Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I'm sorry......but....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcbTIM Posted - 04/10/2002 : 01:28:58 AM
....I had to post this!

http://www.nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=33a9c4269faef54c96b8dba96f9f975a&threadid=42311

As Peter Griffin would say..."Un-freakin'-believable!"

"I do what I can with what I've got."
37   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:20:35 PM
SHOMER FUCKIN' SHABBAS!
-J

Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 04:37:54 AM
"They peed on my my carpet!!!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/14/2002 : 04:34:37 AM
Same way you would go about it if Heidi Klum told you to eat her ass... just close your eyes, don't think about it too much, and go at it.
-J

Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 04:33:34 AM
chatterballs said:
quote:
Fluffy, hate to correct you, but it's "The Dude."

or Duder!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/14/2002 : 04:09:17 AM
Q: How can you watch "Dude, where's my car?"

Somebody tell me a good answer cause I have no damn clue.

chatterballs Posted - 04/14/2002 : 03:22:08 AM
Q: How do I watch Britney Spears videos?
A:
quote:
turn the volume off and stare a bit

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/14/2002 : 01:34:51 AM
That's the only way to watch that movie!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/13/2002 : 8:50:41 PM
spice world, i remember that movie...good movie if you just turn the volume off and stare a bit

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/13/2002 : 6:48:25 PM
Haha... somehow I found amusement in that movie. It won't be going up for any oscars, but once you get past the overwhelming stupidity there are a few funny scenes.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 04/13/2002 : 5:40:39 PM
quote:

Or "dude where's my car?" Either way.

That is the worst movie in the history of terrible movies.........even worse than Spice World.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
chatterballs Posted - 04/13/2002 : 12:11:10 PM
Fluffy, hate to correct you, but it's "The Dude." I dunno, that movie rules.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/13/2002 : 09:43:01 AM
Or "dude where's my car?" Either way.

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2002 : 06:34:14 AM
THE BIG LEBOWSKI

DUDE!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/12/2002 : 7:02:06 PM
[DUDE!]

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/12/2002 : 7:01:43 PM
SWEET!

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/12/2002 : 6:59:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the unofficial official date is July 2.
-J

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/12/2002 : 6:12:02 PM
Alright, so when can we expect the album?

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/12/2002 : 1:11:20 PM
OH i heard from my jazz bass teacher about them doing a new album. He knows some friends of dmb, and said that the whole band, plus butch taylor was going on the road from virginia to los angeles(i think) and were gonna practice on the trip to get ready to record a new album. so apparently butch taylor will be on it(which is damned cool...) I just heard this yesterday, so it's pretty new news.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/12/2002 : 12:25:34 PM
The only thing we won't tolerate is intolerance.

TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/12/2002 : 10:42:58 AM
Damn dude, I've seen you people tell other people that people are entitled to their opinions (hope that makes sense) so stop bitching about those guys liking Carson Daily cause that's their OPINION, so let them have it, damn.

But don't worry, I hate that guy. And I DO NOT want DMB to be on that shit show The Last Call, or what ever it's called.

{=HTG=} Posted - 04/12/2002 : 10:07:21 AM
I heard that DMB is going to produce there next cd. That true?

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/11/2002 : 9:30:14 PM
Exactly... I thought the exact same thing about some of the bass lines. I also thought the same thing about a lot of the violin work... it all sounded like something that a pianist would add in using a Korg Triton, rather than someone who actually knows their instrument.
-J

Fleabass76 Posted - 04/11/2002 : 7:40:59 PM
I thought Everyday had some good ideas but it was just too sweet and overproduced. Glen Ballard is great for people like Morriset and Aerosmith because that's what they sound like: Sweet poppy produced POP. It just wasn't DMB's style, and personally, If I was in DMB I would have been insulted to play exactly what Ballard and Dave wanted note for note. Being a bass player, I can here on that alot of the bass lines weren't written by Stefan cuz it doesn't sound like a bass player wrote the lines, it sounds like a piano player did. It's understandable to ask a band to play like that if it's not their project and they're just sitting in doing sessions, but this is the dave matthews BAND, not just the Glen and Dave show. That's my rant for the month.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/11/2002 : 3:37:43 PM
I think the LWS are some of the best songs i've heard by DMB. It's up there with Before these Crowded Streets (my fav. DMB cd) But Everyday....ppppplllllleeeeeeaaaaaassssssssseeeeee.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/11/2002 : 3:25:55 PM
Haha I remember reading the promo interviews where the band said stuff like, "This is some of the best stuff we've ever done."
-J

