Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 top 5 bands

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 03/31/2002 : 2:47:14 PM
i know this topic is probably overdone in message boards, but hell i'm new to this, and curious about all the other fellers who use this board, and what they listen to. what do y'all think the top 5 bands are, outside of Tim Reynolds. here's my 5
1.phish
2. bela fleck and the flecktones
3. DMB
4. dreamtheater
5. jimi hendrix

74   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
centurybrother Posted - 05/08/2003 : 12:40:06 PM
can't say my favorite 5, but maybe in 2 ctegories...

Progressive:

Yes
Camel
Genesis
Wishbone Ash
Rush

Solo Acoustic:

Tim Reynolds
Phil Keggy
Keller Williams
Leo Kottke
Steve Howe

(nice to hear somebody else knows of UFO too!)
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/08/2003 : 11:55:57 AM
MY top 5 list has changed, and some newbies might want to add their top 5.

1. Phish
2. DMB
3. moe.
4. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
5. Oteil and the Peacemakers

and any side projects with these people(i.e. allman brothers, vida blue, TAB, kottke/gordon, Jazz mandolin project, T&D, ARU, Bela Solo, Victor Solo, Vital Tech tones, etc...)
rhymsesthecat Posted - 12/15/2002 : 11:49:38 AM
you guys should really check out Livin Proof
they are great and mainly play NYC
rhymsesthecat Posted - 12/15/2002 : 11:48:16 AM
Dave Matthews
Trey
Bela
Moe
Tim

but they all have a special place in my heart

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/13/2002 : 12:40:16 PM
I'm not sure I want to get into my dirty little musical secrets. Mostly it's no one that people here bash, so I think I'm ok there... Some ok ones that I like a lot... Cake (I think their bass player is good, but what do I know)... Weezer, Offspring... Bush (as long as I don't have to listen to them often).

That's all that pops into my head at the moment.
Fleabass76 Posted - 12/12/2002 : 5:07:02 PM
HOLY SHIT. I just heard this awesome band out of DC called Faraquet. Do you know who they are Fluffy? They're more progressive most modern rock stuff. I like it alot...
PJK Posted - 12/05/2002 : 05:55:30 AM
I am so glad I did too...nice secret! Don't know them so I can't say what I think but I love the BeeGee's and the Rat Pack, come on, they are classic!!!! All three of those guys give me the goosebumps when they sing especially Frank!

Hey, I love John Philip Sousa marches! My favorite movie for years was Stars and Stripes Forever with Clifton Webb Robert Wagner and Debra Paget, ! My family used to tease me big time when I was growing up, because every 4th of July I had to watch that movie!hehehehe I actually bought the VHS afew years ago. It's a sappy black and white film but I love it. I love a lot of the old black and white movies.
Fluffy Posted - 12/05/2002 : 05:38:15 AM
Some of my dirty little secrets:

F.G.T.H.
ABBA
Bay City Rollers
BeeGees
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
that Mambo#5 song(I don't even know who thats by)
Christina Aguilera
Shakira Unplugged and the new one
Faith Hill
Dixie Chicks
Shania Twain
The Banana Splits
TV theme song CDs
current Rod Stewart(he is one of my all-TIMe faves,older is preferable, but I like the new stuff as well)
Tom Jones
T.L.C.
EnVogue

I guess those are the ones that immediately come to mind. I just like a little innocuous pop music from TIMe to TIMe. I a sucker for a hook or a gimmick. I was a huge fan of Sigue Sigue Sputnik, considered to be one of the worst bands of all TIMe and touted as the gimmick of the century. I actually got to see them live a total of 3 TIMes. Twice in London and once at 1 of their only 2 US dates in NYC. They rocked out and it was quite a spectacle. It was alot of fun and I admire them for flying in the face of adversity. Apparently they are still kicking about as I just picked up a new CD by them called "Blak Elvis vs. The Kings of Electronic Rock & Roll". 8 of the 11 songs are variations(I shudder to call them covers) of Elvis songs. I discovered them while I lived in London b4 they were signed. I still believe they were ahead of their TIMe.

