Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Here's an interesting story...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
My_Bad_Side Posted - 06/02/2002 : 6:47:25 PM
Here's a story out of which a few of you may get a kick. I'll just jump right in.

When I (I, of course, in the strictest figurative sense) was younger I drove a VW Bug. I drove the car to school and whatnot. Anyway, there was this traffic light that had a sensored turn signal. When it was time for a left turn signal from the light, it would only give that if something of this "minimum weight" was on there. It just so happened that my car and I did not meet that minimum weight. So we couldn't trigger the light.

So one morning, I decided just to see how long that light would last. I let the light cycle through greens and reds and yellows and whatnot, but still no left turn light. Finally after FIVE cycles, I decided that if it didn't happen to give me the left turn I would just go when the straight lane was green. So as I was waiting, I see the "mickey mouse" ears coming over the hill down the road, toward me. Just about that time, the straight lane turns green....and since I'm man of conviction, I decided to do just what I said I was going to do. So the police man just happened to turn right, and after he did, I turned left behind him. He immediately pulled me over. I explained to him that if I was about to do something illegal, I surely had the sense not to do it right after a cop had turned in front of me. He wasn't going to hear the voice of reason (me). He wrote me a ticket.

I explained the whole situation to my dad and we decided that I would go to court.

In court, I was at my table and the cop was at his, smirking and looking smartass. I hesitatnly explained to the judge exactly why I had done what I did. The cop felt vindicated (from pulling over such a minor offender) by my silly story. The judge didn't see it his way. The judge dismissed my ticket. The police officer was appalled. I got off scott free.

The next day, as I was going to school, I went the "other way" to school, which included a series of swervy roads at which police officers were known to await unsuspecting speeders. Once on these curves, one had to go all the way to the end in order to turn around and go the other way. I was not an unsuspecting speeder. But I had forgotten my driver's license. I realized this immediately as I headed into these curves. I accelerated thinking only of the driver's license which I did not have, and how easily I could get home and get it. I rounded the last curve and ... there he was. It was almost as if God on high had told him to wait in that spot.

He pulled me over, he being the same cop with whom I had spent some quality time in a courtroom the day before. Extraordinarily surprisingly, he was amazingly nice to me. I think I got off with a warning. I can't even remember that.

:
:
:
:
:
:

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Fred D., if you get mad...your sense of humor is less than what I thought it was....

No one understands me.
56   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 06/19/2002 : 08:53:51 AM
Jason yes you do that extremely well! Funny I just made another comment about your innocent looks in another post!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/19/2002 : 08:50:20 AM
Yep, I can give you an idea of when I told Teri... We were in the car. It was on the way to DMB in Irvine, because Krystal was driving. We were chatting about MBS, and she said something about wanting to know who it was, and maybe asking you (Fluffy). I said "Yeah you could do that, or I could just tell you..." She said "Is it you" and I said, "Yep." So that's more or less how that went.

And as for Liz and Silky, I can't say rightly when they figured it out. It was a LONG time ago. Toward the beginning, I think. Maybe two weeks after the mysterious MBS started posting.

I'm great with the innocent look, huh? It's great fun for me. I'm not sure why.

-what-
LizT Posted - 06/19/2002 : 07:58:02 AM
I must confess I knew in Cali. I couldn't keep a straight face when the subject came up. When you were talking about the Fred Durst posts I thought I was gonna burst. Jason sat there looking so innocent!!
My memory fails me when I figured it out. Jason could tell you, he's sharp as a tack! LOL!

Fluffy Posted - 06/19/2002 : 03:18:18 AM
Did this incident occur before or after LA? Jason claims he told Teri the truth in LA. If he did, I don't think she remembers it or even that she heard him say it. How long have you guys known?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 06/18/2002 : 8:33:47 PM
quote:
Fluffy, I made a posting error and Liz and Silky caught it before I deleted it.

When I discovered it was Jason I posted it on the board. Jason and Silky were on at the same TIMe when I exposed MBS. LOL! But my devilish side made me delete the posts, otherwise the gig would have been up long ago. Jason I'm due for that ass kissin now! LOL!
Nay, I'm just kidding!!!!

Fluffy Posted - 06/17/2002 : 4:51:53 PM
quote:
For what it's worth...

Fluffy, I hope I didn't butcher that story TOO much for you. Just shows that when you talk, SOME people listen.

Fluffy, I thought you might not like me telling your story...that's why the code was at the bottom of the message...

