Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Stephen Stills

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jason Posted - 04/15/2002 : 6:59:21 PM
I have always been a fan of CSN that goes without saying, but just was wondering what my buds at the board thought aboot Mr. Stills as a musician or songwriter or whatever...Sorry if this dates some of us on the board even though I am only 26 I grew up with my dad playing CSN stuff all the time and now we play them together on guitar...(we don't play the same guitar..he plays his and I play mine...that would look pretty silly...sorry my brain is fried and I am ready to go home, but that just gave me a mental picture and made me chuckle)

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 04/19/2002 : 08:13:01 AM
Hey My Bad Side, you can check out samples of all the songs on the album at this link:

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=145236521/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=STILLS*STEPHEN/itemid=322252

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jason Posted - 04/16/2002 : 2:24:16 PM
quote:
What kinda stuff is it? I mean, if you had to classify it, where would you put it? I'd like to have an idea before I bought, you know?
No one understands me.

I believe in any cd store you will find him under rock. He has a pretty good range to him. In my opinion and I could be wrong I have heard everything from folk to blues to country to almost some jazzy type of stuff. Stills Alone is one that I would recommend though...all acoustic and alont of fingerpickin in drop "D". Hope that helps out a little bit...here is a site for you to get info on him MBS....hope that helps

www.allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?UID=1:10:16|PM&p=amg&uid=1:10:16|PM&sql=B5535

You're going to have to cut and paste that sorry...Could not get it to work correctly

BigEyedPhish Posted - 04/16/2002 : 12:19:45 PM

i am a huge CSN&Y fan also. i haven't had a chance to hear any of Stills' solo work. i listen to a lot of Neil Young solo stuff and him with Crazy Horse. i will have to check out the Stills solo stuff, thanks for the recommendation.

on a side note: what do you guys think of Neil Young's newest album?? i think it is pretty good but nothing spectacular in my opinion. all the hype kind of gave me a false sense that it was going to be something amazing. just wondering what anyone thought

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 12:12:50 PM
What kinda stuff is it? I mean, if you had to classify it, where would you put it? I'd like to have an idea before I bought, you know?

No one understands me.
Jason Posted - 04/16/2002 : 10:56:56 AM
I actually have that album...along with his works with Manasas...I liked his Stills Alone album with tree-top flyer on it...That whole album is very good..and all acoustic by the way if I remember correctly...Thanks for yalls opinions on this...I am glad to see other people enjoying his music as well...

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 08:32:29 AM
"drunken, rambling, emotionally gripping..."

I love that.

No one understands me.
Fluffy Posted - 04/16/2002 : 05:43:53 AM
I am a huge CSN&Y fan and also a big Stephen Stills fan. My fave of his solo LP's is his first, just called Stephen STILLS. Here is a review of it. Give it a shot how bad could it be with Hendrix and Clapton on it.

Worth it just for Jimi Hendrix's understated, brilliant guest appearance ("Old Times, Good Times") - and Stills follows it immediately with a catchy wah-wah'ed blues that spotlights a smoking Eric Clapton solo ("Go Back Home"). Even the predictable acoustic material is above-average for Stills (the anthemic "Do For The Others"; the drunken, rambling, emotionally gripping "Black Queen"), and at this point he's still in control of his predeliction for bombastic over-orchestration, if just barely (the Top 40 hit "Love The One You're With," with great chorus vocals and a careening organ solo; "To A Flame"). "Ritchie" (surely Ringo Starr) drums on several tracks, Booker T. plays organ on "Cherokee," and the chorus in several places includes Crosby, Nash, Cass Elliot, Rita Coolidge, and John Sebastian.

For lots more info on Stephen Stills, check out:

http://www.stephenstills.cc/

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jay Posted - 04/15/2002 : 8:19:34 PM
here! i LOVE steve! http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1596

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000