Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 faultlines that cannot sit still.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan p. Posted - 04/20/2002 : 4:42:32 PM
so i wake up this morning. and my room is shaking. now, i live in upstate new york, near albany, so the last thing on my mind was "maybe it's an earthquake." it never even crossed my mind. the handles on my dresser were banging against the little metal things, my bed was moving, the desk was shifting. i thought i finally went insane. my mom's yelling "get out, get out! the house will fall down. turns out it was a 5.1 and the epicenter was in plattsburg. needless to say, my house is fine.

push becomes shove. days become months. i seem to have forgotten the warmth of the sun.
36   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 6:09:35 PM
All Hail SISTER!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/03/2002 : 5:59:54 PM
That's why those aliens with telepathic minds that can just beam over an idea have a one up on us... speech is outdated.
-J

Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 4:04:07 PM
Funny how that works, we all seem to make more sense to ourselves than we do to others. Unfortunately each of us has the background info of what we are actually thinking and sometimes do not convey it as well as we would like in words or type. It seems abundantly clear to ourselves yet we are confusing the heck out of each other. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/03/2002 : 08:40:49 AM
Oh, in that case, I agree with you. We said the same thing, I just made more sense to myself.

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 06:17:14 AM
I would totally agree with you and that is kinda what I was saying. You have to SEE them. That would include knowing them so you can SEE them. For all you know you could be walking by famous people all day long. Maybe they are just not famous to you. That is kind of what I was trying to say. They may walk right by you but some people are just not aware. Seeing them out of context sometimes makes them less recognizable to some. I witness it with TR all the TIMe. He can be standing next to me and people don't even notice him. I had a guy ask me after a show if TR was gonna come out and talk to people and he was actually standing right in front of TR and didn't even notice him. This was just after seeing him perform so you can't say it was because he didn't know what he looked like. As we drive past people on the highway with DMB bumperstickers it always makes me wonder who I might be driving beside on the highway. They have no idea that TR is riding in the van that just past them. The famous people may be in close proximity and we are just not aware. Keep your eyes open and you may be surprised at who you see.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/02/2002 : 8:41:44 PM
Fluffy, I'd almost have to disagree with you.....I'll say that I just have a different opinion about the cause....

I could be walking side by side with any single one of those people you mentioned, and I would not know it, even if I had a conversation with them. I just don't know what these people look like. So I'd probably see them, sure, but I wouldn't know who it was I was seeing.

Your "seeing" (recognizing) all those people can be attributed to you knowing what they look like.

-What-
Fluffy Posted - 05/02/2002 : 8:09:01 PM
Everytime I walk around Sunset Blvd I inevitably see at least 1 or 2 stars. I have seen Kyle McLaughlin, Holly Hunter, Woody Harrelson, Jack Cassidy(from Jefferson Airplane & Hot Tuna) Lemmy from Motorhead etc etc etc. In NY at the Greg Howard show while Jon and I were waiting for Greg to arrive Kyra Sedgewick walked by. I always see people famous wherever I go. I think I am just paying attention more than most people. I am a real people watcher. I think alot of people just don't notice them when they walk by. Rew missed Holly Hunter and she almost bumped into him. Just keep your eyes open. They are out there. While I was waiting to board a plane in Denver I saw Arlo Guthrie and his son. It never ceases to amaze me who you can see if you just keep your eyes open.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/24/2002 : 3:11:58 PM
Cool, that's about what I figured.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 04/23/2002 : 8:17:57 PM
Not even as often as you might think. It's just like the whole Hollywood thing. You think if you walk around in Hollywood, you'll start seeing movie stars....not true. First off, Hollywood is not a nice place to walk around....and second, all the movies stars now live in Beverly Hills (very, very nice....I would suggest for anyone to just drive around the area and look at all the amazing houses).

But back to the actual question. Earthquakes are not that frequent. We get them (on average) once every couple years. And that includes the small ones. I think we had one like a month ago. Some people in my engineering class were talking about how they just felt it in class......and I said...."there was an earthquake?" But it was very minor.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/23/2002 : 2:02:22 PM
Hey Patrick, how often do you really have earthquakes out there?

Fluffy Posted - 04/23/2002 : 08:02:43 AM
tourist:"What the hell was that?"

pcbdmb:"Ah, just another one of those pesky earthquakes.(yawn)"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/22/2002 : 7:47:50 PM
quote:

Apparently we had that earthquake here too. I slept throguh it though, i'm really disappointed. That's the second one I've missed in my lifetime.

C'mon down to sunny California! We get them here everyday.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/22/2002 : 6:18:16 PM
quote:

That's got to be a crazy feeling... but that's just one more thing that we don't have to worry about here in the south.

Here here.

-What-
Jamie M Posted - 04/22/2002 : 6:08:46 PM
Apparently we had that earthquake here too. I slept throguh it though, i'm really disappointed. That's the second one I've missed in my lifetime.

Saint Jude Posted - 04/22/2002 : 3:44:39 PM
quote:
faultlines that cannot sit still.

FUCKIN TOOL OWNS!

Sux about the earthquake though.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
dan p. Posted - 04/22/2002 : 3:13:51 PM
yeah, "thank god it was only an earthquake" is pure california thinking.

push becomes shove. days become months. i seem to have forgotten the warmth of the sun.
Fluffy Posted - 04/22/2002 : 05:55:50 AM
Funny how that works like that sometimes. You can definitely tell you are a California Boy!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/22/2002 : 04:22:08 AM
Actually, I've never really experience a big one during the day, so I haven't seen anything shake. But one TIMe, I git in my car to pick up my sister and I was at a stop light when the engine made this jerky motion. I thought it was breaking down......it is almost as old as I am.......but I later found out it was an earthquake. Pretty funny, I was so worried that the car was going to break down, and when I found out it was an earthquake....I was relieved.