I would imagine anyone with good taste, as all of you do have, will absolutely hate them. I on the other hand, absolutely adore them musically, visually, and conceptually. They stirred things up in my day, and I am happy to rediscover and report, they are still stirring things up, thanx to the internet.

YOU ASKED!!! HAHAHAHAHA
PJK Posted - 12/04/2002 : 06:31:22 AM
OOOOOOOH care to share them?????? Two of my favorite words....dirty and secret......you can drop the little part hehehehehe.

BTW Jason....I just ordered a Led Zeppelin CD....I really do have to stop buying and start burning!
Fluffy Posted - 12/04/2002 : 03:28:32 AM
We all have our dirty little secrets when it comes to music, unlike most people, I am proud of mine!! HEHE
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/03/2002 : 11:49:08 PM
Seems that my name isn't listed...but it seems that my list very closely matches one other name here...hmmmm..

In all honesty, I have to say that I probably do not have 5 favorites. I like a lot, but I only listen to very few things. That's one reason all my music collections baffle me so much. I have all this stuff, but I rarely listen to it. That said, I'll try to pick 5.

Tim Reynolds
Leo Kottke
Dave Matthews Band
Led Zeppelin
Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath

The line above indicates where the taste is transient. And since that would be number six on the list anyway...I guess that's ok. Sometimes its ABB, sometime it is Pink Floyd, sometimes it is whoever. Sometimes it is even bands with really shitty guitar players and dumb lyrics. I won't get into who and what songs, but I like to consider them my dirty little secrets.
Fluffy Posted - 12/03/2002 : 11:11:39 PM
I know what you mean PJK, but it is always fun to challenge yourself and try to figure out the top ones. Mine seem to change from TIMe to TIMe. I guess it just depends on when you ask me. I try to narrow it down by my biggest influences more than my fave 5. My fave 5 changes day to day but my influences I seem to find stay pretty constant.

Fluffy:
quote:
Fave Music: Beatles, Beach Boys, Ron Wood, Flaming Lips, Monster Magnet, Rod Stewart & the Faces, Albert Strange, Fear Factory, Chris Whitley, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Britney Spears(thanx to Eura), Kyuss, the Dead(prior to '70), King Crimson, Hank Williams Sr, The Orb, Psychic TV, Throbbing Gristle, KK Null & Zeni Geva, Kiss, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Marilyn Manson, NIN, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Francis Dunnery, Sonia & Disappear Fear, Milla, Einsturzende Neubauten, John Oswald & Plunderphonics, Simon & Garfunkel, Black Crowes, Soundgarden, Public Enemy, Al Green, Robert Johnson, Johnny Cash, Dionne Warwick, Woody & Arlo Guthrie, Fugazi, Minor Threat, The Meatmen, Hanoi Rocks, Sweet, Lords of the New Church, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Janes Addiction, The Who, and on and on and on!!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93&whichpage=1
PJK Posted - 12/03/2002 : 07:29:18 AM
Hummm 5 top er....top 10

Beatles
Soko
Tim Reynolds
Moody Blues
Smashing Pumpkins...and I assume I will equally love Zwan
Peter Gabriel
Grateful Dead
Simon and Garfunkel
Radiohead
Jimi Hendrix
How on earth do you limit to top 5..I don't even want to stop at 10...I love sooooo many but these are the ones I couldn't live without
Fluffy Posted - 12/02/2002 : 10:38:12 PM
great topic, TTT for the new folks!! Lets us find out more about you and you can find out more about us.

And Kevin, could we maybe edit your post to have fewer...........so it it easier to read. I hate left to right scrolling.
Jay Posted - 04/14/2002 : 6:49:42 PM
good! YOU EVEN REMEMBERED THE APOSTROPHE! GREAT JOB!!!!!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Captain Petersburgh Posted - 04/14/2002 : 5:14:10 PM
ok. i'll try to check 'em oot.

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
Jay Posted - 04/14/2002 : 3:42:16 PM
quote:
That still leaves the door open to those of us who can spell.

