Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Whoa, cool little experience..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/30/2002 : 11:43:29 PM
I was sitting in my room studying and listening to Tim rip it up on a Two Step solo when all of a sudden all the power goes out. It was kinda freaky at first, since it was so pitch black. Thankfully, my mom keeps old X-Mas candles, and we lit them up. I had alot of homework that night, and my mom went to lay down in her room. So it was just me, sitting at a table with my notes and steno pad, along with only 2 candles. . .I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time. It was such a cool treat to be able to study by candle light, hearing the rain fall and wind blow.
I quote Stephen King: "I even wrote one night) during a power outage) by candle light. One rarely finds such opportunities in the twenty-first century, and they are to be savored"
Well, eventually, the damn power came back on, and I can only wait for it to happen again.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 05/21/2002 : 07:38:13 AM
I paid the bill, it was all due to storms. Act of God kinda shit. Guess he was testing me. I failed miserably.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/05/2002 : 01:43:26 AM
The journey of our posts.

-what-
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 11:04:33 PM
from two step solo, to storms, to
not paying bills.....oh how the topics morph as they go,
such a fun thing to watch....
(so what im high, who asked yall)

pcbTIM Posted - 05/04/2002 : 10:54:59 PM
"What about bills?"
"You know......I never really liked paying bills.......I think I'll stop that too."

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 2:40:00 PM
You could initiate this power outage effect and also save a lot of money...you could not pay your bill. Oohh, wait, Fluffy...did you not pay your bill again?

-what-
{=HTG=} Posted - 05/04/2002 : 2:15:35 PM
Yeah, storms are great when your at home wanted to relax. But when your driving and it starts to pour, thats a diffrent story.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 10:30:05 AM
I guess it isn't quite the same if you just turn out the lights. My power went out for 2 days directly before I left for the tour. Unfortunately I could not appreciate it the way you did, as I had much work to do to get ready to go. I do love the rain and storms though. Maybe next TIMe I won't have to go anywhere or do anything and I can stop and savor the moment.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/02/2002 : 12:18:25 PM
man, that kinda makes me want the power to go off. good story/experiance!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/02/2002 : 12:18:03 PM
man, that kinda makes me want the power to go off!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Saint Jude Posted - 05/01/2002 : 11:18:27 PM
I remember a few years back (like 6 or so maybe) but it was my birthday (july 4th for those who dont know.) and we had a really freaking bad storm, and lit the house w/ my b day cake candles.... and others, but still, crazy.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
{=HTG=} Posted - 05/01/2002 : 9:54:41 PM
Stephen King it is. Hell yeah, Dreamcatcher is awesome. So is Desperation. Good reading.

Jay Posted - 05/01/2002 : 8:34:23 PM
quote:
"I even wrote one night) during a power outage) by candle light. One rarely finds such opportunities in the twenty-first century, and they are to be savored"

That is from Dreamcatcher, Right? I read that over the summer, and it was one of his best...i didn't enjoy it as much as Misery and the Shining, but more than Desparation and the Regulators. I love SK.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
pcbTIM Posted - 05/01/2002 : 7:10:52 PM
Silky said:
quote:

I'd just be glad it's one of them 'respectable' books.

The only way you would know he was mentioned in a book was if it wasn't a respectable book.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/01/2002 : 6:44:48 PM
I just can't wait to get the book. Maybe I'll feel important.

-What-
dirtysloth Posted - 05/01/2002 : 2:57:54 PM
That's awesome J. Congrats!

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/01/2002 : 2:11:12 PM
I'm right there with you... for whatever reason, power going out at night is one of the simple pleasures in life. The problem is, you can't recreate it if the power is working... it just doesn't feel the same. And Jason that is really cool that you are going to be in a book... I'd just be glad it's one of them 'respectable' books.
-J

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/01/2002 : 12:26:56 AM
You know what's another damn rare thing in the 21st Century? Finding people that care about the more important thing's in life, like the seldomness of sitting by candlight, leave it to a musician though,

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/01/2002 : 12:20:49 AM
I'll add my own cool little experience of the day...

So I get this email from a girl who used to live here in my town with whom I was good friends. We are both biologists, and she was working with a PhD on campus doing research. So one Saturday (a long time ago) she asks me if I want to go collect samples with her at the Biological Field Station. I didn't have anything to do, so I went. I ended up catching a butterfly that's not even really supposed to be native to our area...

Anyway, she submitted her research and data way back when, and she got an email from the PhD telling her that her research was going to be published and was about to go to press right now. AND he asked her if my name should be included in the research credits. Of course she said yes (because she's nice and it will look good for me). So I will be in the credits of a book!

That might not be a big deal to most people, or maybe lots of people have their name in the credits (hell, maybe you've even written books) but its pretty important and cool to me. Maybe even resume worthy...???

-What-

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000