Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Fake id to get to tim concert

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jorgy Posted - 04/26/2002 : 01:50:26 AM
This is the only way I will be able to see tim play in Dever at the bluebird. How shitty is that?

41   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 05/31/2002 : 10:23:21 PM
quote:

Unless of course you want to rent a car or run for office.

Oh don't get me started on the number of TIMes that I wasn't allowed to run for office because of my age!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
genome Posted - 05/26/2002 : 5:10:22 PM
Luckily, however, as it is now, you can still rent an office and run for a car whenever you like.

genome Posted - 05/26/2002 : 5:09:17 PM
Unless of course you want to rent a car or run for office.

LizT Posted - 05/26/2002 : 4:47:50 PM
I'm happy for you Kev, sounds like you had a great TIMe! You will be 21 before you know it and won't have to stress over the age restrictions.

genome Posted - 05/26/2002 : 4:44:38 PM
Man, that's great Kevin. I was wondering how you got some of those awesome pics...the ones that make it look like TR is playing to the audience of guitars, as I said elsewhere.

Freekin' awesome story.

KevinLesko Posted - 05/26/2002 : 4:07:23 PM
and I REALLY appreciate you doing that for me Fluff. I know I thanked you a million times that night, but THANKS AGAIN!

Believe it or not that guy Junior got increasingly nicer to me as the night progressed. At first he wouldnt let me in, but by the middle of the concert I think he realized that we were telling the truth the whole time, I really was there for the music, and I wasnt going to drink or do anything to get anyone in trouble. During the show he even brought me a Coke, and he asked if I wanted to go up to the balcony area to take a few pics up there. The most surprising part was that he let me into the bar area after the show was over so I could say goodbye to you up at the Merch table.

That was certainly a night I'll never forget!

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 05/24/2002 : 9:06:17 PM
off the subject i kno but anyof u guys ever look @ the little smiley on Fluffy siniture. u kno the one w/ the green spinning thingy like radar? well i've been starin 2 it for like 15 minutes before if figured oot that i should get back to postin'.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Fluffy Posted - 05/23/2002 : 07:38:10 AM
Gotta look out for the TR Task Force when I can.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 05/22/2002 : 11:17:13 PM
Fluffy that's awesome you got Kevin into the show. Kevin is such a nice guy. And so are you for getting him in there!

Fluffy Posted - 05/21/2002 : 08:30:57 AM
Believe it or not, even that doesn't work sometimes. You should see what I had to go thru to get Kevin Lesko into the Belly Up show in Solano Beach. Everything short of promising my first born. Age restrictions suck!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jorgy Posted - 05/07/2002 : 4:54:12 PM
amen genome.

genome Posted - 05/05/2002 : 12:36:09 PM
Yeah, that'd be cool. Just get Fluffy to allow all the underage people wanting in to be on the Crew for the night. They'd get in, everyone'd be happy, and no one would be the worse for it.

pcbTIM Posted - 05/05/2002 : 05:29:12 AM
quote:

like a 19 year old stage hand?

hint hint, Fluffy......

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
tericee Posted - 05/04/2002 : 11:37:07 PM
quote:

It is truly a shame!! It has always been a pet peeve of mine, since I was that age and encountering the same problems. On a related subject, I think it is ridiculous that 18 year old kids can go to war and kill people or die for their country, but they are not considered responsible enuf to enter a club that serves alcohol and listen to music. I know this doesn't help the 17 and unders but still I think it is a valid point.

Those same 18-year-olds ARE allowed to drink at their overseas base as long as it's not in Muslim territory. So it's not ALL unfair.

Okay, so it is unfair, but at least there's a tiny silver lining. They can get drunk before they get shot at...
teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:37:48 PM
dont worrie, i gotcha, if ya havent
noticed, im star wars nerd guitarist, so um, ive said
that a few times...carrie fisher...back in 78...um, yes please!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:35:52 PM
I'd La 'er. (Say that with my souther drawl, and you'll get it, I promise.)

-what-
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:32:48 PM
while you at it... delete this..

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:30:02 PM
We could just delete this whole mess. hehe hehe he hehe

-what-
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:19:51 PM
i know, i was just making a apperance,
since it was my folly an all

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:17:04 PM
alright man, typo.. like ya couldnt
put it all together...

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 8:45:14 PM
The FTP will be back up soon, patients
young skywalker...

Jorgy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 8:30:05 PM
Hey Silkly that is a great idea about the ID thing. I never knew about that. I'm from Nebraska and don't usually have the time to get off of work or school to go see Tim. Sorry about the late reply too. I've been extremely busy with finals.
Does anyone know why sometimes there are solo acoustic videos on the FTP and sometimes they aren't.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 2:19:46 PM
Castration. That's the only answer.

-what-
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/04/2002 : 1:35:30 PM
Just out of curiosity... what would happen if someone playing one of these venues had like a 19 year old stage hand? Would they turn away a member of their crew?
-J

Saint Jude Posted - 05/04/2002 : 12:26:51 PM
[quoteFake id to get to tim concert [/quote]

heh,'id'

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 09:30:33 AM
It is truly a shame!! It has always been a pet peeve of mine, since I was that age and encountering the same problems. On a related subject, I think it is ridiculous that 18 year old kids can go to war and kill people or die for their country, but they are not considered responsible enuf to enter a club that serves alcohol and listen to music. I know this doesn't help the 17 and unders but still I think it is a valid point.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/03/2002 : 11:00:35 AM
Gotcha... it's a shame that some people have to miss out because of their age though. I understand venue rules, but at the same time I feel bad that in some places there is an age limit for music. I guess until all these unfortunate souls are old enough it's either wait it out or fake ID time!
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/03/2002 : 08:35:52 AM
I'm over 21, am I a moot point?