To #1, I am glad it was something like that. I was afraid I was slipping at solving mysteries.
To #2, Teri and I discussed it and both of us were amazed at how accurately you conveyed it after only hearing it 1 TIMe. Teri has heard that story numerous TIMes and didn't think she could have told it that accurately. She recognized it immediately. There were a few things you left out that convinced Teri it wasn't me because I consider them some of my fave parts of the story. For instance, you missed the quote of the judge when I knew I had won my case. It is my fave part of that story. He said, "You know, that is one of my pet peeves!" I would never have left that out if I was telling the story. The only other things that really could let someone know it is not me telling the story is the fact that I was on my way to work on that fateful day I got pulled over w/out my license, and the whole end of the story is a fairly abbreviated version of the events. Otherwise, VERY accurtate. What did you do, tape the conversation? HAHA Kudos on your brilliant memory!
To #3, Why would I mind you telling the story. Hell, I might have told it on the board if it weren't so long. Everyone already gives me so much grief about my long posts. There were plenty of posts when I almost told the story but decided it was too long to type. Thanx for doing my dirty work. If you haven't figured out, I don't get mad easy. I do get mad but it takes alot.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/17/2002 : 01:09:28 AM
I was a few tables to your right... so that might be me in the very left of the picture. Are you going to hit up an Atlanta show again in the fall if Tim comes around?
-J

LizT Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:56:17 AM
It's about TIMe you are back Jason!! Missed you too!!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:54:04 AM
Jeff, I can't say for certain, but I believe you're probably in that picture yourself. I can't remember where you were sitting that night...but that's me taping the Variety Playhouse show on 11.10.01. I think you're in the left of the picture, maybe just out of it, I'm not sure....

-what-
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:46:06 AM
Fluffy there were tons... he made it pretty obvious from the start. I still can't believe that nobody picked up on it until now -save Liz. I couldn't get over the picture... that's about the funniest thing I've ever seen anyone do on a messageboard.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:42:12 AM
For what it's worth...

Fluffy, I hope I didn't butcher that story TOO much for you. Just shows that when you talk, SOME people listen.

Teri...how could you think it was Fluffy? I told you right out that it was me....hehehe...

Everyone else, that's Fluffy's story at the beginnging.

Everyone else, Fluffy took that photo of me at the beginning, and I added it the other day...

I'm not Col. Mustard in the Peanut Butter room.

I am a "nature guy" [these sandals DO go with everything].

Yes, Silky, I've been lurking, but I'm not a bastid; I'm legit.

Fluffy, I thought you might not like me telling your story...that's why the code was at the bottom of the message...

The drama was fun...sorry for those of you (Evergreen) that got unhappy with me (esp when I emailed you)...I was just funnin'. The drama was good.

And finally, thanks Silky and Liz for not spilling it. That made it great... (at least for me).

-what-
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:34:01 AM
MWAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

[or, to quote Silky]
quote:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*breathes*

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:28:01 AM
How did you figure it out so much quicker than everyone else? What clue did we miss?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:26:17 AM
I told him I wouldn't spill it... so I didn't. The picture was hysterical.
-J

LizT Posted - 06/17/2002 : 12:04:24 AM
I wasn't scared, I think I was coerced in keeping it a secret! Just kidding... LOL!

Fluffy Posted - 06/16/2002 : 11:52:16 PM
I don't understand if all these people figured it out why you were all scared to say something. He posted a picture of himself right in the first post. I would say he is hardly hiding at this point.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 06/16/2002 : 11:48:47 PM
Thank you Fluffy! I'm so glad that it's all out in the open. I figured it out a while back.

Fluffy Posted - 06/16/2002 : 8:21:28 PM
I must admit, I never figured it out, but in light of all the new info it seems pretty obvious. First, MBS post count rises faster than anyone elses with the exception of EnthuTIMsiast. HMMMMMM Do we see a similarity here? I think Liz mentioned how fast the post count goes up and we have already established EnthuTIMsiast's ability to make his post count grow rapidly. And if this is not enuf for you, The picture in the first post on this thread clearly identifies MBS. He has posted a picture of himself surrounded by the words MY BAD SIDE. It is not Col Mustard in the Parlor Room, I assert that it is Jason on the Message Board. By the way, I am amazed at how well you transcribed my story from memory(with a few exceptions). You even had Teri thinking it might be me. She recognized the story immediately. Kudos to you for being able to be so sneaky. It was like we had our own little who-dunn-it here on the board.

PS Why would I get mad? I was Fred Durst!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/13/2002 : 8:42:54 PM
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*breathes*

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

genome Posted - 06/13/2002 : 3:56:53 PM
Hmmm. Well, maybe I'm the only one that noticed the first post in this thread...that makes it as clear as...well, nothing really, you can't see a damn thing in that.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/13/2002 : 1:30:58 PM
My lips are sealed... I will let him/her tell you when (s)he wants.
-J

pants_happy Posted - 06/13/2002 : 1:01:36 PM
quote:

I'm not sure... but I think MBS has been posting under yet another name...

You're one of them, aren't you?
-Detective Silky

are you implying that MBS and "It's that good." are the same people?(as well as the main culprit, making three) dammit, i don't know how to say it slyly, so did MBS have a DMB but switch to a T**(incripted for your protection), and could they be denying it all? man, if i have it right, i hope i didn't give it completely away. but if i don't, then he isn't the sweetie i'm thinking of...

genome Posted - 06/13/2002 : 02:12:45 AM
Here's another interesting story...

Well, I don't have a story, I'm just trying to get my signature out there. Herd that?

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/12/2002 : 11:23:05 PM
I'm not sure... but I think MBS has been posting under yet another name...

