Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Widespread Panic.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/05/2002 : 6:17:06 PM
So does anyone here like Panic? Or has anyone even heard of them. I'm not sure if it's just more or less a Southern (local) thing or if they have made the big scene yet?

Anyway, their guitarist has some sickness (I wanna say cancer, not sure), and the guy that's taking his place for the tour (which is more or less perpetual) is a guy I know! George. I bought my 12 string Alvarez from him. That's pretty cool to me, anyway.

-what-
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/25/2002 : 8:07:39 PM
hold on, what happened?!? who died from the panic, and how???

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
powdrdogdmb Posted - 08/25/2002 : 7:50:07 PM
It is indeed true. I'm now back from Europe, and online again - and I have just heard the bad news. Michael Houser played music that was well received by Widespread audiences and he truly knew how to listen to the other members of the group, which I think is rare with many bands out today. A Widespread show won't be the same without him and he will be dearly missed.
Rest in Peace M.H. January 6, 1962 - August 10, 2002

-Winston
Life isn't what you take from this world but what you make of it.
powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/12/2002 : 5:29:37 PM
Any news from the homefront...is this official...how bad...the team overseas needs to know - need the info.
Peace Be With
-WBB
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/07/2002 : 1:24:32 PM
They are HUGE across the south. Just a great jam band.
-J

victorwootenfan Posted - 05/07/2002 : 1:20:32 PM
yeah i def. think that panic is starting to leave the local/underground circuit. They're just a killer band! i haven't heard the recordings with the dirty dozen brass band yet. Is that pretty good stuff there?

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
BigEyedPhish Posted - 05/07/2002 : 12:48:03 PM

i am a huge fan of WP!! i think they are starting to reach a more nation wide crowd. my cousin traveled around for their summer tour last yeah (a trip i wish i could have taken) and he said it was unbelievable!!! hopefully someday i will be able to find enough TIMe to do that

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/07/2002 : 12:11:20 PM
George the new guy IS great. And he's really nice, too. It isn't actually one of HIS guitars, but I bought it from him at the music store he worked at (Django's). So I'm not that special.

-what-
Evergreen Posted - 05/07/2002 : 09:09:16 AM
They're awesome! One of my favorite "jam" bands. I've been listening and seeing them live for years. and have lots of live recorded shows. Their shows are so much fun. A jam band that makes you want to dance dance dance. It really sucks about their guitarist having cancer. Cancer sucks!!! It's always taking something away from someone. Life, love, happiness, your dog!

However, it is so awesome that you own one of the new guitarist's guitars. I've heard rave reviews about George the new guy. So far his talent and reputation has proceeded him. I hope they keep touring a lot.

Saint Jude Posted - 05/06/2002 : 10:48:20 PM
heard of them, havent heard them.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/06/2002 : 8:22:15 PM
I can't seem to find anything on the web about them switching guitarists. Hope someone wasn't misinformed....I'll see soon. Maybe I'll ask tomorrow.

And while I'm on local stuff...has anyone here heard of the Kudzu Kings? Just curious. Actually, that's where George (now of Panic) was before his move. I know a bunch of the Kudzu Kings too, so that's pretty cool. I think they'll be pretty big soon, so check them out.

And genome, I believe Panic might have a girl sing on one album, but I'm not sure. I think I remember it...I don't know I guess is the best thing for me to say.

-what-
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/05/2002 : 9:11:03 PM
panic is awesome! i love the song "can't get high" and also "don't tell the band." their really really good, i hope to get some more recordings of them soon.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
genome Posted - 05/05/2002 : 9:07:21 PM
Do they someTIMes have a girl singer? Not always, but someTIMes?

Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/05/2002 : 8:41:12 PM
They are great... I saw them 3 years ago, but was a little disappointed in their live performance. I think it may have been an off night.
-J

MC Posted - 05/05/2002 : 7:08:40 PM
I love the Panic. They put on an amazing live show too. "Till the Medicine Takes" is one of the greatest albums I have ever heard in my life. Everyone of the board show own that album. I wish I could make it to Bonnaroo this year, its gonna be a sweet weekend in Tennessee.

MC

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/05/2002 : 6:29:15 PM
quote:

So does anyone here like Panic?

Anyway, their guitarist has some sickness (I wanna say cancer, not sure), -what-

I'm a big fan, their Oak Mountain concert DVD is one of the few discs I brought with me to keep me happy over here. Let me know what you hear, he's (Michael Houser I think is his name - if that's the one that has become ill) a badass on the guitar and is one of the most original out there in my opinion.
Peace Be With

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000