Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 2001: A Space Oddity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 06/19/2002 : 01:47:26 AM
QUE?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
36   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 03:45:01 AM
enthuTIMsiast finally surmised:
quote:
Fluffy, I noticed that this topic happens to be topic #2001

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This post really started out being about nothing, pretty amazing "the journey of our posts". I originally posted the pictures just to confuse and to create a mystery. Look where it has brought us. I am amazed after all that you finally noticed the impetus for the original post. Very observant. Now if we could only figure out who MBS or SGWAG is? HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/25/2002 : 02:27:22 AM
Tesla must have just been one of those guys that see things completely different from normal people.

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Adopt your own useless blob!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/25/2002 : 12:24:53 AM
Fluffy, I noticed that this topic happens to be topic #2001...how interesting, you sneaky bastid...

Tesla does sound like an extraordinary man. I didn't know all that stuff about him, but he seems pretty interesting. Maybe I'll check him out some more. I'll be my dad knows about him...his being an electrical engineer and all.

-what-
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/24/2002 : 09:15:57 AM
Thanks Fluffy... much apreciated.

Also worthy of note, the wireless communication that is listed wasn't just for short distances... he was able to send signals over long distances (from one side of the world to the other) in the early 1900's. That just blows my mind considering the technology that existed back then, because this was taking place at around the same time that this one very wealthy guy, who's name I cannot remember, was trying to lay a telegraph line across the atlantic to connect America and Europe. Tesla definitely was WAY ahead of his time.
-J

Fluffy Posted - 06/24/2002 : 01:59:01 AM
Nilola Tesla

Inventions: a telephone repeater, rotating magnetic field principle, polyphase alternating-current system, induction motor, alternating-current power transmission, Tesla coil transformer, wireless communication, radio, fluorescent lights, and more than 700 other patents.

Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
God said, "Let Tesla be", and all was light.
B.A. Behrend, AIEE annual meeting, New York City, May 18, 1917.

For more info on this amazing man check out:

http://www.neuronet.pitt.edu/~bogdan/tesla/

OR

Despite his relative obscurity, the greatest genius of all time may have been Nikola Tesla. With over 700 patents in his name, Tesla shaped our current technological landscape more than any other individual. How, then, did this great man end up dying destitute and in obscurity? Did Tesla's extraordinary mind decline into insanity... or was he simply far, far ahead of his time?
http://www.parascope.com/en/1096/tesindex.htm

OR for a list of his over 700 patents if you really want to know what all of them are and exactly how extraordinary he really was, go to:
http://www.mall-usa.com/BPCS/index.shtml

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 06/23/2002 : 11:36:23 PM
Like what?......that is.....besides the "death ray" and the Tesla Coil......

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/23/2002 : 11:06:01 PM
I studied Tesla at length a few semesters ago in a History of technology and society class. He came up with some pretty cool stuff.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 06/23/2002 : 8:36:17 PM
No.....but that's what I'm gonna call it for now on.

"Hey! Get me a Red Alert!"

Fleabass76 Posted - 06/23/2002 : 6:46:04 PM
Word to the C&C!

Did anyone else have a problem calling Mountain Dew Code Red Red Alert? Jude and I did.

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
pcbTIM Posted - 06/23/2002 : 5:02:38 PM
I would just like to thank Tesla for allowing me the ability to defend my Soviet base with Tesla Coils so the Allies can't get in.

Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 1:03:58 PM

Tesla's Wardenclyffe
laboratory, where
he tested his
death ray.

Tesla dreamed up a new invention that might interest the military: the death ray.
The mechanism behind Tesla's death ray is not well understood. It was apparently some sort of particle accelerator. Tesla said it was an outgrowth of his magnifying transformer, which focused its energy output into a thin beam so concentrated it would not scatter, even over huge distances. He promoted the device as a purely defensive weapon, intended to knock down incoming attacks - making the death ray the great-great grandfather of the Strategic Defense Initiative.

It is not certain if Tesla ever used the death ray, or indeed if he even succeeded in building one. But the following is the often-related story of what happened one night in 1908 when Tesla tested the foreboding weapon.

At the time, Robert Peary was making his second attempt to reach the North Pole. Cryptically, Tesla had notified the expedition that he would be trying to contact them somehow. They were to report to him the details of anything unusual they might witness on the open tundra. On the evening of June 30, accompanied by his associate George Scherff atop Wardenclyffe tower, Tesla aimed his death ray across the Atlantic towards the arctic, to a spot which he calculated was west of the Peary expedition.

Tesla switched on the device. At first, it was hard to tell if it was even working. Its extremity emitted a dim light that was barely visible. Then an owl flew from its perch on the tower's pinnacle, soaring into the path of the beam. The bird disintegrated instantly.

That concluded the test. Tesla watched the newspapers and sent telegrams to Peary in hopes of confirming the death ray's effectiveness. Nothing turned up. Tesla was ready to admit failure when news came of a strange event in Siberia.

On June 30, a massive explosion had devastated Tunguska, a remote area in the Siberian wilderness. Five hundred thousand square acres of land had been instantly destroyed. Equivalent to ten to fifteen megatons of TNT, the Tunguska incident is the most powerful explosion to have occurred in human history -- not even subsequent thermonuclear detonations have surpassed it. The explosion was audible from 620 miles away. Scientists believe it was caused by either a meteorite or a fragment of a comet, although no obvious impact site or mineral remnants of such an object were ever found.

