Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Oh my I don't like where this is heading

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dick mountjoy Posted - 04/12/2002 : 10:48:32 PM
http://www.nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=05ef601187bb6ed338c87852fb34a3e8&threadid=43274

silky go kick some ass

31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:35:37 PM
You certainly made it easy on yourself.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:30:20 PM
Done!
-J

Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 06:55:13 AM
I just reread my above post and to avoid confusion, I think you should post a link to the topic I listed directly above in the topic listed in the first post of this thread. I didn't want you to think I meant post a link to THIS topic, meaning our message board topic. THANX! TRTF in Full Effect!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 06:51:28 AM
Hey Silky, speaking of "some people with heads removed from their sphincters", I think you or pcbdmb should post a link to this topic in the topic at the top of this thread:

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=e34aad9f02115c0832a7e6dc61265985&threadid=43426

I think they might like to read the words of one of their own on the subject. He had alot of nice things to say:
quote:
For those of you that think Timmy was just a "backup" guitarist
by hbrotha13 on 6:25 PM 04-13-02
I've read in numerous articles, tab books, and interviews that he was much more than that on UTTAD, Crash, and BTCS. The truth of the matter is that the guitar you hear on the album, is not Dave playing at all, its Timmy. He was more or less a collaborator on all of those albums, and his knowledge of music made them great albums. Could you imagine Too much without his electric riffs in the background kicking the flow, or two step without his electric guitar parts as well? Timmy was as much of a contributor to those albums as LeRoi or and Boyd, no disrespect meant at all, but next time you listen to those albums, just know that not only did Timmy help write those guitar parts, but its him you are listening to. The other side of this coin is that not only was he physically a large contributor to these albums, but he strongly influenced daves playing on the lillywhite sessions, and Everyday. The way dave plays now, his hammer ons, pull offs, and slaps on the bass strings of his guitars shows that he has learned a lot from dave, and songs like JTR, Busted Stuff, and Monkey Man show a huge influence towards Timmy's style of acoustic playing.
I hope I've made my point, everyone can have their own oppinion, but I believe that DMB as we know it wouldnt be the same without the contributions of who I think is the best guitarist of our generation (Ive been playing for 10 years). I could debate this for hours. Have fun at your shows this spring and summer.

***On A side note---I found it odd that on the OFFICIAL DMB website, under their section of "friends" they say under the Tim Reynolds comment that he has "Collaborated on every DMB album to date" But he didnt contribute to Everyday, at least to the best of my knowledge. And also, I dont think he was in the studio this winter with them...or was he? Just thought this was interesting, especially since they just updated the site.***

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/13/2002 : 3:47:37 PM
Beat me to it... glad there are some people with heads removed from their sphincters coming out of the woodwork.
-J

LizT Posted - 04/13/2002 : 08:12:00 AM
Can I see a visual on that? LOL! That's a fire in the hole!!

pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 08:10:25 AM
OK......now the conversation has taken a turn for the worse.....and I'm gonna go to bed (again....didn't take the first TIMe).....after all, it is 5:00 A.M. and I have to get up in 4 hours for band practice. Those lovable bastards!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 08:07:12 AM
One Flaming HoTGoo, cumming up!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 08:05:55 AM
Why wouldn't I want to keep it??

LizT Posted - 04/13/2002 : 08:04:13 AM
You guys are a riot!! Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh!
Hey Parick you should market your spaghetti dick. You could sell it in spencers next to the pecker pasta. And don't for get the creme sauce!

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 08:03:22 AM
DOAH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:57:32 AM
quote:

Liz wrote:
quote:
Patrick the first clue was the length

Dammit, are we back to talking about my "average member"?

Then I replied....
quote:
.....or my spaghetti dick......

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:55:30 AM
She gets us perscriptions AND your spaghetti dick? I am so confused!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:52:56 AM
.....or my spaghetti dick......

pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:52:26 AM
Just calm down.......take deep breaths......count backwards from 10......in 0.1 increments....and take some valium. That might work.......but I think you'll have to ask Liz. After all, she is the one who gets us all of our "perscriptions".

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:49:22 AM
Liz wrote:
quote:
Patrick the first clue was the length

Dammit, are we back to talking about my "average member"?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:47:55 AM
CURSES!!!

(how's that for short? See I can keep it short if I want to. I just have to try really hard and stop and contemplate what I am saying and just how I want to say it so I get my point across in as few a words as humanly possib.....OH SHIT, I'm doing it again. DAMMIT!!)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:41:58 AM
Hahaha! That's what I thought!

LizT Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:37:23 AM
LOL! Damn Fluffmeister I wish I could see thru your ummm, nevermind!
JUST KIDDING!! Patrick the first clue was the length of the post, hee hee...

pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:26:28 AM
Or am I not that intellegent?

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:18:16 AM
Am I that transparent Liz? HAHA

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:16:05 AM
I knew it! I read the nancies link before finishing reading this one.
As I'm reading Patrick's post there I'm thinking that sounds just like Fluffy! That should get some people actually THINKING! Liz

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 07:03:57 AM
Guess that makes you the "Postwhore" child for the short bus!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 06:39:46 AM
....so do I ride the short bus because I'm a post whore?

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 05:20:38 AM
Thank you kind sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

(but don't let it go to your head, you still ride the short bus you little post whore!! HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 05:12:14 AM
Done and done!

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 05:07:05 AM
By the way, the above message is not for our board. I was wondering if you could post this over on the other board for me Silky? I just can't bring myself to post it over there. I noticed you had already posted on the topic so I thought you might do me the favor of posting it for me. Please don't put my name or anything, and if you don't agree with what I wrote please do not feel obligated to post it for me. If you do agree with it, I would really appreciate it. THANX LMK what you think.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 05:06:15 AM
People are always entitled to their opinion. It's just that they usually have a hard TIMe realizing that their opinion doesn't matter.

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 05:03:54 AM
quote from nancies board:
quote:
Without a doubt, Tim is a better guitarist, but I think that Dave is clearly a better songwriter.

Isn't it quite possible they are BOTH great songwriters? They write totally different styles of music and I couldn't imagine TR trying to write a DMB song just like I couldn't imagine Dave writing a TR song. 2 totally different styles. It is like comparing apples and oranges. Of course each one of you will have a preference to which songs appeal to you more, Dave or TR's, but that does not make either of them the lesser songwriter. It just means your taste lies with one or the other. Just because you don't prefer it does not make that guy a bad songwriter, just a songwriter of songs that don't move you. Music and music appreciation are very subjective. You must remember that your preference is only your opinion. Someone else may hold a different opinion and theres is just as valid as yours.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 04:28:32 AM
Wow! How many TIMes do they have to say that TIM was playing everything before the others realize that TIM was playing everything.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/12/2002 : 11:51:40 PM
Haha here we go again... yet another dumbass.
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000