Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Local H & FuManChu

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/03/2002 : 5:57:33 PM
I don't know if there are any Local H or Fumanchu fans around here, but i went and saw them last night at the kentucky derby, and The kicked everyone's ass, plus i got to hang out with them and get autographs and so on, it was fun, just had to tell someone, lol

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/21/2002 : 04:55:35 AM
Hey NeKAD, still anxious to hear your CD!!! Still want to send me one. Anxious to hear your originals and interesting acoustic covers. Maybe I could trade you a TR autograph. HEHE
Fluffy Posted - 10/28/2002 : 10:17:10 AM
Hey Brandy, I managed to get the QOTSA CD with the bonus DVD disc. Thanx for the tip! I listened to the CD and it is FANTASTIC, but I have not had a chance to check out the DVD. Hey SourGirl, sorry you had to endure "that band with the name that is far to long for a band name"(Hey, maybe I should use that for a band name. Whatta ya think?)but I tried to warn you. HEHE
pcbTIM Posted - 09/13/2002 : 5:10:58 PM
Then maybe they should change their name to "And you will know us by the trail of deaf ears"

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
SourGirl Posted - 09/13/2002 : 2:45:21 PM
I seen the band "And you will know us by the trail of dead" lastniht on Conan.God they were awful.I was so tired but I had seen where Fluffy had posted about them so I had to stay awake to check them out. I should have went to bed. They were that bad.
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 11:23:12 PM
Luckily I am travelling, so if I can't find it one place, maybe another. We are gonna give it a shot tomorrow here in Philly. Wish me luck.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
usefulidiot76 Posted - 09/09/2002 : 4:42:42 PM
yeah, i found out the dvd was limited. i bought the cd last week....last one there. *whew*

-brandy-
usefulidiot76@hotmail.com
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 07:14:31 AM
It turns out the bonus DVD is limited edition. I am going to try and buy it tomorrow on our day off. I am also going to get the new Mudhoney CD. Review I read sounds awesome. MC5 meets Iggy and the Stooges. Anybody heard it? Speaking of Iggy, we have been playing the hell out of his latest album "Beat 'em Up". If you don't have it yet, I highly recommend checking it out.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
usefulidiot76 Posted - 09/02/2002 : 8:48:15 PM
as far as i know it's not a limited edition...but i need to check that out b/c i don't have the new cd yet myself. my cousin has it and i am borrowing it at the time.

-brandy-
Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2002 : 8:26:27 PM
Hey Brandy, I have not heard the new one. The last one I got was Rated R. I just heard about the new one at he failed show the other nite. I am quite excited. I am sure I will pick it up at some point while out on this tour. I can't wait to hear it. Is the DVD extra limited edition or anything, do I need to get it fast before I can't get one? I did not hear about that part. Thanx for the tip. I will let you know what I think when I get it, but I am sure I will like it, I have never not liked any of their CD's.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
usefulidiot76 Posted - 09/02/2002 : 8:16:45 PM
i wanna see QOTSA as well....but i looked up tour dates and they aren't coming anywhere near me. *tear
hey fluffy...have you heard their new cd Songs for the Deaf? it's bad ass. it has a dvd with it, it shows dave grohl going off on the drums. as for Local H and Fu Manchu...i was there at the concert....but i didnt get to meet them. i had to stay and hold our spots b/c we were up front and everything was in perfect view....

