Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Super Session

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:27:30 PM
My Aunt ( remember HTG, the one that lives next to a lesbian campground?) gave my dad and I an album called Super Session with Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, and Steven Stills. Spontaneous, great blues and rock music...check it oot!

PS, i just downloaded Where Are YOu Going by DMB, it's Dave solo, it is pretty swell, good geetar work!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 04/20/2002 : 3:54:02 PM
ha ha. good one fluffy.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Fluffy Posted - 04/19/2002 : 06:43:02 AM
I think thats "WhaChUTalkinBoutWillis?"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jay Posted - 04/17/2002 : 8:36:54 PM
watchatalkinboutWillis?

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
pcbTIM Posted - 04/17/2002 : 8:27:29 PM
TOMORROW!!!!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Jay Posted - 04/17/2002 : 8:21:14 PM
Tomorrow!!!!

Jay
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 04/17/2002 : 8:04:38 PM
jay let me borrow the cd, please? (always ask nicely)

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
Jay Posted - 04/17/2002 : 3:34:40 PM
Just friends playin together...really sweet shit, if you ask me!

Jay
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 08:33:38 AM
So it's a band, or just a recording of when a bunch of friend/musicians got together once?

No one understands me.
Fluffy Posted - 04/16/2002 : 05:46:06 AM

Super Session (Bloomfield Kooper Stills: 1968)
- This is a damn good improvisational rock and blues album, basically an Al Kooper album with Mike Bloomfield featured on side one, playing stinging blues guitar (far ahead of his contributions on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited) and adding jazzy weirdness to "Her Holy Modal Majesty," which also features an excellent keyboard solo from Kooper. Stephen Stills, fresh from leaving the Buffalo Springfield, is featured on side two, adding wah-wah guitar to the extended interpretation of Donovan's "Season Of The Witch," and a nice if brief solo on Dylan's "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry." Actually, Stills is kept in the background more than I'd like; Kooper tacked routine horn arrangements and additional guitars onto what were originally (if the liner notes are to be believed) improvised sessions, and this is one of those times when more is less. (Horns became the trademark of Kooper's Blood Sweat and Tears, which we are not yet able to review.)

To see the complete track listing go to:

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1127811018/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=BLOOMFIELD%5CKOOPER%5CSTILLS/ITEMID=317058

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/15/2002 : 8:49:50 PM
Super Session? Someone please tell me what I've missed here.

Jay Posted - 04/15/2002 : 6:17:45 PM
hahahaha! That was a fun time, eh? Fluffy, i trust you have Super Session? If you do, isn't His Holy Modal Majesty Amazing?

Jay
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:48:24 PM
quote:
( remember HTG, the one that lives next to a lesbian campground?)

How could I forget?

Fluffy Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:46:01 PM
Jay may have been 4:20ing, but in this case, he does not lie. His brain my be clouded but he is right on the money with that recommendation. Check it out!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000