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/11/2002 : 1:36:05 PM
yeah lilywhite is soo much better than everyday. Even Carter didn't like Everyday, here's a link of him talking about it http://www2.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/dmb04052002.htm

it's like FINALLY someone says something about the album!

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/11/2002 : 12:55:05 PM
I think when you compare Everyday to other bands' work... it is still a GREAT album. It's just not on par with what DMB usually puts out... but between the Chicago show and the release of this material so close afterwards, I think they are redeeming themselves and then some.
-J

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/11/2002 : 12:49:51 PM
Oh, ok. I thought you meant that there was an actual date or something for release.

Yeah, I liked Lillywhite way better than Everyday, too. I will say that I can dig Space Between, now, but not at first. So that's good. I don't even bother with the rest of the album, tho. I can't even tell you what songs are on it.

I'm looking forward to ... The Summer So Far ... (is that right?), too. That's great.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/11/2002 : 12:46:19 PM
Before this current tour, DMB went into the studio to re-record most of the Lillywhite Sessions and a few other songs. I remember hearing that they took a brief break from the studio work to go play at the olympics. The tentative release date for this album is supposed to be this summer... which is why I'm guessing you are seeing a lot of LS stuff in their setlists now. The first single is supposed to sound like a medium between Crush and Crash... which, in other words means... "cannot be bad." I can't wait for this album to come out... I thought the songs off of LS were FAR better than on Everyday. Anyway, that's the gist of it. :)
-J

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/11/2002 : 12:26:26 PM
quote:

especially with the pending release of the Lillywhite Sessions.

Tell me more. I haven't heard about this.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/11/2002 : 11:29:58 AM
I definitely wouldn't say sellout... especially with the pending release of the Lillywhite Sessions. They saw something the fans wanted and are acting accordingly. I think that's great.
-J

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/11/2002 : 11:03:49 AM
quote:

That's extactly why some people i know dont even bother to listen to them anymore. They call them sell outs and a pop band.

I would be one of those people you know. Though I don't call them sellouts, I just think that they lost integrity as a band in my opinion. I'll keep the DMB bashing to a minimum, because I know we have a lot of DMB fans here, and I respect everyones choice in music.

I don't think their sellouts though, i Mean, we haven't seen them pushing Pepsi or KFC..

But therew as that twix commercial.....

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/11/2002 : 06:15:29 AM
quote:
I think its that DMB has reached a more mainstream, poppy crowd
That's extactly why some people i know dont even bother to listen to them anymore. They call them sell outs and a pop band.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/10/2002 : 5:51:14 PM
In my best Cartman voice:

Oh....My.....God.....You Guys....

You know, I don't think its that DMB fans from back in 93, 94, and 95 have gotten into Carson adn TRL type shows and music, I think its that DMB has reached a more mainstream, poppy crowd (A BIG reason I don't listen to them anymore) and THOSE people have always liked Carson and TRL and of course now Last Call.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Saint Jude Posted - 04/10/2002 : 12:11:04 PM
did anyone see when dave was on trl. and talked about getting high to which carson stuttered, some mummbled respons. And the dave saw a girl in the crowd that had a north carolina (i think its nc) game cocks hat on that said simply cock. and dave looks out and says to carson, hey look carson that girl has a cock on her head. shes got cock. - and carson stuttered again, o yes, um the game cocks.

carson is a tool.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/10/2002 : 02:52:22 AM
I don't think that's anything a nice mushroom shaped bruise on the forehead won't fix.
-J

{=HTG=} Posted - 04/10/2002 : 01:34:57 AM
Oh......my........god (falls to the floor, gripping knees to his chest and whimpering softly)

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000