-brandy-
Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2002 : 8:10:06 PM
BUMMER, BUMMER, BUMMER The last show I worked at 9:30 Club before I left was supposed to be Queens of the Stone Age. Well they postponed until the 10th and now I will miss them again. Rew and I missed them on the last tour with Dave Grohl on drums at the club by a couple of days. I was really hoping to see them this TIMe around. Fucked again!! They cancelled our show on Friday but played in Boston on Sunday. I think they were just trying to fuck me over. They succeeded. So I was stuck working a show I ended up despising. The opening band wasn't too bad, they were called French Toast. It is a 2 piece like Local H. Drummer and Guitarist/vocalist. They rocked!! Very different from Local H though. I was told later that that is a Fugazi related band. Apparently the main guy is the 5th member of Fugazi and the other guy is Guy's(pronounced Gee as in Geese)brother. The were pretty kewl. Unfortunately the fill in headliner for the evening bit the big one in my opinion. First, their name is just to damn long, "...and they will know us by the trail of dead". That is just to fucking long for a band name. They had alot of energy onstage and seemed to put on an energetic show but I thought the music was utter crap. Just my opinion of course, and I was certainly in the minority as there were about 750 paying customers who loved them. To each his own, I certainly won't be seeing them again. Hopefully I will get to see Queens of the Stone Age. HOPE HOPE HOPE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 08/27/2002 : 05:50:00 AM
I am a big fan of both as well. I even like earlier Live. There later stuff sounded a bit rehashed to me but they are a good band as well and very, very nice to work with.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 08/26/2002 : 11:57:09 PM
awesome man, they both kick ass anyway

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/26/2002 : 3:16:54 PM
I went to see Live, and Local H and Tracy Bonham opened for them, and both kicked ass. Local H and Tracy and her band actually were in the audience for Live's set too, so I got to meet them, while jamming to Live, it was pretty cool.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Fluffy Posted - 08/26/2002 : 07:29:11 AM
If you have sundays I think you would come before TR. You would have to have Tuesdays to FOLLOW in his footsteps.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 08/01/2002 : 4:44:14 PM
Well if were to follow anyones footsteps, Those would be the ones i would choose, hahaha.
Joe

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Fluffy Posted - 08/01/2002 : 3:29:50 PM
That's kewl!! TR's Millers spot was Mondays. Just TR all nite on Mondays, every Monday. Could you imagine? It boggles the mind!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 08/01/2002 : 3:19:01 PM
consider it done, i just accepted a spot playing at a club every sunday, all acoustic, all me. So i might get a live recording of that.

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Fluffy Posted - 08/01/2002 : 2:57:11 PM
You can email it to me and I will get it when we start the new tour. I may not get to send it to you until the tour is over or we have a break, but I will get it to ya. Glad your back and can't wait to hear the tunes. If you can try to get your sister to record something as well. I told her I would love to hear her playing as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 08/01/2002 : 2:54:39 PM
Sorry I didnt even know yall were still posting on this thread. Ok....Yea i havent forgotten about the autograph!!!! Anyway Im not done with the CD, Im doing it all myself, acoustic no other instruments and im recording it on my computer so as soon as i finish it Fluffy, you, will be the first to get it, bet on that. But anyways, yeah id be more than willing to give you an address to send a autograph to....it would make my Year.
Joe

Using the Force Daily
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Fluffy Posted - 07/29/2002 : 5:51:40 PM
TTT now that NeKAD is back, although he doesn't seem to care about my comments. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/04/2002 : 04:00:39 AM
quote:

Hey NeKAD, did you ever send me a CD of your stuff. I am still very interested to hear it. Haven't seen you on in a while. Have seen your sister.

I very much noticed this as well...I thought NeKAD even got to do something with the website for a little while (or was he only talking about it...either way). Be good to have him (and her) back around..

AND I used to be BIG into Local H. Well, not BIG, maybe. I liked them a lot. High Five.

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 07/03/2002 : 5:05:21 PM
Hey NeKaD or anyone else interested, here is a link to a great interview with Fu Manchu. Check it out:

http://www.lollipop.com/article_dyn.php3?reviews_id=1194&band_id=546

Here are upcoming tour dates if someone wants to check them out.

