Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 PERILOUS DC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 04:50:12 AM
So I go to work at the 9:30 club on Monday night and fall smack dab in the middle of a HAZMAT scare. Shortly before we opened, just as I was arriving a white pickup came speeding around the corner next to the club. As he turned 2 coolers fell off the back of the truck. One of our techs ran out and tried to flag the guy down but to no avail. He grabbed the 2 coolers and brought them up on the sidewalk. He and one of our doorman peeked inside to see if it was his lunch or what. NOPE, it was a bunch of vials full of a clear liquid. We called the police, within minutes there were 5 police cars and they had cordoned off the containers and everyone began to speculate as the HAZMAT team was called. There is a resevoir very close to our club. SUSPICIOUS. Now our staff who had opened the containers are getting very nervous along with those of us who had come in contact with them since opening the containers, me being one of them. Shortly there after the fire dept arrived and had us retrieve some ice from inside the club so we could pour ice over it. Noone knew whether this was a good idea or not but we proceeded. We brought them a trash bag full of ice and the firemen quickly argued about who was gonna do the deed. 2 eventually volunteered and opened the container and filled it with ice. They did not use all the ice in the bag but we told them they could keep it. HEHE Keep in mind these containers are about 6 to 10 feet from the front door of the club and we had just opened doors for the show. Eventually the head of the HAZMAT squad arrived and he recognized the containers and the printing on the containers as being from a water testing facility. He did not seem to freaked. He tested them and sure enuf they were just water samples. They are really taking that stuff seriously here in Washington and it was bizarre to be caught right in the middle of it. I joked that DC water samples might be more toxic to us than any virus a terrorist might have left. Everyone laughed and we were all safe. Alls well that ends well, or is it all swell that end swell. Whatever, thought I would share my exciting life as a resident of the District of Columbia. You never know what you are gonna have to deal with when you go to work at 9:30 Club.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 06/26/2002 : 5:10:38 PM
Lets compare our lives for a moment... yesterday my most exciting moment was going to check the mail, you had a toxic scare! Last week I was sitting on the couch, and you were getting struck by lighting, being chased by a tornado, and saving a man's life... SHEESH! Thats cool though, never a dull moment.

therippa Posted - 06/26/2002 : 1:06:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_1918000/1918968.stm

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
powdrdogdmb Posted - 06/26/2002 : 08:10:49 AM
I don't know, if you were in NYC and those were Hudson River samples, you probably should go immediately to the Emergency Room, but I know it can be pretty perilous livin' in D.C. Keep Your eyes open!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000