Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 An experience on the Blue Ridge Parkway...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dirtysloth Posted - 04/22/2002 : 7:22:10 PM
Early afternoon. Left band class early... nobody notices if you're gone anyway. Decided to head up on the parkway to enjoy the nice weather and smoke a cigar(can't smoke that other stuff, on account of the last experience I had on the parkway). I parked the car and was playing a TR mix tape I had made. Souls, from Sanctuary 2nd disc, was playing. I had quite a view at this overlook... this combined with this particular song was quite breathtaking. All of a sudden a woman, who looked like she was in her late fifties and like a former/current hippie, pulls some in some old beat up Volvo or something. She gets out, hears the song, and starts doing the craziest dance, waving back and forth. She did this for the whole song... it was nutz. Then she comes over and asks about the music. I enlighten her about TR. We talk about Tim and the weather and then she hops in her Volvo and takes off up the mountain. Maybe this doesn't sound all that odd, maybe you just had to be there, but it was quite an experience.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
45   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 05/21/2002 : 8:40:39 PM
I think it is Old Rag, but I will ask him to be sure.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 05/21/2002 : 4:39:56 PM
Cool. That'd be great if you could find out exactly where that is. Looks like a place I'd like to check out sometime.

Fluffy Posted - 05/21/2002 : 09:38:16 AM
Hey dirtysloth, did I ever mention the photo on the cover of "Stream" was taken on one of the Mts on Skyline Drive? I will have to ask TR which one. I can't remember. He loved it up there when he lived in C-ville.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 05/11/2002 : 9:58:42 PM
See that icon on the far right above a post? It looks like a piece of paper with a purple arrow pointing to it.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/11/2002 : 9:34:02 PM
man, i don't even no how to quote a fuckin' person on this message board. i'm illiterate as hell!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
pcbTIM Posted - 05/11/2002 : 8:33:49 PM
That sentence must have taken you five minutes to do.

genome Posted - 05/11/2002 : 6:52:10 PM
Yeah, I'm cool like that. Just a neat trick I learned in the Army.

victorwootenfan Posted - 05/11/2002 : 5:01:13 PM
wow that font trick was neato!

revrendmaynard14 Posted - 05/11/2002 : 4:12:21 PM
lol, that even looks cool ;)

*~Kaleigh~*
pcbTIM Posted - 05/11/2002 : 3:54:55 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!!!! That's pretty good!

genome Posted - 05/11/2002 : 09:49:25 AM
Everywhere...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(that's supposed to sound eerie.)

dirtysloth Posted - 05/09/2002 : 8:50:57 PM
Hey genome, where ya from?

Peace,
Patrick

genome Posted - 05/09/2002 : 12:31:56 AM
quote:

that'd be cool meeting somewhere and hiking it. or also meeting somewhere to see Tim

I'm up for either. Just tell me when and where.

victorwootenfan Posted - 05/08/2002 : 1:34:15 PM
thanks for the site link patrick. that'd be cool meeting somewhere and hiking it. or also meeting somewhere to see Tim, but either way a good experiance...

dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 8:12:26 PM
Here's a cool site by someone who hiked the trail... www.appalachianhike.com

Peace,
Patrick

dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 5:03:18 PM
Hell, if you really want to do that I could meet ya. I'm planning on doing this again very soon.

Peace,
Patrick

dirtysloth Posted - 05/07/2002 : 5:02:02 PM
VFW, you might actually consider going to Macafee's Knob, pictured above. It's in Catawba.

Peace,
Patrick

pcbTIM Posted - 05/06/2002 : 10:50:48 PM
genome said:
quote:

The Balds are nice.

Oh sure......you say that now.......just wait til it happens to you.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/06/2002 : 9:24:10 PM
i live in the shenendoah valley in virginia somewhere there...don't know where i'd start on the trail.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/06/2002 : 8:57:43 PM
I'll be honest with you. Most of the AT is a bitch. The approach just happens to be one of the hairiest bithes on the trail. Basically there's somewhere you can go no matter where on the East coast you are. Well...where are you? If you're close to ATL, then just go up to about where the AT is on the TN/NC border. That's where those some of those Balds genome mentioned are. They really are cool. Most of that is nice hiking, altho mountainous (duh - Smokey Mountains).

But it doesn't matter. Hiking isn't that hard. If you can't go fast, just don't, it's that simple. And the more you go, then easier it will get.

-what-
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/06/2002 : 8:54:01 PM
yeah, i'd def. try to ease my way in on the trail. i profess to have no great hiking ability, so where as a starting point would you say i should start?

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/06/2002 : 8:44:00 PM
VFW, the AT is a great place to go! That's my main stomping ground when I get to hike. Matter of fact, I've done a good bit right near Silky...right at the South end of the AT. The approach trail is a superBITCH!! I would recommend not starting there unless you're a masochist.

-what-
genome Posted - 05/06/2002 : 12:46:25 PM
The Balds are nice.

victorwootenfan Posted - 05/06/2002 : 12:30:31 PM
that picture is nice! i have always wanted to go to the Appalachain trail. It's one of my goals to go to when i reach college, just take a weekend and visit it with some people. Can't wait til college...

genome Posted - 05/05/2002 : 12:25:32 PM
Teri's a bad mo..shut yo mouth.

tericee Posted - 05/05/2002 : 02:37:53 AM
quote:

Hey DirtySloth, I meant that in the as in DirtySloth Does Not Lie OR "DirtySloth don't lie!!" I was using street vernacular to convey my point. I was saying it to the board, not to you. HEHE Funny how easy a simple thing like that loses it's meaning when typed instead of spoken. Sorry for the confusion!!