Hahahahahahahahaha! That was perfect. Mike can't spell worth a flyin fuck! I shall translate:

)Yellow Jackets
2)DMB
3)TR
4)The Samples
5)GordOn LiGHtfoot (GordOn Heavy-Toe as my dad calls him)
6)Leo Kottke (LEO!!!!!!!! eh, jay?)
7)Frank Sinatra (eh, YOU don't make funna frankie.....frankie is gonna make funna YOU......)
8)Rat Pack
9)Eric Clapton
10)Ween
*note this listing is subject to change. Captain petersburgh cannot and will not be helD responSible if this list changes. got that? ok good.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/14/2002 : 3:32:18 PM
I know I've said it before glue... but if you like the Yellow Jackets, you MUST check out the Rippingtons, Spyro Gyra, and Norman Brown. My fave albums among those guys are Rippingtons- Sahara, and Spyro Gyra- 20/20. If you've not heard their stuff before you're going to want to give me head after checking them out.
-J

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:35:10 PM
You won't be held responcible, huh?

That still leaves the door open to those of us who can spell.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:08:27 PM
1)Yellow jackets
2)DMB
3)TR
4)The Samples
5)Gordan Litefoot (gordan heavytoe as my dad calls him)
6)Leo Kottke (LEO!!!!!!!! eh, jay?)
7)Frank Sinatra (eh, u don't make funna frankie.....frankie is gonna make funna u......)
8)Rat Pack
9)Eric Clapton
10)Ween

*note this listing is subject to change. Captain petersburgh cannot and willnot be helf responcible if this list changes. got that? ok good.

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 1:40:00 PM
Maybe I can think of 5 bands...

Oh, and I'll assume that Solo artists count as "bands."

1. Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews.
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath when Oz was with them.)
4. Leo Kottke

Ok, 5. is a complete toss-up. I could go with just about a whole bunch of people. So I'll just leave it at 4.

LizT Posted - 04/14/2002 : 11:24:29 AM
U2 is very kewl. I went to a show last year in Philly. It was a great show. That heart shaped cat walk was quite a production.

Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 09:26:28 AM
I took my sister to her first U2 concert. WAR tour. I just gave her the sweatshirt I bought at that show. It doesn't fit me anymore. Waaaaahhhh!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/05/2002 : 7:47:19 PM
I'm surprised no one else has said anything aboot U2........

"I do what I can with what I've got."
dick mountjoy Posted - 04/04/2002 : 8:44:40 PM
top 5 bands of all time is just way too hard...

so the bands/artists I listened to at work today:
TR
Tool
Ari Hest
David Gray
Greg Howard
DMB
System of a down
Disturbed
John Mayer
The Doors
John Frusciante

pcbTIM Posted - 04/04/2002 : 8:00:47 PM
To tell you the truth....I don't like Coldplay anymore........that is ever since my roommate decided to put one of their CDs on for like a week straight. Listening to the while trying to sleep at 4:00 A.M. can probably ruin them for anyone though. But I still think they're OK, as long as I get them in small doses.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/04/2002 : 3:43:31 PM
They are solid... they remind me a little of David Grey in terms of the feel of their songs.
-J

Jason Posted - 04/04/2002 : 3:38:51 PM
In my humble opinion not necesarily in order but the 5 that I have been listening to most recently

Coldplay
Incubus
Radiohead
Ben Harper
Big Wrek

Like I said not in order and maybe not most favorite, but good groups if you ask me....

Curious how other people on this board feel about Coldplay? What do ya think

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/04/2002 : 1:43:57 PM
yeah, white ladder is def. one of my best albums, good stuff!

Fluffy Posted - 04/04/2002 : 04:28:40 AM
Welcome aBOARD TRNQBSfan!!! Glad to have you aBOARD!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/03/2002 : 10:19:50 PM
There is nothing wrong with stripping music down to basis of simplicity every once in a while.
-J

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/03/2002 : 10:13:36 PM
quote:

good call with the david gray there. i got into him awhile ago, he's damn awesome! good vocal quality, and beautiful piano/guitar work, even if it isn't very complex or flashy, but it doesn't need to be

yeah, white ladder actually has osme of his simpliest songs on it, but theyre also some of his best. that DVD of his is simply awesome, not fancy guitar work or anything like we've said, but there doesnt need to be, its pure emotion. espcially, Shine.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/03/2002 : 10:07:20 PM
good call with the david gray there. i got into him awhile ago, he's damn awesome! good vocal quality, and beautiful piano/guitar work, even if it isn't very complex or flashy, but it doesn't need to be

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/03/2002 : 9:58:35 PM
David Gray will always be my #1, he doesnt rip off any huge solos or riffs, but his songwriting inspires me more than anything.

