Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Day from hell

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dirtysloth Posted - 06/22/2002 : 11:56:21 AM
June 21st really was a long day for me. Spent the first three hours vacuuming as part of my community service. I get home and play around on the computer for a while. Get up, walk around for a bit, and when I come back my computer is making some crazy clicking noises, telling me data has been lost. It won't start back up. I guess I've lost the hard drive or something so for all I know everything I had on there is gone. All kinds of original music, abstract art, personal files, bootlegs... gone. Maybe I'm wrong. I hope so. I wasn't even running any programs. Instant messanger probably and maybe Explorer. But anyway... I put the computer in the car to haul it off to some computer repair shop. I hop inside, and as I'm closing the door, very calmly by the way, IT FALLS OFF!!! I did end the day with an incredible jam though, so at least that went right. Played with a great drummer and a bass player that I would swear was Victor Wooten every once in a while if I didn't know who it really was. Oh, I got a job yesterday too. Talk about a busy day!
Anybody here know what the problem with my computer might be? When it starts up, it says something like: DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. Does it mean Windows? I don't think I have a disk for that. I have the HP System Recovery disks but it won't take those. Just trying to see if I can fix it myself here before I go spending ridiculous amounts of money to have other people do it for me. If I end up doing that, then there goes the studio monitors I was planning on buying soon.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 06/28/2002 : 10:40:02 PM
80 Gigs?! Wow...I have like 20 on mine.......maybe I sould get upgraded......

Also.....my friend at college left his computer on all the TIMe.....day and night, and near the end of the first semester, his monitor was screwed up. Then we left for Christmas break and it was fine after that. I guess too much use can screw up a computer.....just like other things..

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 02:10:59 AM
To quote Cheech and Chong......

"Hurry back, I miss you already darling!!!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 06/25/2002 : 5:05:24 PM
quote:
Bye for now, friends. Given my situation, it's hard to say when I'll be back on the board.

I'll be thinking about you Patrick. Hope you get things fixed soon. You will be missed friend!

dirtysloth Posted - 06/25/2002 : 4:34:19 PM
Took it to be looked at, and unfortunately I was right. Hard drive = dead. All those files gone for good. I did have a good deal saved on CDs though, so it's not like I've lost everything, but I did lose a great deal. That's ok though, I guess. I have a decent paying job now so I'm really gonna beef up my computer, provided I can make what I'll need for school first. I'll get that great sound card I already had working the way it should, those studio monitors... but for now, an 80 GB hard drive, which I will definitely need for all the music I'll be making soon. So considering the circumstances, I'm happy. If you hang in the trenches long enough, you'll get your day.

quote:
AS in most cases in life, it sounds like MUSIC SAVED THE DAY!!! As it does so often. Glad to hear you could find the silver lining on your dark cloud.

DEFINITELY! I wonder what kind of a person I'd be if I wasn't musical. It does so much for me and I don't know where I'd be without music.

Bye for now, friends. Given my situation, it's hard to say when I'll be back on the board.

Fluffy Posted - 06/25/2002 : 04:46:47 AM
It will solve the problem but I am not sure it will help his computer. Although, I have never done it myself, so who knows?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/25/2002 : 01:01:56 AM
My computer was acting up the other day as well. I just stopped using it so much and that helped. Maybe you could try that. Or you could throw it in the lake. That might help.

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 09:53:59 AM
Sounds kinda like whatever happened to my laptop on that fateful day in LA. It kept saying "operating system not found". Jon Soldo still hasn't been able to figure it out or retrieve anything from my harddrive. You may want to contact him and see if he has any ideas. Sorry to hear about your lousy day. Sound very much like my fateful day in LA. AS in most cases in life, it sounds like MUSIC SAVED THE DAY!!! As it does so often. Glad to hear you could find the silver lining on your dark cloud.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:33:13 AM
Hey Patrick, does it happen everytime you reboot? Hope you get it fixed. I have no clue what is wrong, wish I could help you out.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000