Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 An interesting TIMe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/23/2002 : 02:43:48 AM
So my band is playing at this place called Tom Reid's and we usually play heavier alternative funk-rock. We get there and the manager says we need to start playing at 9, even though the contract is for 9:30...our acoustic guitar player hasn't shown up yet, so the rest of us just kind of do a little jam thing. We get done w/ "Jam in G" 15 minutes later and our guitarist still hasn't shown up because he just goes direct-out, thus no amp or anything so he is notorious for showing up at the downbeat of a gig. Meanwhile, the bartender is asking if we can "..turn the drums down." Oh, yeah sure, "Jeremy! Turn your volume knob down!" Jesus some people are stupid.
So then we find out that the owner Tim Reid who I guess is some kind of Hockey legend, is at the place and he wants it quiet so he can hear his friends talking. He wasn't a dick about it or anything, but he was paying us so....we suddenly had to turn down to a quarter of our normal volume and play all of our 3 hours worth of songs in some sort of acoustic version, having never attempted to do it before.
And it turned out fine. Leo showed up in time for the second song, and all of our songs sounded pretty good, even though some of the heavier stuff sounded VERY funny when it's quiet. We were literally cracking up on stage. And it was pretty fun and a good experience.

Moral of this story: ALWAYS DO CRACK!

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Adopt your own useless blob!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 06/24/2002 : 12:13:11 AM
Sounds like a great policy to inact.

You live, you learn!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/23/2002 : 4:00:12 PM
Yeah, the guy wasn't an ass about it like that though, which was good. From now on I guess we'll be wary about contracts that say "Managment controls volume" on it.

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Adopt your own useless blob!
Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:11:32 AM
Reminds me of the story TR told me about when he played the HOB and Jim Belushi had him thrown out of his meager dressing room so Jimbo could have it for him and his friends. Must be great to be the owner!! Gee I think I will treat the band I hired like shit, that sounds like fun. I will never understand folks like that. Glad you got thru it and learned and grew from the experience. Life on the road can be like that ALOT!!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
genome Posted - 06/23/2002 : 09:21:37 AM
quote:

We were literally cracking up on stage. And it was pretty fun and a good experience.

Moral of this story: ALWAYS DO CRACK!

Awesome story... Maybe I missed the moral, tho..

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000