Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Everyone send me some good Karma.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/30/2002 : 08:35:46 AM
I'm going to apply for a new job today. I will be applying for the position "Associate R&D Biologist" at the National Center for Physical Acoustics. It would be a pretty great job for me to have.

So please, everyone hope and think about me getting this job. I would be extatic if I got it.

This would be a great job... .pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.............

-What-
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 05/21/2002 : 6:23:53 PM
By the way, get your ass back here on the message board! LOL!

LizT Posted - 05/21/2002 : 6:22:42 PM
Hey Jason.......Still sending that good karma! Hope it works.

Fluffy Posted - 05/21/2002 : 06:40:13 AM
Hey Jason, we missed you in SJC and Solano Beach. Hope your return trip was OK and you returned to a positive message on your machine.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 3:26:48 PM
That of course assumes that they will be trying to call me. And you know what happens when you assume. (You make an ass out of Uma Thurman.)

-what-
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 3:26:06 PM
So I called Mr. Lee and he said that they would start calling people in a week or two. Actually, what he said was that they'd call me in a week or two, but I think he was meaning it in a general sense, not that he was in fact intending to call me specifically, but that I was part of a larger list, and names on that list would be called. So I do stand a chance of being called.

Everyone still hope that I get called. Damnit, I'll be in Cali when they are trying to call. I'll have to leave a good message on my machine. DAMNIT.

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 10:08:43 AM
Ancient Chinese Secret HUH?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/03/2002 : 08:27:00 AM
Wooohoooo!! Cause I'll be in LA in about a week and a half...whooohoooo....

Yeah, I'm going to call today. I hope I can understand this chinese guy that I'm going to call....

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 05:45:11 AM
Hey Jason, I was gonna SEND KARMA but the shipping was so damn expensive. You would not believe how much it costs to send Karma these days. Anyway, I will wish you luck and much of it. You can let me know how it went in LA!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/02/2002 : 4:17:45 PM
Definitely call... it shows interest and assertiveness.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/02/2002 : 4:05:35 PM
I'll definately do that....when it's Friday...

Because it isn't Friday here yet... Tomorrow I'll call (from work). That's odd to me. I've never gotten a job while I already have a job. But I'll be all nice and all on the phone. Problem is, I think the guy is Asian, and I'm not sure how well he's going to speak my language, so I might have trouble on the phone with him. Well, I'm going to call anyway.. tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and support!

-What-
powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/02/2002 : 1:49:46 PM
Hey, I worked in an Entomology lab for a summer, and by calling to "confirm the review" or receipt of my application, I'm sure it really helped me land the internship. If it's been a week, it's TIMe to call for sure, and since it's Friday, you may just want to call them up, be very courteous, and leave a good impression with them over the weekend - and make sure you at least try to speak with a decision maker if you are speaking with a secretary, but they can be helpful too - by putting your file on top, etc. so make sure you are always nice on the phone. Hope that helps man, and good luck once again,
WBB

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/02/2002 : 12:40:24 PM
DAMNIT, you guys's Karma just isn't working...

Just kidding...maybe I WILL have to beat down their door. I'm willing to do that. Problem is, I don't know the protocol for this kind of thing...how long do I wait, what do I say, etc...

Anyone know or have suggestions?

And working all day defeats the possibility of just "dropping by."

Anywho...

-What-
powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/02/2002 : 09:42:15 AM
They never are to eager, you kinda have to beat down their doors, check out the "Getting to know you post" I finally listed everything people here could possibly want to know about me so far... But I'm studying abroad for the TIMe being and I want to go into med-school when I get back, unfort. I'm wait listed, so I'm knocking on wood every day - maybe send me back some good Karma (LOL) but we shall see. If it doesn't work out, I'll be looking for a job with my B.S. in Bio when I get back, or whatever else comes up.
-WBB

"Keep Hope Alive..."

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/01/2002 : 6:46:25 PM
One biology grad to another huh? Cool.... what are you doing now?

I keep coming home (both days) and hoping to see a message blinking on my machine...but to no avail. I guess they feel like they can't be too eager to get me into the job...

I can't blame them.

-What-
powdrdogdmb Posted - 05/01/2002 : 4:10:11 PM
Viel Glueck! or good luck. And if they accept applicants in the fall (after you get the job of course) let me know when I get back into the country, after all I'll be looking for a job when I get home - All the Best from one biology graduate to another
WBB

Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/01/2002 : 3:11:00 PM
I've seen that in a movie at one time... something to do with a college interview I think. Anyone else remember?
-J

Isaac Posted - 05/01/2002 : 2:53:00 PM
"Isaac, please tell me that you didn't hurl on an interviewers desk"

I haven't, but I one day hope too MWAHAHA

3----------------------->

Isaac
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/01/2002 : 2:17:00 PM
quote:
calculus

Ahhhh kill it kill it!

pcbTIM Posted - 05/01/2002 : 03:07:02 AM
Wow....that sounds so........boring! But to each his own! After all, I'm one of those people who actually enjoys calculus.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/30/2002 : 6:25:08 PM
Ok, I went by the University and dropped off an application and a resume (it's a University job), and then I took a resume to the NCPA. So if all goes as planned, I'll be happily employed there within a month...hehe..if it were only that simple...

Associate R&D Biologist:
quote:

The successful applicant will be part of the Imported Fire Ants Research Team. Applicants must have a B.S. in Biology, Entomology or a closely related field. Applicant must possess some knowledge of insect behavior, preferably with some insect research experience. Position involves working with imported fire ants. The successful candidate must interact well with other investigators, work effectively in multi-disciplinary research settings, effectively supervise and train other technical staff/students, and possess verbal and written skills needed for report preparation. Applicant must also have basic computer and math skills.

Wheeee, imported fire ants....

-What-
dirtysloth Posted - 04/30/2002 : 5:40:46 PM
Good luck with that Jason. What exactly would an Associate R&D Biologist at the National Center for Physical Acoustics do? Sounds pretty interesting.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
NeverKillADream Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:57:44 PM
Hey i just call 'em like i see 'em, lol

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:42:24 PM
no worries man, best of luck to ya, and just go in there and nail the flippin' interview!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:38:08 PM
Good luck Jason... hope it works out for ya.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:24:25 PM
Oh, and I should say this...by "apply" I actually did mean "apply." I'm taking my resume and an application to the place today, not going for an interview... I hope the interview will come soon.

-You guys should see my references.-
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:23:06 PM
quote:

No need to walk up in there all nervous, just remember, being a musician, you are one of a select few that understand what the fabric of the universe is, and man, you the shit, lol, so go get that job, period, no worries.
-Joe

I believe this inspires more conficence in me than anything. You seem like a nice person NKAD.

Thanks everyone.

-What-
NeverKillADream Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:17:50 PM
No need to walk up in there all nervous, just remember, being a musician, you are one of a select few that understand what the fabric of the universe is, and man, you the shit, lol, so go get that job, period, no worries.
-Joe

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:14:55 PM
Thanks everyone...and Isaac, please tell me that you didn't hurl on an interviewers desk...

-What-
Isaac Posted - 04/30/2002 : 12:00:20 PM
Godspeed bro

Try not to hurl on the interviewers desk, they HATE that!

or so i've heard

3----------------------->

Isaac
NeverKillADream Posted - 04/30/2002 : 11:25:56 AM
Hell yea man, And may the force be with you....
-Joe

LizT Posted - 04/30/2002 : 09:05:34 AM
Good karma heading your way Jason!!! Good luck!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000