Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 To the Cali Crowd (and LizK)(and Fluffy).

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/23/2002 : 01:36:35 AM
I should do something nice to thank each of you individually. But I'm not creative and I don't know what I would do, so I'll just thank you here.

Teri thank you so much for showing me around and putting up with me for a night. And thanks for solving many of my transportation problems and all that you did. You can't imagine how much I appreciate it. I had a good time. Sorry for leaving your bed in disarray. Hehheee....

Kevin thank you so much for picking me up when it was out of your way and dropping me off when it was the same. It was fun, glad I got to meet you, enjoyed the show with you. And thanks for trying to work something else out for the other shows, even if it didn't work out.

Patrick now I know what the competition looks like. Mwahhahaahh. It was fun at the HOB.

Fluffy thanks for putting me on the guest list for the shows. I appreciated getting in and having the "special priveleges." It feels good to be important occasionally (although I try not to make a habit of it). And thanks for letting me get Astral Projection even tho the "merch table" was not open. I'm still interested in an AP shirt, if you have any. I'm XL, but I'd squeeze my fat ass into whatever size you have. (Ok, not my ass, but you get the idea.) And I missed out on the posters, which I'll be glad to buy from you...I just need to be able to get a lot of stuff from the merch table that I missed. But that's another story. Thanks for everything at HOB. It was great. Getting us backstage and everything.

Liz thanks for going to HOB. And taping. I'm not in a hurry to get a copy, but I can't wait just the same. You're a great gal and I hope to make this homage to a show a regular event. Every tour, let's say. Everyone's invited. We'll see how big we can get Fluffy to make the guest list. Liz you're great and I wish you were closer to Mississippi so we could hang out, at least at concerts.

SurferX thanks for videoing the show. I hope you spread that with Liz's audio, I'm sure it will be great.

That's all I can think of. I had a great time and the show was great, even if Fluffy says it was abbreviated. I had never understood that when people said TR played the guitar and the keyboard at the same time that they actually meant he was PLAYING the KEYBOARD and GUITAR at the SAME TIME. It's hard to understand if you don't see it. The fret hand was just playing away like usual, but instead of picking with the right hand, it was busy on the keyboard. That just blew my mind.

-what-
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:29:56 PM
1024 x 768

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
tericee Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:29:23 PM
The little inventory sticker just says 17", but I probably have my monitor set at a different resolution. I'll check that out right now.

teri

KevinLesko Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:25:34 PM
Jesus, just how big is it??? I'm using a 20 inch screen right now! You must have a movie screen!

tericee Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:20:42 PM
Or maybe you should buy a new monitor... Mine is big enough that the Captain's post doesn't cause any scrolling at all.

Of course the gov't owns my monitor. (Your tax dollars at work!) If I were at home I'd be scrolling back and forth just like you.

teri

KevinLesko Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:17:15 PM
Ahoy der Captain: You may want to edit your post so that the "ahhh" doesn't take up the whole page and cause side to side scrolling. I think this is one of the official unwritten (written?) laws of the BOARD now.

KevinLesko Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:11:31 PM

OKOK... I guess i left myself open again to this one...
quote:
KevinLesko said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eating out with friends is one of my favorite things to do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now edit this a little bit.....

quote:

Eating out friends is one of my favorite things to do

BUT: What Jason said sure doesn't need any editing...

quote:
Sorry for leaving your bed in disarray. Hehheee....

KevinLesko Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:08:40 PM
Glad to hear you can drive legally again... NOW JUST REMEMBER TO KEEP THOSE LIGHTS ON!!!!!!

tericee Posted - 06/01/2002 : 7:58:11 PM
Hey guys, I forgot to mention before I wend out of town last month that I NOW HAVE LEGAL LICENSE PLATES ON MY CAR! Unlike my pretty Virginia plates, they are ugly California ones that don't even match my cute little green Cabrio. PLUS, they have some stupid made up number instead of the ever popular QTASABG. I'm so sad, but I'm legal so that's something.

teri

pcbTIM Posted - 05/31/2002 : 11:10:42 PM
Hahaha!!! I know! It's good to be back. Just keep reading (hehe).

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
LizT Posted - 05/31/2002 : 11:06:22 PM
You naughty boy Patrick!!! Glad to see you back!!

pcbTIM Posted - 05/31/2002 : 11:04:04 PM
KevinLesko said:
quote:

Eating out with friends is one of my favorite things to do

now edit this a little bit.....

quote:

Eating out friends is one of my favorite things to do

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
genome Posted - 05/29/2002 : 6:23:48 PM
TRippa.....Holy cow...I just looked at that picture....was that your own private show he played for you or what? How the heck did you get such a great shot? I'm amazed. Great one, by the way.

Xar666 Posted - 05/29/2002 : 4:15:42 PM
Now all of you need to come to Texas! Fluffy...

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
tericee Posted - 05/29/2002 : 1:57:19 PM
quote:

I had never understood that when people said TR played the guitar and the keyboard at the same time that they actually meant he was PLAYING the KEYBOARD and GUITAR at the SAME TIME. It's hard to understand if you don't see it. The fret hand was just playing away like usual, but instead of picking with the right hand, it was busy on the keyboard. That just blew my mind.

You got that right! Here's a picture therippa took at one of the Bay Area shows of the simultaneous playing:
http://www.velocity.net/~dbaker/jason/DSC00131.JPG
(It was so big I didn't want to link straight to it... anybody know how to make it smaller?)

