Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 People w/ extensive album cover knowledge!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/19/2002 : 01:23:41 AM
My band is thinking about cover art for our new album. The top idea we have is the profile of a woman blowing smoke because the name of the album is probably going to be called Breathe. This concept seemed familiar to me and I'm wondering if any other bands have done this. Can anyone tell me if i'm right or if i'm just paranoid?

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Adopt your own useless blob!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/21/2002 : 5:38:15 PM
quote:

Death lives!

That's an awesome Family Guy episode.

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Micheal Posted - 06/21/2002 : 12:44:44 PM
Death lives!

Fluffy Posted - 06/21/2002 : 01:19:44 AM
I have over 6000 commercial CD's alone. It would be cost-prohibitive to back up all my CD's or burn back up copies. Even if it wasn't, who's to say the back up copy won't suffer the same sad end as the original. All I am pointing out is that vinyl we know will not suffer the effects that CD's are likely to suffer. Hey but then again, a fire could destroy everything. Vinyl and CD's.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/21/2002 : 12:41:37 AM
But if you put all your CD's onto a comp in mp3 form, u don't need the CD's, especially if u have a burner, then u can just make more...unless that damn Planet X does erase the hard drive...

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Fluffy Posted - 06/21/2002 : 12:28:28 AM
I am inclined to agree with Fleabass on this, to a certain degree, although, CD's have been know to GO BLANK. All it takes is a little air, one small break in the sealing of the 2 pieces of plastic around the aluminium and air can get inside and over time will oxidize your CD. The problem is that it might take 10 years for this to happen. So 10 years after you buy your CD, who are you supposed to call when it goes defective. I have already seen this happen to CD's. We had a Def Leppard "Pyromania" CD that is now totally blank. The only hope is that all your CD's are of the GOLD variety. As we all know Gold is a non-oxidizing metal, so even if a small defect is present it should not effect the music on the CD. I have to agree with Evergreen by saying vinyl records have been around for 70+ years and if you take care of them, they sound just as good as when you got them. How will your CD collection hold up in say 70 years? Food for thought!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/20/2002 : 10:58:20 AM
I don't think it's possible to erase CD's w/ magnets...mp3's on a hard drive maybe...but CD's still use that basic groove theory, they're just smaller pits and grooves and what not. Or at least they used to be...damn kids w/ their technology...

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Evergreen Posted - 06/20/2002 : 09:36:29 AM
quote:
As cool as vinyl would be, they're not very marketable...

I don't know about that!
And when that big magnetic asteroid brushes by the Earth and all the digital music/CD's/mp3's are erased instantaneously, people will be happy they have their records.

Fleabass76 Posted - 06/20/2002 : 03:45:22 AM
Not as basic as something that's 14....maybe baking soda...that's not too basic...

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
genome Posted - 06/19/2002 : 6:15:53 PM
Milk of Magnesia is basic.

So are these: Seawater (8.0), Baking soda (9.0), Domestic Bleach (11.0), Caustic Soda (14.0)

I guess the most basic you could use would be the Caustic Soda.

Fleabass76 Posted - 06/19/2002 : 4:52:54 PM
As cool as vinyl would be, they're not very marketable...

And we don't neccesarily want smoke, we were thinking of doing it just breath on a cold day...but we're not going to get that any TIMe soon. Something to simulate breathing. And yeah, the oxygen bar thing is a good idea, but we want something basic also.

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Micheal Posted - 06/19/2002 : 4:26:22 PM
Smoke, That seems a little over done.

Maybe a naked guy standing in awe in front of a bright red star would be cool. Or maybe a naked guy doing a ballet pose on a brain would be cool.....giggle cough gag...

Seriously though, if I may submit a spur of the moment suggestion. How about putting a corporate dressed woman or flight attendant in an oxygen bar or a passenger jet....with an oxygen mask and her eyes all sick and rolled up in the back of her head, having a halucination about planet x or some other theme of your songs.

GOOD LUCK

LizT Posted - 06/19/2002 : 3:19:45 PM
Ahhhhh the good old days!

Evergreen Posted - 06/19/2002 : 2:29:45 PM
And you can get more extensive with the cover art for records. More space to decorate. It's one of the great things about albums, the cover art. I'm loving life cause I now have a sweet turntable and an extensive record collection living at my house. And there's even something nice about the scratches on some of them. It's a warm and fuzzy feeling that flows all over you.

Evergreen Posted - 06/19/2002 : 2:24:36 PM
Are you going to produce vinyl as opposed to a CD, or are you doing both.
Go vinyl...Keep it alive!!!

mgodinez Posted - 06/19/2002 : 11:17:31 AM
Jane's Addition's "Nothings Shocking", had 2 siamese twins w/ their hair on fire.

mgodinez.
in the player: sadhappy, live at the rainbow

Seattle, Wa
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/19/2002 : 11:13:51 AM
nashville pussy has some photos in the booklet of a woman smoking and the woman beside her inhaling it in her own mouth. i guess that's similar.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Fluffy Posted - 06/19/2002 : 02:17:36 AM
Tricky's new album Blowback has a photo on the album cover of him blowing pot smoke into the mouth of a topless woman. Does this count? I will put my mind to it and see what else I can come up with. I seem to recall lots of album covers with people blowing smoke.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000