for the lab to analyze. I stop at the front desk and they tell me the door to the room is open. I go in the room and greeting me at the door meowing to beat the band was the tiniest kitten I have ever seen away from its mommy. There's no one around except this little black kitten with little white markings. So I scoop her up took her out in the hallway to get her out of the room in case the mold was harmful (ended up not being the harmful form and kitty was not at risk). She's yapping and meowing and clinging to my chest. Her ribs were sticking so far out of her skin I knew she hadn't eaten in a while. She looks way to young to be away from mommy's milk right now too. So I take her to the hotel owner to find out her situation and he never saw her before. He told me he left the hotel room door open since yesterday in case I came when he wasn't around, and no one had occupied the room for 2 weeks since this problem started. The windows to the room were closed and the door closed but not locked. I asked him if it could belong to one of the present hotel guests but it was after check out and before check in and there literally were only 6 people there who had been there the night before. After he called all of those guests to find they knew nothing about the kitten, I went back down to the room to finish taking some samples while hotel guy watched the kitty. I was suddenly very afraid that there was something nasty in the room and maybe the kitten was in it long enough to have inhaled some. While down there I found a little yellow post-it note that said please take care of me.
So I bring the note to show the hotel owner and he pitches a complete fit! "oh my God I'm taking it right to the humane society, who the hell would leave a cat here, I DON'T like cats". And on and on you'd have sworn someone plowed into his brand new chevy truck by the way he was carrying on. I grabbed the kitten (it was all freaked cause he was yelling)and told him I'd take care of everything and I'd be in touch tomorrow to give him the results to the mold test and I ran out of there kitten in hand.

In January of this year I lost my dog to bone cancer he was 7 yrs. Last summer I lost my 15yr old dog to old age and cancer. My dogs were my immediate family. I swore I'd never get another pet because it was so painful to watch them get sick and suffer and aren't able to tell you whats wrong and how much they really hurt. But here's this kitten who needed to be rescued and boy did she need to eat. The vet said she wasn't going to make it many more days cause she didn't have food or water. So I'm keeping her because she rescued me as much as I rescued her. I called her Tangible all day yesterday, but I'm not sure what her name will be.

27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 07/30/2002 : 01:06:26 AM
It seems so apropos given the topic on this thread, I had to make a link to one of my favorite threads:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1265

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 07/13/2002 : 8:38:05 PM
quote:

man, reading this post had reminded me just how much i love cats, and miss them. it's too bad i'm severly alergic too them now. damn i wish i wasn't. i can be around a cat for about 10 minutes before i start sneezing and getting all congested and i can barely breath. i pisses me off, cats are so much fun. especcially skinny kitties.

I remember seeing something on the news a while back about genetically engineered cats that don't have the protein which causes allergic reactions......but that could have been all bullshit like everything else on the news nowadays.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Evergreen Posted - 07/10/2002 : 09:17:29 AM
My very expensive CRAPPY digital camera is acting up and being repaired so I don't have any that I can post yet. I have 35mm pics of her. She's doubled in size in a week and won't stay tiny and skinny for long so I've been snapping pictures left and right. She does such CUTE things I can bearly conduct my activities of daily living. This weekend I built a huge castle/playhouse/obstacle course thing all in one. It takes up half of my sunroom. I'll have to take a picture of that too cause its quite the feat of feline engineering. I'm not sure who has more fun with it, the kitty or me.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 07/09/2002 : 10:45:33 PM
Any pictures of the kitty evergreen?

Fluffy Posted - 07/07/2002 : 5:59:24 PM
Hey Reese, Both Tericee and my dad are allergic to cats but both have them. They make the best of it because they love cats so much. As for Evergreens comments on her skinny satan kittens behavior, that is pretty much par for the course for a kitten. The chewing is similar to teething. It soothes the kittens gums to chew. Kittens are way playful the same way dogs are, but kittens have those sharp claws and love to use them. They don't mean it in a bad way. I used to love to let my cats crawl up my arms and legs. I have many war wounds on my hands and forarms from my playing with kittens. Glad your kitty is so happy.Sounds like you are taking great care of her. As expected. Congrats again!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 07/07/2002 : 04:23:30 AM
Skinny....aahhhhh after my own heart! She will fatten up soon, with all the lovin' you are giving her Evergreen.

Reese Posted - 07/07/2002 : 02:54:13 AM
man, reading this post had reminded me just how much i love cats, and miss them. it's too bad i'm severly alergic too them now. damn i wish i wasn't. i can be around a cat for about 10 minutes before i start sneezing and getting all congested and i can barely breath. i pisses me off, cats are so much fun. especcially skinny kitties.

reese

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/06/2002 : 09:33:06 AM
quote:

Esp if you could see how lovable and SKINNY she is.

