Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Wisdom from the (C)Rew, Old Man Gloom

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 06/24/2002 : 02:21:34 AM
Rew just attended a show the other night in Baltimore. It was The Melvins with ISIS opening. I think that I have mentioned ISIS before on the board. ISIS is a band Rew turned me onto one nite when he took me to a show. I had never heard of them and was so blown away. I describe them as the Gloom/Metal version of Pink Floyd, and boy are they HEAVY!! They even used a theremin at the performance I caught. I ended up buying all their CD's that they had available that night. Even bought some by a side project by one of the members(Aaron Turner) called "Old Man Gloom". Well at the show Rew saw, they had just re-released their first CD called "Meditations In B: A Soundwave Replication Discertation on Alien Simian Technology, 13 Chapters". He says it is just amazing and recommends everyone check it out. I can't wait to hear it myself. If you get a chance to see them live, I highly recommend the experience. It is a show where you go away with a serious low end rumble in your "guttyworks". If you want to check out the CD or more about ISIS or Old Man Gloom, go to:

http://www.tortugarecordings.com/releases/TR007.htm

Now for the really amazing part, Rew noticed that the CD was recorded in Santa Fe by Tim Stroh who TR has worked with for his last couple of CD releases. How amazing is that? Do I have to say it.....SYNCHRONICITY!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 9:59:22 PM
WOW!! Even more synchronistic. How kewl is that? You will definitely have to let me know what you think when you hear it. I saw it live before I heard the CD's and I was blown away. It is hard to imagine what I would have thought if I had heard the CD's first. With the benefit of the live show it made the CD's unbelieveable. Go see them live if you have the chance. You will not be let down.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 06/26/2002 : 5:33:17 PM
JESUS, the SYNCRHONICITY has really been off the charts lately.

I started downloading some songs of these guys to check it out, but my bandwidth is really slow at the moment, hopefully when I get back from work tonight I'll be able to listen to some. Thanks for the heads up too, I always love to discover new bands!

Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 04:13:54 AM
Anyone interested or noone cares?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000