Just got the link for the VIDEO of this phenomenon from therippa in a different post. (No sound though -- bummer.) Here you go: http://www.velocity.net/~dbaker/jason/MOV00118.MPG

teri

tericee Posted - 05/28/2002 : 10:03:16 PM
quote:

Teri thank you so much for showing me around and putting up with me for a night. And thanks for solving many of my transportation problems and all that you did. You can't imagine how much I appreciate it. I had a good time. Sorry for leaving your bed in disarray. Hehheee....

You are totally welcome. Meeting you has provided me with a whole new story to tell. (Note: My friend Sheri couldn't believe I had randomly met somebody from her Grandfather's TINY home town.) Plus I now have somebody to visit in Mississippi!

I'm sorry you had to leave LA before we the San Juan Capistrano. We totally missed you at that show... It was definitely a full set -- and to top that off, TIM played more acoustic than he had at HOB. (That may have been, sad to say, because of TIM's coughing trouble, but at least it got annoying audience members to stop yelling "Acoustic!" at the top of their lungs.)

I think I forgot to have you sign the guest book, so you'll have to come visit again sometime.

teri

tericee Posted - 05/28/2002 : 9:58:56 PM
I had missed it! Thanks Liz! I was out in Southern Maryland this week -- soooo close to Delaware, but not able to get up there. However, the East Coast is my home and I will end up there again sooner or later!

I'm into meeting everyone at a show sometime; just let me know when and where. (BTW, if I have a month's notice, it will be easier to get the time off...)

teri

LizT Posted - 05/28/2002 : 9:05:42 PM
HI TERI!!! I thought this should go back to the top in case you missed it! We just want you to know how special you are!!! Love Ya!!

KevinLesko Posted - 05/26/2002 : 4:15:34 PM
That really was a great day, and a day that I wont soon forget. While we are on the subject of thanking... Thanks for Lunch Liz and Jason. Eating out with friends is one of my favorite things to do, and the fact that we got to do it and meet for the first time made it super speacial. I was my pleasure to give you guys a ride, I'm sure you both would have done he same for me.

As far as Fluffy, Tim, and Rew go, I really don't know what to say. Honost to god, I feel like you guys really made me a part of your little family for that week and it was beyond amazing. A simple 'thank you' just doesnt seem like enough.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 05/24/2002 : 9:00:32 PM
well i was having a bad day till i read this. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! group hug. c'mon everyboty!!!!!

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
LizT Posted - 05/23/2002 : 6:33:44 PM
You are welcome Evergreen! We must see a TR show together someTIMe!

Evergreen Posted - 05/23/2002 : 12:08:00 PM
Liz said:
quote:
Thanks for playing Backdoor! And to hear it twice! We were outside and the door was open and could hear the soundcheck

I didn't get to hear it that night but I sure felt it. Allllll the way over here in the East. Thanx TR! Thanx Liz! Those healing waves reached me.

Fluffy Posted - 05/23/2002 : 06:08:03 AM
You guys are making me all teary eyed, I am glad you all had such a great TIMe!!! I hope we can make it a regular occurence as someone suggested. That would be awesome. I love the idea of getting the whole gang together. One big party with TR jamming. Can't think of a better TIMe. Good music and good friends.(and great fans)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 05/23/2002 : 05:55:35 AM
Jason you are just a sweetie! It was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out. I'm looking forward to more shows and hoping to see you again! Now it's my turn to thank everyone again. I wasn't quite as organized and randomly thanked everyone in the different posts.

Teri What can I say but many thanks again to you! You are exremely kind to haul me around everywhere and show me the sites! And to top it off, you let me stay at your house. I was a little afraid to go on the trip and you made me feel very safe. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please let me know. I'm still searching for something very special to send to you! And thanks for picking me up and taking me to the airport too! You made my vacation so much fun and I will never forget that!

Fluffy You are so lucky to have such a great sis! Thanks for everything Fluffy! Like Jason said, I feel very special to be on TR's guest list. How awesome is that! That is so cool that you got me a soundboard hookup, many thanks!! You are the BEST tour manager! and a sweetie too!

Kevin What a doll! Isn't that unbelievable we are both from Jersey and the towns are so close! That just blows my mind. Whenever you make your way back east, be sure to look me up!Thanks for driving me to the HOB show. I enjoyed having lunch with you and Jason and hanging out at the HOB. TIMe goes by too fast when you want to enjoy it a little longer. Thanks for the pics too!!

Patrick Glad you made it to the show. I still laugh when I think about you calling Teri's cell phone. I don't know how we missed you riding by!!LOL! So nice to meet you.

TR You are the most awesome guitar player in the universe! And the kindest!! Thanks for spending TIMe with us. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for playing Backdoor! And to hear it twice! We were outside and the door was open and could hear the soundcheck. I can't thank you enough for putting us on the guestlist, allowing me to take pics and recording the show!!

Tim Rew It was good to see you again!!!Thanks for keepng these guys safe on the road! You are sooo funny!

SurferX Nice meeting you! Glad you video taped the show. I promise you will get a copy of the audio. I hope you find it acceptable, listening wise. I just an amateur taper...but it's fun! Anyone interested is welcome to a copy, I'll post it when it's ready!

I will never forget the wonderful trip to Cali and all the wonderful people I was fortunate enough to meet! I'm very lucky to have all of you as friends!!! Big hugs to everyone!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000