Ahhhahahha. SKINNY KITTY!!!

-what-
Evergreen Posted - 07/06/2002 : 09:05:15 AM
The kitten is doing great! Even with all the kitten killing going on around here! After she ate food for a day or 2 she started acting like a regular happy little cutie. It's been great having her around. I wouldn't say it was too bad that I acquired her the way I did. I'd say...Never say never! It ended up that she came along at the purrfect TIMe. Like you said I could never have the feelings of the jerk at the hotel. Esp if you could see how lovable and SKINNY she is.

I'm glad you mentioned that biting and death gripping your hand thing! EEK, I thought I had satan kitty on my hands for a while. She's really affectionate, likes to be on the back of my neck or sitting on me and purrrrrs a lot. But she gets in these moods about every 4 hours where she wants to chew on my hands or feet and death grip with all 4 paws. Toys and distractions don't work, she goes for skin. Purring all the while so I decided it was some kitten thing. I've only had dogs for the last 15 years and don't know alot about the habits of kittens.
I thought Tangible was a very cute name. It's all in how you say it. If you kinda sing it, it sounds cute. However, I named her Althea after my favorite Robert Hunter song, the lyrics of which have a very near and dear meaning to me that would take too long to explain and bore most of you.

LizT Posted - 07/06/2002 : 06:19:42 AM
Jason that's so sad about your dog. You never know, a little pup may find his or her way to you and it will be love at first sight! Pets are wonderful, they have unconditional love.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/06/2002 : 01:06:29 AM
Which part? They all seem so obviously true.

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 07/05/2002 : 9:34:12 PM
Yeah......you keep telling yourself that...

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/05/2002 : 9:15:59 PM
The dog was afraid of me from the beginning. I didn't even do anything to make her hate me.

I think it was because I'm so sexy.

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 07/04/2002 : 5:50:32 PM
Yes it does.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/04/2002 : 5:07:44 PM
I don't miss her, if that answers your question.

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 07/04/2002 : 4:55:26 PM
quote:

The bitch died giving birth.

Was that supposed to be resentment?

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/04/2002 : 4:47:49 PM
Pretty sure he got hit by a car on the road that was about 1/8 of a mile from my house.

Which reminds me. The ACE power man once ran over my sister's golden retriever. Didn't even stop. That bastard. The same sister had a Keeshond that hated me. The bitch died giving birth.

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 07/04/2002 : 4:42:41 PM
quote:

When I would be outside washing my car, I would be listening to music, and he would just sit there and watch me, and when Steve Miller came on, he would perk his ears a little. Maybe he liked classic rock, I don't know.

Sounds like he knew when it was.......MILLER TIME!!!!!!

But that is very sad......did the vet know what happened to him?

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/04/2002 : 4:33:46 PM
Patrick, that reminds me a little of a story I have.

I was going to school one morning that just happened to be my birthday, oddly enough, and I saw the cutest little dog on the side of the road. I was probably 13 or 14, so I was still into getting animals for our home. I talked my mom into getting the dog for me (by getting, of course, I mean, picking up). I'm not good with names for animals, so when my dad called him "sport" as dads will do, I said, there you go, that's his name. He was a small dog at the time, and upon further revelation, it is obvious that he must have been really young. Because full grown, he was about as big as a Saint Bernard, but not quite as thick. I had that dog for a long time and he was great. He didn't do anything special like run around trees, but he was great. He didn't like riding in my truck, and when I had to take him to the vet once, he tried to jump out. We had him chained in the back (and we thought the chain was so short he couldn't reach the edges...he could), and he jumped out. That's when the chain caught, and he was just hanging out of the truck. I think he surely must have just scarcely missed getting hit by my own tire, but he didn't. We stopped and he wasn't hurt, just probably a little embarassed... When I would be outside washing my car, I would be listening to music, and he would just sit there and watch me, and when Steve Miller came on, he would perk his ears a little. Maybe he liked classic rock, I don't know. He also had a penchant for roaming the neighborhood (and I think he was quite the ladies man...years later, even now, there are younger dogs who look about half like him...).

He came home one day, barely, and he was just all mangled. Not visibly, but it wasn't a question of whether or not he was. It was obvious. Messed up all on the inside. One of the saddest days of my life was when I took him to the vet in the back of the truck that is mine now, and had to have him put to sleep right there. Damnit, I'm almost crying right now. It was simply the most awful thing I can remember. We took him home and buried him next to Shorty and Lassie in our woods.

I don't think any dog will ever make me as happy as he did.