Nikola Tesla had a different explanation. It was plain that his death ray had overshot its intended target and destroyed Tunguska. He was thankful beyond measure that the explosion had - miraculously - killed no one. Tesla dismantled the death ray at once, deeming it too dangerous to remain in existence.

As mentioned in previous comments, there is a fair amount of circumstantial evidence in the Tesla theory as there is in a meteorite or blackhole theory. However, one thing remains evident is the fact that Tesla declared to be capable of performing such feats. His Colorado Springs testing proved he was capable of broadcasting power over limited distance thereby illuminating approximately 200 non-wired incadescent light bulbs. Some will argue the act was never acheived, yet written accounts from the nearby town of Cripple Creek document odd electrical happenings. Notwithstanding, Wardenclyffe was to be Tesla's magna opus in broadcasting power. Whether he was responsible with Tunguska may or may not be known, but one thing that is for sure; a hypothesis focusing on Tesla is as valid as any other with the amount of current data available on Tunguska's cause. On a personal note; Tesla made people think outside the box. And people don't like that. His genius (and albeit eccentricity) gave way to inventions that are still far beyond their times. His revolutionary ideas with AC (spark gap) industrilized a nation. His discovery of X-ray, RADAR, fluorescent lighting, and other wonderful ideas demonstrate his mind was capable of great wonders. It is not inconceivable to believe Tesla was capable of developing a machine that was quite capable of beaming energy to a distant location. As mentioned, Tesla make people think out of the box.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:50:00 PM
Alot of the info gave very good scientific facts as to why the devastation in Tunguska could not have come from an asteroid impact. The major on is the lack of a crater. Some believe it looks like the work of a major NRG blast, you know like the kind that could say, shrink a quarter. HMMMMMMMM

I also just noticed that Silky is at 2001 posts. Apropos given the name of this thread!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Evergreen Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:27:51 PM
And I may be mistaken but from what I've read about asteroids, they do not emit such large amounts of radiation.

Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:21:00 PM
Alot of people believe that what struck the earth then and there was from a device created by Tesla. I have read theorys about it and it sounds very believable to me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Evergreen Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:12:31 PM
What we do know for sure is that in 1908, something struck the Earth with a force of 40 megatons of TNT, 2000 times the force of the atomic bomb that exploded over Hiroshima. We are extremely fortunate that the event occurred in a remote area of Siberia.

fore we can be assured that another event of this magnitude will occur in the future...

Definitely more than ONE way to interpret these words

Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:48:27 AM
Jay asked:
quote:
what are joules?

Main Entry: joule
Pronunciation: 'jü(&)l also ÷'jau(&)l
Function: noun
Etymology: James P. Joule
Date: 1882
: a unit of work or energy equal to the work done by a force of one newton acting through a distance of one meter

Unless of course you are talking about the family joules and then we all know they are BALLS!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:45:17 AM
Indeed, three cheers for Nikoli Tesla!!!

What really happened with The Tunguska Explosion? what?
http://www.spartechsoftware.com/dimensions/earth/Tunguska.htm
Again, William Lyne also talks about his theories on this one in his book. He believes Tesla was involved. You are saying "WHO?" here ya go:
Nikola Tesla was a genius far ahead of his time. Lyne believes that Tesla discovered the secret to flying saucers and the US govt stole the technology from him to prevent him from marketing it and putting major corporations out of business. See how it is all tied together. Pretty scary stuff when you start looking into all of it. It is all interrelated.

from topic:http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1637

For more info on this subject by one of TR's favorite authors, check out this link, then check out his books. I read them on Tim's recommendation and found them fascinating.

http://members.tripod.com/~lyne4lyne/

also see topic:http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=428

Keep and open mind, by the way, that is the best kind!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Evergreen Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:33:22 AM
Which means we have to give him partial credit for our beloved
SPACEPOD

Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:27:26 AM
King of Flying Saucer technology!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Evergreen Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:17:22 AM
Mr. Tesla had quite the amazing mind.

http://tesla.desy.de/

Fluffy Posted - 06/23/2002 : 10:06:59 AM
MYSTERY REVEALED!!!!!(for those who are interested)

http://www.teslamania.com/

Remember Tesla and William Lyne?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
genome Posted - 06/23/2002 : 02:05:26 AM
quote:

Why do we have heads?

Jay

No talking, Just head.
That's what I said.

Saint Jude Posted - 06/23/2002 : 02:00:50 AM
where are my pants?

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
genome Posted - 06/23/2002 : 01:19:40 AM
What was the question?

LizT Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:54:31 AM
Why must we get old?

Jay Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:46:14 AM
Why do we have heads?

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
LizT Posted - 06/23/2002 : 12:43:48 AM
Why do I have to work in the morning? I better get some sleep.
Nite Nite.......

Saint Jude Posted - 06/22/2002 : 12:17:30 AM
where are my pants?

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 06/21/2002 : 11:38:34 PM
why is their air?

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Jay Posted - 06/21/2002 : 11:36:55 PM
what are joules?

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 06/21/2002 : 11:30:02 PM
what is goiters?

genome Posted - 06/21/2002 : 11:27:07 PM
I think those quarters have some goiters that need to be looked at.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 06/21/2002 : 11:16:45 PM
bizare i think is an understate ment

LizT Posted - 06/19/2002 : 08:00:37 AM
That's very bizarre!!

Fluffy Posted - 06/19/2002 : 03:29:34 AM

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/19/2002 : 03:00:52 AM
Are you referring to the Kubrick movie? I think those big black monoliths are a good representation of Planet X...

Mr. Jaco Pastorius

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000