Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Ovation or Martin or whatever!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 09/18/2001 : 10:32:43 AM
What is your favorite type of acoustic Guitar? Electric guitar?

Mine is going to have to be a twelve string Ovation beauty. I'm about to buy a new one for five hundred dollars. On electric I'm a 1972 LesPaul man.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/24/2001 : 10:26:44 PM
Yeah Collins and Santa Cruz are great guitars. Also Dana Burgeouis (or something like that) guitars are really great too. my cousin was raving about them a while ago.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
chip616 Posted - 09/24/2001 : 9:07:07 PM
Dude my favorite guitar without a doubt is my Taylor 310K its a gloss two piece top, with koa back and sides, limited edition baby.

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
Reese Posted - 09/24/2001 : 12:19:02 PM
hey guitarguy, i have a d-15 as well. the mother fucker kicks ass. it's so bassy, i love it. mine is about 4 years old, (bought it new) and it is great.

now to the original topic. you guys have to check out these 2 guitar companies. they are vary vary rare, max of 700 units a year each, all hand made. Collins and Santa Cruz are the best godd damned guitars you will ever play. unfortunately their prices don't start unitl tlke the $3,000 range, and i've seen upwards of $8,000. anyways, they play like dreams and you all have got to check them out.

later

Dave S Posted - 09/23/2001 : 10:26:02 PM
Right now i've been playing on a Dean Performer OSE GN cutaway acoustic/electric, it's decent, has great action and sound although it's not very loud. My favorite acoustic of all time has got to be virtually any high end taylor. The sound is just so crisp and clear. As for electrics, i'm fairly happy with my Epiphone Les Paul single cut. I'd really like to check out some nice Gibson high end guitars some time, never really gotten around to it though, i'm more of an acoustic man myself,

jenkins Posted - 09/22/2001 : 11:17:51 PM
ive got four guitars - a Takamine 12-string acoustic, a Bentley prototype model acoustic w/electronics, a 1968 gibson SG, and a DeArmond M65c, which has been discontinued for whatever reason.

honestly? i love my dearmond, and i love my Bentley, even though theyre the cheapest of the four. wouldnt trade my dearmond for anything.... it's my baybee. :D

-jenkins

quote:

What is your favorite type of acoustic Guitar? Electric guitar?

Mine is going to have to be a twelve string Ovation beauty. I'm about to buy a new one for five hundred dollars. On electric I'm a 1972 LesPaul man.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com

Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/18/2001 : 10:07:26 PM
quote:
So I am looking to buy a 12 string guitar for under 600 hundred dollars, what do you guys suggest!

I am not a big fan of Ovation because I think they sound like sloppy hippopotomous ass when unplugged... I'm also not a big fan of the plastic backs. But that's just me. If you are going to play mostly amplified, though, you probably can't beat an Ovation for the money. If I had to recommend any 12 string, I would say the Taylor W-65... but that costs 4 times what you are looking to spend. It kinda depends on how much you are going to plug in... If you're going to gig a lot then the Ovation may be right. But if you want it to mess around with at home and are just going to plug in once in a while, I would say for $600 look to some of the solid tops from Fender, or maybe even Yamaha. Either will sound infinitely better than an Ovation unplugged. The only problem is that $600 isn't quite enough to get you into a Martin... If you want to hold off and save up a little more money, that's definitely the direction I would steer you to. It all comes down to personal preference. Good luck!
-J

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/18/2001 : 7:50:50 PM
Hey, i forgot my electric choices. I love Gibson and Epiphone Les Pauls, you can get a lot of different sounds from them, etc...

I am also a HUGE fan of ESP guitars. I love the explorers, even though they had to change the body style....but ESP guitars sound awesome when you're playing really heavy stuff.

I never knew how much the guitar made the difference in the sound until I got a really good guitar (my Gibson Gothic Les Paul) and I was blown away, I've since had it modified with EMG pickups, and now it really rips shit up.

Adam

Arthen Posted - 09/18/2001 : 7:44:38 PM
So I am looking to buy a 12 string guitar for under 600 hundred dollars, what do you guys suggest!

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
dirtysloth Posted - 09/18/2001 : 6:27:56 PM
Love the Martins and Taylors. Has anyone here ever played any Breedloves? Kinda funky looking, but I hear they're supposed to be great guitars.
For electric, I go for the tele. It just feels/sounds right for me. I've always liked Les Pauls though. They're heavy and the body style feels somewhat akward to me, but I love the sound.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/18/2001 : 5:16:07 PM
I like Martins, though I'm not crazy about their laminate models, they are kind of disappointing, that Martin would even make them, and charge $800 for some. I do like my D-15 though which isn't laminate. I also love Larivees and Lowdens. I hope to own one someday. I also like Gibsons acoustics, like the J-200, but they cost an arm and a leg...as do many good guitars.

Adam

Isaac Posted - 09/18/2001 : 12:07:00 PM
I gotta agree on the high end Taylors (their 12 strings are orgasmic)or Larrivee or maybe a bit more realistically a nice Guild. I have a mid level Dean that i beat the hell out of and its actually a really nice guitar especially for the money, very ornate and plays like a dream.

As for electrics, given my love of the blues i gotta go Strat. The best thing about Strats is their SOOO customizable, its relitively easy to install new tuners, pickguards, pickups, briges and etc. I really don't play my electric very much though so maybe i'm an idiot.

I'm definatly not an Ovation fan, they don't sound or play especially good to me, but mostly i can't stand the headstock or the plastic bodies. Thats cool that you like em' though, to each his own.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/18/2001 : 11:50:58 AM
My favorite acoustic has to be any high end Taylor (600 series and up)... I've never played a better guitar, not even Martins. Fav. electric is a toss up between a Les Paul Custom and a PRS Singlecut.
-Jeff

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000