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 07/04/2002 : 4:17:33 PM
I hope you're not living near any men.....cuz that kiffen could drop dead at any TIMe! j/k.......this reminds me of when I was about ten. My sister and I were riding our bikes around the neighborhood and we turned into an alley. As we were about to turn the corner to head back home, we saw four of the smallest kittens ever. They couldn't have been more than a week or so old, and there was no sign of their mother anywhere. So I stod guard while my sister got my mom. Eventually, we tokk care of them and over the course of a few weeks, the two that we had both died (we gave the other two to our neighbors, which died as well).....And as far as I know, they are still buried in the backyard of my old house. I felt bad....but not a lot because we didn't have them for very long.

But this story is worse. We had a yellow lab named Buddy. He was the best dog ever. If you parked the car in front of the house and revved the engine, he would start barking at you while continuously running around the tree. He would keep running in circles until you drove off. He was a big large, but loved to play and swim. Well, my two sisters and I were going to visit my dad in Seattle (this was before he moved to San Francisco, obviously). We were gone for a week. And since we were gone, my mom and step-dad decided to go make the most of it and go to a hotel overnight. While they were there, they got a call from our neighbors who said that they saw our dog in the pool, floating. He had gotten caught in some tomato wiring and went swimming. He drowned. Some people came and took him away before my parents came back, because they didn't want to see it. When my mom called my dad, he told us the news and my sisters burst into tears. I just felt really sad.

But I am not looking forward to the day when I hear about my two cats who we've had for at least 13 years. And since I don't want to end on a negative note....I'll tell you about them: Slue Foot Sue and Pecos Bill.....or as we call them, Sue and Pecos. Sue is the kind of cat who loves attention and loves to sit in your lap. Pecos is a little different. One day, a few years after we got them, he came in the front door bleeding. We took him to the vet and he had to have his tail and back right leg amputated. But he's the best cat. He always makes me laugh when he runs because he looks like a rabbit. Oh yeah....we also have two black labs now and they're great too.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/04/2002 : 04:10:02 AM
I like kittens as long as they don't get overly playful and get bitey and clawey and all that. I hate that. But the same goes for puppies. I wish I had one or the other...my dad wants a dog...But not for $800...sorry.

Hope you have fun with the new kiffen, Evergreen.

-what-
LizT Posted - 07/03/2002 : 9:41:55 PM
Evergreen! It sounds like your new friend is meant to be with you. You were at the right place and at the right TIMe. I'm sure she will be very happy with you. My neighbors kitty comes over my house everyday. I forgot how playful kittens are. I get a good laugh when she chases my silly dog around the house! They are just playing of course!

Fluffy Posted - 07/03/2002 : 5:46:17 PM
Hey Xar, she was a cutie. I just lost my cat Tasha and she was 21. I don't know how people cannot understand that pets are like a family member. It is hard to lose one. As for your comment about the asshole at the motel, I totally agree. Domesticated animals are so dependant on us, how could you be so callous. They are like little babies, they need people to take care of them. They don't last so long fending for themselves. Some people just have no heart or sympathy.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Xar666 Posted - 07/03/2002 : 5:24:56 PM
Why was the owner freaking out? What a wackjob. I don't understand people who aren't sympathetic to animals. I hope you enjoy your new kitten.

I have had only one pet in my life. I was given a puppy for Christmas when I was 4. We had to put her to sleep last year because she had had multiple strokes and could not recognize us anymore. She was 20 years old. That's right, 20. I loved that dog. Her name was Miko.

What the hell is wrong with me…I better get to a morgue.

This is her when she was 1 year old:

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Fluffy Posted - 07/03/2002 : 5:13:49 PM
Wow, Jason, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I was already plotting out how to type it in my head as I scrolled down to the bottom reading the other posts and then I read yours and I said "HEY!! Thats what I was gonna say!!". Couldn't have said it better myself. I am glad you have a new addition to your family Evergreen, sounds like she just popped into your life especially for you. I am happy for you and hopefully she will bring you much joy and happiness. Let us know what you decide on a name. Tangible is nice but not very CUTE, if you know what I mean. You could call her Tangy, but that would be better if she was orange and not black. May I suggest Fluffy. Fluffy is a great name for a CAT.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
My_Bad_Side Posted - 07/03/2002 : 4:06:51 PM
quote:
it was so painful to watch them get sick and suffer and aren't able to tell you whats wrong and how much they really hurt.

Too bad Evergreen that the very reason you said you'd never get another animal was the very reason you got your new addition. But I'm glad the kitty is in able hands.

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
LizT Posted - 07/03/2002 : 1:08:44 PM
Life can be sweet!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000