SEE? This is why grammar is sooooo important. Especially on message boards.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/05/2002 : 02:07:38 AM
Hehehe....

-what-
dirtysloth Posted - 05/05/2002 : 01:50:51 AM
ROTFLMAO.... I wonder if that character still exists... actually, the fall from that cliff is only like 20 ft... the picture is deceiving

Peace,
Patrick

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 2:34:10 PM
quote:

Looks like natural selection is about to work it's magic...

-what-
dirtysloth Posted - 05/04/2002 : 11:43:59 AM
No kidding Fluffy! TR was played that day though on our portable cd player. TR's acoustic material and nature just seem to go hand in hand.

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 08:00:54 AM
Man that is an awesome picture. It is so beautiful down there. I would love to see TR perform and acoustic show on that ledge. I bet the acoustics would carry the music so far. Can you imagine driving thru Skyline drive and out your window you start to hear the beautiful, soothing sounds of TR's acoustic guitar carried on the wind. And then I woke up!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 05/03/2002 : 10:22:34 PM
Check out this view from Macafee's Knob, where I and a few friends hiked to and camped on a brisk night this past January. This pic was taken about 20 ft. from where we had our campfire. That's not me, but still, a great pic...

The moon was full and had a huge ring around it with a jet's vapor trails shooting right through the middle of it, sky was very clear and the stars are so much more visible away from the city, and in the distance we could see the airport with airplanes landing. You could hear the wind coming from all sides on top of this mountain, and you could hear trees creaking all around. A short walk from here was Devil's Kitchen, where huge twenty-foot perfectly cube-shaped rocks are spread out. It's really incredible. A very magical experience to be had, and at least a four mile walk to the nearest human being. Supposed to be one of the major highlights along the 2100 mile Appalachain Trail.

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 06:23:32 AM
TOUCHE!!! Good one, HEHE!! Love that pic!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 05/02/2002 : 9:33:42 PM
Sloths never lie, we just hang->

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 05/02/2002 : 9:15:16 PM
Nothing, I was in full support of your comments. It is beautiful up there. You definitely DON'T LIE!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 05/02/2002 : 9:09:50 PM
Ah, now I get it. I was pretty confused... couldn't quite see what was so unbelievable about my story. Thanks for the support anyway though!

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 05/02/2002 : 8:54:33 PM
Hey DirtySloth, I meant that in the as in DirtySloth Does Not Lie OR "DirtySloth don't lie!!" I was using street vernacular to convey my point. I was saying it to the board, not to you. HEHE Funny how easy a simple thing like that loses it's meaning when typed instead of spoken. Sorry for the confusion!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 04/24/2002 : 5:22:04 PM
Lie?! It's the truth, I swear it!!!

Yeah, the parkway is amazing, especially during the spring and fall. I think I'll take a drive sometime this week... all of a sudden all the dogwoods are in bloom. Here is a pic of Roanoke from the parkway, just a short drive from my home....

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 04/23/2002 : 07:31:27 AM
Hey dirtysloth, I head down to Skyline Drive all the time when I need to get out of the city. It is so beautiful. On one of the peaks, I can't remember which one, it is across from Old Rag, my initials are carved on a rock at the very top of the MT. Me and my girlfriend at the TIMe hiked up there and carved our initials and decided that if the world every ended and we were seperated that we would meet at that peak at our initials. I really love it up there. Actually it is down there from me here in DC. Here is a link to the Blue Ridge Mts and Skyline Drive. Check it out everyone. DirtySloth don't lie!

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

If you go to this map of the Blue Ridge Mt's and look all the way over ont he left side you will see Bayse, VA.
http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/map1.htm
That is where I went on vacation in March. It is beautiful down there too. We all went up to the top of a Mt there too. We only took pictures at the peak this TIMe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/23/2002 : 01:29:03 AM
Sounds like the Natchez Trace Parkway to me, kinda. Well, minus the advantage of view that the mountains would provide, of course.

-What-
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/23/2002 : 01:27:58 AM
Aahh. I was all confused after all the talk about CA. Damn. I've been on the BRP after all.

"Blue Ridge Parkway: Considered the nation’s most scenic highway, the 470-mile roadway winds through the Blue Ridge Mountains, through Asheville and into the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Numerous overlooks, roadside exhibits and hiking trails make a trip along the Parkway a delight year-round. The Parkway intersects Asheville at US 25, US 70, US 74 & NC 191."

Asheville, is, of course, in North Carolina.

Man, I feel silly.

-What-
pcbTIM Posted - 04/23/2002 : 01:20:10 AM
Don't feel bad.....I don't know either. But it does sound familiar.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/23/2002 : 01:12:23 AM
.... hmmm... the Blue Ridge Parkway? I have to say, as stupid as it will make me sound ... where is the Blue Ridge Parkway.

-What-
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/22/2002 : 9:22:18 PM
man, the parkway is soo beautiful, i love the landscape of the blue ridge! i'll have to try the TR drive up there. lol, aboot the woman!

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/22/2002 : 8:14:03 PM
That sounds like it was... interesting.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000