Tied for #1 would be our own Tim Reynolds, he inspires me differently than David Gray, in the way of an instrumental guitarist, and the electric side of Tim is my #1 inspiration in writing harder/weirder songs.

Live is another one, huge inspiration, the only song of theirs that i dont like is the one cowritten by glen ballard, go figure.

other 2

Nickelback
Five for Fighting
Disturbed
Alice in Chains
Bela Fleck
CCR
Blues Traveler
MushroomHead
Sevendust
Deftones
Metallica...the list goes on and on and on, trust me

okay, thatsmore than 2...

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
TRincubsfan Posted - 04/03/2002 : 9:44:03 PM
my five favorite artists/bands are

Tim Reynolds
Phil Keaggy
Incubus
Alice in Chains
Dave matthews

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/03/2002 : 1:53:11 PM
quote:
SHAKIRA

KevinLesko Posted - 04/03/2002 : 03:47:45 AM
BEN FOLDS! Hard-dee-Har-Har

Actually that was pretty cleaver!

KevinLesko Posted - 04/03/2002 : 03:46:33 AM
yup thats right! Not only is she hot as Hell, but I actually do like her music, not her new Americanized POP, but her earlier Spanish stuff actually is very catchy.

Fluffy Posted - 04/03/2002 : 03:45:30 AM
So I guess the headline for Ben Folds 5 breaking up could read:

BEN FOLDS!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 04/03/2002 : 03:44:51 AM
Well since I never actually posted my top 5 here goes nothing. Like has been said before.. its really impossible to pick 5, so these are the 1st 5 that come to mind at the moment.

1. TR3
2. Bela & the Tones!
3. System of a Down
4. SOKO
5. +Live+

Also, Tool, Medeski, BB5, Guster, DMB, Jackopiece, Marilyn Manson, Vertical Horizon, Paul Simon,

AND .................................................................................................................................................

SHAKIRA

plus tons more I can't think of right now
pcbTIM Posted - 04/02/2002 : 10:37:52 PM
That's what I thought. Because I saw that video "rockin' the suburbs" and it was only him playing all the instruments.

Saint Jude Posted - 04/02/2002 : 10:18:52 PM
(R.I.P)??? Does that mean that the band is gone and only Ben is left or do you mean Ben is dead?

The band completly broke up, ben just hapens to have the name ben folds... so when people see 'ben folds' they think its still the same band. but the band completly broke up and he is doing solo stuff now.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 10:06:18 PM
and my new fave of the moment:

Richard Davies from The Moles

Turns out he was in a band I was a big fan of called Cardinal with Eric Matthews. Weird story, wanna hear? Who cares, I will tell you anyway. So at the old 9:30 club our head DJ used to play this song by a band called The Moles. It was called "Nailing Jesus To the Cross". I loved that song. I have been searching for this album/CD for almost 10 years. No luck! :( Then a couple of weeks ago someone traded in a CD at the record store by a band called The Moles. Turned out to be a different band, but it renewed my interest in locating this relic from my youth. I started searching on the internet to see what I could find out and try to figure out how hard it was gonna be to get. Well as I searched I discovered that the leader of The Moles was Richard Davies, which I had never known since I had never even seen the record. I just knew the song name and the band name. Turns out that this guy Richard Davies was later in a band called Cardinal which I was a huge fan of. While being a huge fan of Cardinal I never knew that Cardinal was related to The Moles. No idea. When I discovered that I knew that I would probably like almost any music this guy did. So I went on half.com and bought all his solo albums and both Moles albums. They are fucking awesome! He is my current fave of the moment. Small side note, I was playing it in my car when I was driving the guys from Midnight Oil back and forth to the club and their hotel the other nite and the singer really dug it. He is pretty obscure in this country but I figured Richard would be a little bigger in his country, Australia. So when the singer asked who it was I was like Richard Davies, you probably know him, he is from Australia. Blank face. Never heard of him. But he really dug it and wrote all the info down about it so he could look for a copy for himself. Small world. In case I didn't mention Midnight Oil is from Australia. So singer from Australia has to come to America to find out about another band from Australia. Pretty Weird. If you read all this and enjoyed it, I am glad. If you read all this and now you are pissed you wasted your time. Next time don't read my long rambling posts. You have been warned.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/02/2002 : 9:47:27 PM
thanks for the great lists fluffy, i really like your tastes, i'm surprised you can remember all those names man! shit, i'm blown away.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/02/2002 : 8:35:00 PM
(R.I.P)??? Does that mean that the band is gone and only Ben is left or do you mean Ben is dead?