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 07:29:33 AM
Silky asked:
quote:
Fluffy... do you think putting someone that doesn't meet the age requirement on the guest list be a way around it?
It really depends on the club Silky. Some are willing to let me take responsibility for the underage person, others are like the club in Park City that will not bend. Some states have laws that forbid minors in a establishment that serves alcohol. They can be shut down just for having one in the building. There is no way a club is going to take that chance even if I promise them I will personally make sure they don't drink. It has more to do with having them in the building is against the law. Some are more flexible. Really depends. I know what everyone is going thru, it happened to me countless TIMes growing up. I remember one TIMe I went to The Bayou to see Savoy Brown. I got there early so I could be first in line and possibly meet the band. Well I was first in line and I did get to meet the band and they were psyched to see such a young fan. I got to hang out with them on their bus and shoot the shit and when it came TIMe to go inside the club was like "NO WAY, he is underage!" Thankful the band convinced their tour manager how important it was that I see the show and it actually came down to an ultimatum that either I get to see the show or the band doesn't play. I felt pretty special that day. Of course that was over 20 years ago when clubs weren't so scrutinized by police and the ABC board and nowadays it is actually written into contracts that people on the guest list of a particular band must be at least a certain age or they will not be admitted. It is a truly sucky situation but eventually everyone turns 21 and the issue becomes a moot point.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Saint Jude Posted - 05/03/2002 : 04:04:28 AM
quote:
all under 21 (minus flea)

meaning he was extracted from the age restriction because he was in the band.

Saint Jude Posted - 05/03/2002 : 04:03:12 AM
quote:
Sorry for the trouble, Liz is correct, age restrictions have nothing to do with us. Those are the set by club governing rules and laws in each city or state. The rules and laws are different everywhere. It really sucks that just because you are not 21 you cannot even get to enjoy the music. The Fox in Boulder actually did all ages and divided up the room. I guess most places don't want to go to this much trouble. Too bad because it would be in their interest. They would get more customers buying tickets. Hopefully next TIMe we will play a more age friendly club.

Yeah, fleabass was playing a show a few blocks from our aprt, and it was his first w/ his new band so me, and our respective female counterparts wanted to go. but because we were all under 21 (minus flea) we had to talk to the club owners, sign some legality fourms, then get huge black X's across the top of both of our respective hands... atleast we got into the place for free... and boy was their water tasty.

KevinLesko Posted - 05/02/2002 : 11:20:05 PM
Looks like I'm going to be screwed at the San Diego show, it's at the Belly Up which is a 21+ club. However, at least my days of not bein able to get in are limited. I've only got about 6 more months untill I'm 21.

Sorry to hear you couldnt make the show in Denver man, hopefully you'll get to see some of Kyle's video, or hopefully you will be able to make the next tour!

Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/02/2002 : 11:08:09 PM
Fluffy... do you think putting someone that doesn't meet the age requirement on the guest list be a way around it?
-J

Fluffy Posted - 05/02/2002 : 9:45:28 PM
Sorry for the trouble, Liz is correct, age restrictions have nothing to do with us. Those are the set by club governing rules and laws in each city or state. The rules and laws are different everywhere. It really sucks that just because you are not 21 you cannot even get to enjoy the music. The Fox in Boulder actually did all ages and divided up the room. I guess most places don't want to go to this much trouble. Too bad because it would be in their interest. They would get more customers buying tickets. Hopefully next TIMe we will play a more age friendly club.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/26/2002 : 3:34:28 PM
Jorgy where are you from? If you are near a city, try and find a sleezy indoor flea market... the kind of place that you would never set foot in alone. They generally will have a front inside that makes "novelty" ID's... but the only difference is that the holograms are different than the actual state, and on the back it says "for novelty use only." Funny thing about that though... you can use some nailpolish remover to get rid of that sentence on the back. I've seen this done many many times.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 04/26/2002 : 3:32:32 PM
Well maybe someone can tape it for you. Sorry you can't make it. I'm sure you'll be able to when the fall tour begins.

Jorgy Posted - 04/26/2002 : 1:55:44 PM
you have to be 21 b/c of the beer, but I honestly just want to see the show. Looks like I won't be able to b/c the fake won't be done in time.

Isaac Posted - 04/26/2002 : 10:08:13 AM
I dunno maybe on some nights Tim's hips girate a bit too much for the censors and they need to impose the 18 years and up limit.

Or maybe he just likes to play naked sometimes, I know I do.

3----------------------->

Isaac
LizT Posted - 04/26/2002 : 09:05:48 AM
Only the venue can tell you that. I'm sure TR doen't have anything to do with age restrictions.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/26/2002 : 06:03:57 AM
So.....why are there age limits? I can understand for the 21 and over ones (alcohol) but what about the 18 and up? Is he playing at a strip club or something? Or a cigarette club?

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/26/2002 : 01:57:12 AM
Do what ya gotta do... it will be so worth it.
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000