Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 What a day today has been

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dirtysloth Posted - 05/28/2002 : 9:28:30 PM
I finally made it to court today after over four months and got sentenced to 40 hrs community service , today also happened to be my dad's birthday , and to top it all off I'm sporting a fresh mohawk, red in color . Yup, today turned out to be quite an exciting day.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fleabass76 Posted - 05/30/2002 : 5:02:17 PM
Yeah, especially since shoplifting isn't legal in other countries and there's no such thing as medical shoplifting. U can't say that about weed...

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
dirtysloth Posted - 05/30/2002 : 2:28:41 PM
Yeah Liz, the worst part about the whole thing really was just waiting, wondering what was going to happen to me. I'm going to try to make up the hours the first week I can.

And I love that quote, Adam. I ain't hurtin' nobody. Get this... someone I know got caught shoplifting... quite a bit too... a few dvd's, cd's, etc... and he had been doing this for a while actually, stealing other things like mp3 players and stuff... I don't condone this at all... I would never do that myself... but my point is that the law is a little ridiculous. You can smoke a bowl in the woods, and not even plan on driving, and you risk losing your liscense, your financial aid, getting sentenced to community service, getting put on probation, get treatment, and there's probably some things I'm missing too. Walk into a place, take whatever you want without ever even thinking about paying, and you can get caught and just pay a fine. Now seriously, exactly how much sense does that make?

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 05/30/2002 : 12:33:00 PM
"This is dedicated to all the non-violent offenders currently in prison...and hopefully one day they will be free"

TR before And Then They Were Free

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/30/2002 : 12:16:58 PM
that sucks thought that you got caught in the first place. good call, just don't speak to the POPO, you get up shit creek without a paddle!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
LizT Posted - 05/30/2002 : 09:30:45 AM
Hey Patrick O, glad to hear you have the whole ordeal behind you now. I'm sure it was a major relief for you. Just try to get your community service done as quickly as possible so you can kiss this whole thing goodbye.

dirtysloth Posted - 05/29/2002 : 5:09:44 PM
You're right, genome, 40 hours isn't much compared to what could have happened to me. They could have also taken my liscense away and put me on probation, as well as treatment too I think. They didn't do those things because I was truthful and co-operative as well as the fact that I'm moving for school in less than two months. It came extremely close to being thrown out though because of the way the cop handled the situation. That is, he accused me and questioned me when he didn't really have any substantial reason to. The judge was arguing hardcore with the prosecutor about whether the evidence gathered was done so fairly. Two other friends I was smoking with didn't even get charged, and the one other friend who did get charged had his case thrown out. I'm the only one who didn't try to lie my way out of it, I'm the only one who gets in trouble. Lesson learned: DON'T TALK TO COPS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! It's my own fault though, I should have known better. So I'm not complaining and I am glad it wasn't worse, but based on how it went down, it really should have been dismissed altogether.

The community service is assigned, but we get to request something... no guarantee that the request will be honored. I didn't really put much thought into it... I just requested working at the library since it's basically accross the street from me.

tericee Posted - 05/28/2002 : 10:19:48 PM
Do you get to pick your community service or will it be assigned to you? I've heard Habitat for Humanity can be fun. Or maybe you could teach music to kids in Boys and Girls Club...

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
genome Posted - 05/28/2002 : 10:07:28 PM
A red mohawk. Well, there you go. 40 hours community service isn't all that bad, is it? I guess it's better than 0 hours of community service, but don't you think it could have been a whole lot worse for you? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I'll shutup now.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000