Saint Jude Posted - 04/02/2002 : 5:39:53 PM
Ok after careful deliberation here are my five fave bands..... not saying they are the most talented, best ever... but here they are.

1. Tool
2. Smashing Pumpkins
3. Ben Folds Five (R.I.P.)
4. N.I.N.
5. R.H.C.P.

Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 5:29:56 PM
As you can imagine there have been many lists posted on this board. I have pulled together some others that might interest you. The first is the answer to the question:What do we listen to on the road?

As far as what we listen to, It is never the radio. We all bring CDs and we take turns playing stuff. Things you might hear in the TR touring van:
Fear Factory
New Perry Farrell
Pantera
John McLaughlin and Mahavishnu Orch
Donovan
The Who
Chris Whitley
Machinehead
Butthole Surfers
New Slayer album(AWESOME)
Neurosis
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Revolting Cocks
NIN
Ministry
Yes
Steve Stevens
Psychic TV
Motorhead
Bomb
Henry Rollins
Joe Walsh
Frank Zappa
Kittie
Brujeria
Black Sabbath
Depeche Mode
Nick Cave
Unida
Kyuss
Monster Magnet
Pink Floyd
Skinny Puppy(a big fave right now)
Ohgr(solo stuff)
Spirit Caravan
Prong
Queens of the Stoneage
Old Man Gloom
ISIS
Karma to Burn
Laughing Hyenas
Helmet(another big fave at the moment)
Foetus
Swans
ZZ Top
Deep Purple

These are the things I can remember we have listened to so far on this tour.

This is a continutation of my list of some of my fave bands.

........John, Coltrane, The Wrens, The Hand, Johnny Society, Orange Goblin, Tool, Pat MacDonald, T. Rex, Alice Cooper, Billy Cobham's Glass Menagerie, Truly, Devon, Sonny Landreth, Owsley, Hovercraft, Mellow, Erick Matthews & Cardinal, Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Heart, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Sham 69, The Jam, The Stranglers, Gooding, Cheap Trick, 16 Horsepower, Kepone, Karma To Burn, Mellow, Jellyfish, Sugarplastic, Jason Falkner, Traffic, Hovercraft, Cotton Mather, The Doors, Black Sabbath, MC5, New York Dolls, Johnny Thunders, Gladhands, Thin Lizzy, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Corporate Avenger, Butthole Surfers, Peter Gabriel, Rammstein, Frank Zappa, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Iron Maiden, Guns & Roses, Smack, High Llamas, Spirit Caravan, Ry Cooder, Thud, Peach of Immortality, Furnace, XTC, Neil Young, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pat Travers, Frank Marino & Mahoganey Rush, Rainbow, Michael Schenker Group, Scorpions, Robin Trower, Larry Coryell, John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Paco DeLucia, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Art Ensemble of Chicago, The Last Poets, Boogie Down Productions(BDP), Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow, WAR, The Kinks, Ian Gillan, Ted Nugent, Ian Lloyd & The Stories, Donovan, Jeff Beck, Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, The Police, Klark Kent, Road, Adrian Belew & The Bears, Steve Vai, UFO, ZZ Top, Joe Walsh, Missing Persons, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Cabaret Voltaire, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Love & Rockets, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Todd Snider, Bill Miller, Small Faces, The Hollies, Buddy Holly, The Fluid, Big Chief, Husker Du, The Replacements, Love Battery, Masters of Reality, London Quireboys, Radiohead, Blur, Fishbone, Parlaiment/Funkadelic, Marty Willson-Piper, Opeth, Rush, Judas Priest, The Carpenters, The Dandy Warhols, Elliot Smith, Fluf, Fluffy, Tim Reynolds, and on and on and on.............some of my favorite bands are STONER ROCK bands:
KYUSS
ORANGE GOBLIN
BLACK SABBATH
NEBULA
MONSTER MAGNET