Fluffy Posted - 04/22/2002 : 04:14:32 AM
I remember in another post where Liz and EVERGREEN were having a conversation and EVERGREEN mentioned she loved rollercoasters. After reading her email, she did not get hurt by the way, I don't think she would say it was alot of fun like a rollercoaster. Scary and disconcerting is more the feeling I got from the email. She said at first she thought the cats were knocking stuff over, then she looked outside and everything was shaking. Shaking All Over!!!! Glad everyone is OK. I think you(pcbdmb) just have more experience than the rest of us. It just like a walk in the park for you. A very shaky walk.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/22/2002 : 03:26:45 AM
When no one gets hurt, they are prety kewl. Like a free roller coaster ride.

Fluffy Posted - 04/21/2002 : 05:10:37 AM
The first one I experienced, I was roto-tilling(sp?) someones yard and all of the sudden it hit. I was standing in front of a big sliding glass window and it started bowing out and I was like "KEWL!!" just as my friend(a veteran of earthquakes)tackled me to the ground, just in TIMe to save me from the glass exploding out. What a learning experience that was. Gotta respect the awesome power of nature. It could wipe us out in a matter of seconds.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/21/2002 : 03:32:31 AM
quote:

EVERGREEN emailed me today and mentioned an earthquake as well. She is in VT. I didn't even know they had faultlines up there in that neck of the woods. Glad everyone is OK. I experienced my fair share while living in California. They can be quite disconcerting. As for those who live in CA, I bet you guys get more used to them than the rest of us. Just another fun exciting activity in the adventure that is living in CA.

Actually.....we haven't had any major ones since '94. Boy was that a doozy! The strangest part of that experience was that I was spending the night at a friend's house when it hit. From what my sister told me, my mom was hysterical when she couldn't find me.

Fluffy Posted - 04/21/2002 : 03:04:06 AM
Last time I will speak to you. I do not feel your comments are sincere, if they are, I am sorry. It is not about whether I want you on the board or not. The board has spoken and they do not want you here. So do the courteous thing and leave. It is really not up to me if you stay or go. As for giving peace a chance. Well you just plain wore out your welcome with me. Whether you have truly change or not would not make me feel any more comfortable with you around. If you have indeed changed, congratulations. Hopefully you can find a board somewhere that would like to have you as a member. I cannot and do not speak for this board, only for myself and I really do not want you as a member of the board. If the board decides to have you back that is their decision. This board is a community of FRIENDS. Unfortunately by your comments and actions I am afraid noone here thinks of you as that. I could be wrong about that. I only know how I feel. You ask me to give peace a chance, well I did and you stomped all over it. Goodbye and good luck. Hopefully you have learned something from your experiences here and you can carry them with you thru life.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
someguywithaguitar_ Posted - 04/21/2002 : 02:41:47 AM
Fluffy, in someone's words who I think you can appreciate

Give Peace A Chance

Please.

-I understand and appreciate our differences.-
Fluffy Posted - 04/21/2002 : 02:37:39 AM
I sense....

Main Entry: sar·casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
Date: 1550
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
someguywithaguitar_ Posted - 04/21/2002 : 02:31:42 AM
Well I'm glad you are ok from all the ones you were in in CA, and I'm especailly glad dan p. and Evergreen are both ok from the recent earthquake. That must have been one heck of a ride!

-I understand and appreciate our differences.-
Fluffy Posted - 04/21/2002 : 02:29:01 AM
EVERGREEN emailed me today and mentioned an earthquake as well. She is in VT. I didn't even know they had faultlines up there in that neck of the woods. Glad everyone is OK. I experienced my fair share while living in California. They can be quite disconcerting. As for those who live in CA, I bet you guys get more used to them than the rest of us. Just another fun exciting activity in the adventure that is living in CA.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
someguywithaguitar Posted - 04/21/2002 : 02:10:06 AM
Good one pcbdmb! Hahahahah, what a joke, can I use that sometime???

pcbTIM Posted - 04/20/2002 : 10:02:58 PM
"When I walk out to get the mail
It measures on the Ricktor Scale"

Black Lotus Posted - 04/20/2002 : 9:50:01 PM
quote:

5.1?!?!?!?!?! Amateurs!!!

Word up yo! I register a 6.5 when I fart!

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
pcbTIM Posted - 04/20/2002 : 9:29:54 PM
5.1?!?!?!?!?! Amateurs!!!

Jay Posted - 04/20/2002 : 7:32:52 PM
quote:
geese thats scary....
Geese? That is pretty freaky...me and the Capt. Haven't had an earthquake in Hard-on Ohio for four years...i was on the bus coming home from school so i didn't feel it...it was like a 2.3 or something

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/20/2002 : 7:17:20 PM
That's got to be a crazy feeling... but that's just one more thing that we don't have to worry about here in the south.

dan p. Posted - 04/20/2002 : 6:48:40 PM
i was unaware. thank you sir. still we've never had an earthquake here. well. one. it was like 3 or something. either way, thanks for the info.

Black Lotus Posted - 04/20/2002 : 6:35:09 PM
Did you know that due to water pressure of one of the lakes in upstate NY (I forget which one), it presses against the tectonic plates in the earth which causes earthquakes ;)

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 04/20/2002 : 5:09:38 PM
geese thats scary. good thing u're all right though.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000