Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Kinda Funny Story, Kinda

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 06/04/2002 : 11:55:07 PM
You have to picture this to really get it...So I was sitting at my friends house, she actually lives in a trailer park, so there's lots of people who drive and walk by, and we were outside in here driveway, easily noticeable...and we were playing guitar, and first you have to picture what I look like...the way I dress is "goth" and I had my black clothes on, black make-up, pierced lip and tongue, hair dyed green, kinda scary looking , and this guy pulls up, about 21 years old, and asks if he can play, so I let him play my guitar, and he plays for awhile, nothing to impressive ,considering he looks at these 2 teenage girls, 15 and 16, thinking we can't play b/c everyone around here is like that (they all think you have to be male to play guitar, and you definetly can't look like I do)...so he acts like he's some kind of TIM, so he tries to strum out some old Floyd and Metallica, then when he is finished he compliments my guitar...says "nice guitar, it'd be cool if you could play it" So I am getting quite defensive and I don't usually show off, but this guy deserved to get his bum kicked by a 15 year old girl...so I tell him that I can play, and he sits down, acting all superior, and says "then let's see it" so I start with "Tool", and "Red Hot Chilli Peppers" a couple simple songs that just sound cool, then I begin to play to "Satellite" the procede w/ "Kansas - Dust in the Wind" and finish with something really cool of my brothers that he taught me...(the thing he taught me is "TIMish") and this guy is so floored and a little angry he says "not bad" and leaves...I found that quite amusing...I hope you enjoyed my little story...anyone who has ever impressed someone (especially someone you don't favor) and have felt good, can understand my story

*~Kaleigh~*
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 06/18/2002 : 10:44:48 PM
I HAVE been there many TIMes before, I know exactly what you mean, I get it alot when I tell people I tour. They always ask with who and I tell them TR and they stare blankly at me. Funny story: We went into a Guitar Center in Seattle and were buying some supplies and the guy asks the name on the account and I was blown away when I said TR and he was actually aware of who he was. Later after much conversation and a couple of autographs we left and I was checking my reciept to make sure everything was right and I noticed at the bottom of the reciept in quotes, "Friend of Dave Matthews" We had a BIG laugh. Obviously when you type in Tim Reynolds name into their computer at Guitar Center a flag goes up letting the employees know that TR is a "Friend of Dave Matthews". How silly is that. Guess they are trying to hip their employees to info like that before they embarrass themselves. Which they do SO OFTEN.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 06/07/2002 : 03:19:31 AM
Thank you Fluffy, I went into that same guitar store to buy a pedal for my brother and there was 2 guys in there, and one was going on about some guy that was the best guitar player ever (i forget his name, but he WAS NOT the best), and they were asking me what kind of music I played and I told them I like classical, and went on with all that, and then they asked who my "influences" were and I asked if they knew who TIM was and they looked lost..it was funny. But I guess you would have had to been there.

*~Kaleigh~*
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/06/2002 : 10:47:11 PM
Hey VWF, I've probably asked this question on the bored, or somebody else, but your how old? 14? 15? It's slipped my mind.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/06/2002 : 5:57:11 PM
yeah, i'm the guy in the music stores that picks up an acoustic, goes as far away from everyone else, and then plays quietly. i'm always afraid of these awesome superior guys that i run into, and never want to really confront or anything, so i stick to myself. but then i usually pick up a bass and then people are like DAMN! btw i do a lot of wooten techn. or try to, but i flippin' study eveything he does, so i have a little of it down...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/06/2002 : 5:56:51 PM
yeah, i'm the guy in the music stores that picks up an acoustic, goes as far away from everyone else, and then plays quietly. i'm always afraid of these awesome superior guys that i run into, and never want to really confront or anything, so i stick to myself. but then i usually pick up a bass and then people are like DAMN! btw i do a lot of wooten techn. or try to, but i flippin' study eveything he does, so i have a little of it down...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Fluffy Posted - 06/06/2002 : 5:45:31 PM
I tend to find most people in guitar stores are not even familiar with what TR does outside of his work with DMB. That is really great the way you faced that dude Kaleigh. Guys like that need to be put in their place. Who knows, maybe he won't be so condescending to or as quick to judge a female next TIMe because of his experience with you. Sounds like he learned the hard way what we all knew, You can't judge a book by it's cover. You GO GRRL!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 06/06/2002 : 3:09:45 PM
Thank you tericee, and people in music stores act like they since they can play a little Zep, Floyd or Metallica the are practically TIMs. I hate stupid stuck up people who think they are better than others...given that some people need to be put in there place sometimes.

*~Kaleigh~*
tericee Posted - 06/06/2002 : 1:50:53 PM
That was an awesome story Kaleigh! Keep up the good work.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
therippa Posted - 06/06/2002 : 1:20:10 PM
I hate that music store mentality too...most people I've encountered at music stores act like they play for Led Zeppelin and try to give there opinion to you no matter how many times they see your face in the store.

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/06/2002 : 1:10:03 PM
Good story, and way to show off that guy.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 06/05/2002 : 11:50:51 AM
Why thank you..

*~Kaleigh~*
LizT Posted - 06/05/2002 : 08:10:55 AM
You go girl!!!

revrendmaynard14 Posted - 06/05/2002 : 03:23:50 AM
I almost have 100 posts, I am proud..go me.

*~Kaleigh~*
revrendmaynard14 Posted - 06/05/2002 : 01:39:10 AM
My point exactly, I went in to my local music store the other day and ask specifically for the kind of strings I always use, and this guy wanted to argue with me and tell me they were a bad kind, and did I mention they are the ones TIM uses? All b/c I am a girl, how rude is that...

*~Kaleigh~*
Saint Jude Posted - 06/05/2002 : 12:41:28 AM
yeah, i hate people like that. especialy in music stores. they sit down thinking their bad ass and play some nirvana. i mean i love nirvana but its the most easy songs in the world to play. i always try to be the better man and let it go but on ocasion u got to whip out some songs in odd time sigs and some tapping or sumthin to get them to shut up.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000