7/3 - san francisco, ca - justice league
7/5 - portland, or - berbatis pan
7/6 - seattle, wa - crocodile cafe
7/7 - vancouver, canada - richards on richards
7/8 - calgary, canada - macewan ballroom
7/9 - edmonton, canada - rev caberet
7/13 - denver, co - ogden
7/15 - chicago,il - double door
7/17 - toronto, canada - opera house
7/18 - baltimore, md - otto bar
7/19 - new york, ny - bowery ballroom
7/20 - cleveland, oh - peabodys
7/22 - nashville, tn - exit inn
7/24 - atlanta, ga - cotton club
7/25 - new orleans, la - parish room
7/26 - houston, tx - engine room
7/27 - austin, tx - emos
7/28 - dallas, tx - galaxy
7/30 - albuquerque, nm - launch pad "tentative"
7/31 - phoenix, az - mason jar
8/1 - los angeles, ca - troubadour
8/2 - san diego, ca - casbah
speedealer and brand new sin will be opening the whole tour. spaceboy will be
opening the beginning and end of the tour, so get there early.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 06/19/2002 : 03:03:05 AM
Hey NeKAD, did you ever send me a CD of your stuff. I am still very interested to hear it. Haven't seen you on in a while. Have seen your sister. Hey Kaleigh, if you talk to your brother pass on this message to him for me. Thanx!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 05/21/2002 : 06:46:47 AM
I don't know that they are all that well known, but amongst me and my music peers they are considered AWESOME!!! They are playing a show in DC at the 9:30 Club on June 2nd. I hope we make it back in TIMe for the show because it is kinda of a one of a kind performance. Apparently, Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters and Nirvana is going to be playing drums at the show. I really hope we get to see it. Should be really KEWL!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 05/04/2002 : 6:33:52 PM
I've yet to hear FuManChu, but I do like Local H. And funny you should mention Queens of the Stoned Age, They are from my home town... they used tp play at all the lil local spots. I knew they made it national but I had no idea they ae that well known... HOORAY for them!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 3:08:40 PM
You could probably even talk me into getting one for you one night in LA. And that will be in just a couple of weeks.

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 07:26:46 AM
Hey NEKAD, you ain't got to beg. I would be happy to accomodate you. Just remind me toward the end of the tour and I will get if for you before we part ways. No worries!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:28:30 PM
Dude you talk to tim constantly, c'mon man, get me an autograph, ive met and got them from EVERYONE except my hero..
im sure you could so....somthing....muhahahah!!!!!!
even for a fellow musician like me, lol

Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:23:55 PM
I remember on the TR3 tours when people thought the Ministry cover and Prodigy cover were TIM songs, pretty funny stuff.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:16:18 PM
ah yes you come ill be here, i am pleased at this new founded in commoness, no one around here likes Tim or Those bands, and i adore them all, im a Louisville Acoustic musician, and i play those covers some times and people think i wrote them, i just sigh and think, god has no one heard good bands before?
Lemme know when you get near Louisville.

Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:13:35 PM
That is very kewl, when were on the acoustic tour with TR he was trying to work out an instrumental version of a Fear Factory song for the acoustic guitar. The juxtaposition of ideas is great. Keep it up. Hopefully we will see you soon. Oh and by the way, LOVE QotSA as well!! Rated R is a great CD!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:08:47 PM
Fluffy Fluffy, i already am into those bands,
but man i hung out with the guys from Local H, all two of em, and FUmanchu, and it was the shit, yea i love Queens of the Stone Age two, met them last month, these bands come to play the clubs i play at in louisville and i get to meet em, only person ive yet to meet is Tim, and i wait. But the guys from queens are great, i play alot of queens and local H covers. solo acoustic versions that is.

Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:04:14 PM
I am a huge fan of BOTH bands!! Does Local H still just have the guitarist and drummer? They are amazing live!! Just the 2 of them but it sounds like HUGE aural onslaught and Fu Manchu is nothing but an amazing aural onslaught. I am way into Fu Manchu and bands like that, what most people refer to as "stoner rock"(boy, I hate labels). You should check out Kyuus, Monster Magnet, Unida, Orange Goblin, Nebula, Lowrider etc etc etc.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/03/2002 : 5:59:49 PM
oh yeah, and these two chicks started making out, and the local radio station The Fox was there and they got these girls and lifted them up on thier Van, and they we're making out half naked for all to see, it was crazy, Local H yelled "get the whores off the damn van, this is music time!" it was great.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000