You're one of them, aren't you?
-Detective Silky

pcbTIM Posted - 06/12/2002 : 10:20:26 PM
Dammit Silky! Not all of us are pyscology majors! Like I said before.....Confess!!!! Confess!!! Fetch me......the comfy chair!!!!!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
genome Posted - 06/11/2002 : 08:38:06 AM
Who's been online? What's going on?

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/11/2002 : 12:48:48 AM
Sheesh, I'm confused.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/11/2002 : 12:40:13 AM
Hehe he's been online... methinks he's just lurking... being a bastid. :)
-J

LizT Posted - 06/10/2002 : 11:21:11 PM
It's kind of interesting that no one will come out and say it.
I think MBS should be the one to post it!! Where is he anyway?

tericee Posted - 06/10/2002 : 10:49:34 PM
Okay, so the answer has never been revealed. Somebody give up the info!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Saint Jude Posted - 06/05/2002 : 5:20:46 PM
ye...yeah.... do ..... do you... uhh....do you have my ball?
(Cough)

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/05/2002 : 5:10:55 PM
quote:

ok ok ok its me...........

ok its not me.......

(cough)

what a pathetic plea for attention. Will someone take him for a walk or something? throw the ball for him? anything...?

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
LizT Posted - 06/05/2002 : 3:56:00 PM
AnyTIMe my friend!!!

Evergreen Posted - 06/05/2002 : 3:20:57 PM
Thanx Liz

Saint Jude Posted - 06/04/2002 : 4:52:26 PM
ok ok ok its me...........

ok its not me.......

(cough)

LizT Posted - 06/04/2002 : 4:31:13 PM
quote:
Like I said before, maybe we really don't know who each other is now do we!

Gee I hope that's not the case. Can you imagine sgwag as someone else here and we are being nice to him??? EEEKKK!!

LizT Posted - 06/04/2002 : 4:06:25 PM
Sorry Silky... It looks like people are getting a little fiesty about it. MBS!!!! Show your good side and make everyone happy!!
You have a very nice good side.........

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/04/2002 : 4:00:46 PM
Haha Liz you should allow MBS to give hints as (s)he sees fit.
-J

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/04/2002 : 3:59:25 PM
Hehe Evergreen are you really pissed? Can't tell if there's a joking tone to that last message or not.

Teri I'd tell you but then... well... you know... that would entail actually saying who it is.
-J

LizT Posted - 06/04/2002 : 3:56:20 PM
Teri here is a big hint.......

Nature Guy

therippa Posted - 06/04/2002 : 3:53:22 PM
Was it Col. Mustard in the Parlor Room?

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
tericee Posted - 06/04/2002 : 3:50:52 PM
If so many people know, would somebody just come out and say it so the rest of the SLOW people on the board could stop feeling stupid?

teri

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/03/2002 : 1:29:25 PM
Haha it's been obvious since day one... it just depends on how long it takes you to realize how obvious it is that (s)he has made it.
-J

LizT Posted - 06/03/2002 : 10:51:41 AM
You know I did TOO! There is no perfect crime.... Not that this is a crime or anything. He's making it so obvious now. LOL!

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/03/2002 : 09:28:44 AM
Indeed, I figured it out many moons ago...
-J

LizT Posted - 06/03/2002 : 08:10:39 AM
quote:
I am dumbfounded that it has taken this long for anyone to catch on.

I can't agree more!! LOL!

pcbTIM Posted - 06/03/2002 : 03:11:03 AM
What the hell is that supposed to mean?! Have you known all along?! Confess! Confess! Confess! Cardinal Fang.....fetch.....the soft cushions!!!!!!

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/02/2002 : 11:07:12 PM
I am dumbfounded that it has taken this long for anyone to catch on.
-J

tericee Posted - 06/02/2002 : 10:14:48 PM
But is it the same person telling the story or another person re-telling somebody else's story? That's my question...

teri

pcbTIM Posted - 06/02/2002 : 9:27:05 PM
Well.......we heard that story at House of Blues.......so it would have to be one of the following....

Fluffy
pcbdmb
Liz K
tericee
KevinLesko
EnthuTIMsiast

LizT Posted - 06/02/2002 : 8:48:50 PM
Teri I know it's not you or Patrick. He has left major clues.

tericee Posted - 06/02/2002 : 8:30:10 PM
It's not me if that's what you're thinking. MBS is trying to throw us off his trail by providing false clues...

teri

LizT Posted - 06/02/2002 : 8:24:18 PM
I go to work for 2 days and YOU have 1000 posts! It took me about 9 months to get that. You must have cheated! LOL!
Good story... glad you beat the ticket. I had to get a lawyer for the only 2 tickets I've gotten in the many years of driving.

pcbTIM Posted - 06/02/2002 : 8:14:16 PM
OK.......therefore, I think I know who MBS is now!!! Don't you agree Teri?

tericee Posted - 06/02/2002 : 7:27:21 PM
Wait a minute... Are you trying to implicate somebody here MBS?

teri

Saint Jude Posted - 06/02/2002 : 7:13:09 PM
good story man, and may i say 1000 posts in 2 months is insaine.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000