Here is a link to some lists of other peoples fave lists on the board.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=748

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 5:21:17 PM
Hey VWF, I think this may have been before your time. You may want to check it out to get more dirt on all of us. There is also a more extensive list of SOME of my favorite bands posted there.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/02/2002 : 1:40:09 PM
Thank you all for posting your top band picks, i especially enjoyed fluffy's list! Good stuff there man! it's nice lookin' thru the diverse mind's of the people on the board. Thank ya all

tericee Posted - 04/02/2002 : 1:23:35 PM
quote:

I don't mind the traffic that much (probably because I've always been in it), but I definetely agree with you Kevin aboot the drivers! God! It's like they have to all own the road! Just do what I do and just let that person who's had his right blinker on for the last ten minutes in front of you! So you'll be back ONE CAR LENGTH!!!! SO WHAT?!?!?!

Have you seen the new AAA commercial where the people in the grocery store drive their carts like LA drivers? It's hilarious and depressing at the same time.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Jay Posted - 04/02/2002 : 12:12:57 PM
Fluffy, that was a VERY cut down list up there! Are those definately your top five?

Jay
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/01/2002 : 8:46:30 PM
1.Dave Matthews Band (Gunna see them this summer for the first time, can't wait.)
2.Incubus
3.A Perfect Circle
4.TOOL
5.Sublime

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

"I can't believe that we would lie in our graves dreaming of things that we might have been." -Dave Matthews

Fluffy Posted - 04/01/2002 : 3:26:37 PM
Beach Boys
The Beatles
The Faces
Ron Wood
Rod Stewart
The Flaming Lips
Chris Whitley
of of course Tim Reynolds

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 04/01/2002 : 3:23:19 PM
pcbdmb wrote:
quote:
(Like how the first three are all acronyms?)

Kev wrote:
quote:
n.o.?

HEHE HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Saint Jude Posted - 04/01/2002 : 09:53:14 AM
I dont want to answer this question because it makes my head hurt to think about it.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/01/2002 : 06:48:18 AM
I don't mind the traffic that much (probably because I've always been in it), but I definetely agree with you Kevin aboot the drivers! God! It's like they have to all own the road! Just do what I do and just let that person who's had his right blinker on for the last ten minutes in front of you! So you'll be back ONE CAR LENGTH!!!! SO WHAT?!?!?!

Jay Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:34:04 PM
accually, that little thing up there was in a home video i made with some friends. We had all this ancient plastic people,and we had a thousand little props. One guy had a gun in his hand, so we taped a little crate of milk bottles on his arm, and made an SNL-esque commercail oot of it...my god it was funny!

Jay
KevinLesko Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:29:39 PM
Ahhh, that 'toughness' of LA I could care less about, I went to a high school with tons of gangs... its the fucking drivers and traffic there that I can't stand.

KevinLesko Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:27:47 PM
For some reason this reminded me of Timmy from Road Rules 2. He was driving in LA and pulled over to ask a gagster "excuse me Homeslice, where's the cheeze whiz" LOL that guy was nuts

Jay Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:22:57 PM
*Pulls oot an extremely large pistol, switches the crate of glass milk bottles to his right arm*
"It's tough bein' the milkman in L.A!

Jay
pcbTIM Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:17:57 PM
Oh you definetely don't want to go into L.A.!

KevinLesko Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:07:33 PM
If it does mean New Orleans, no. I'm seeing them in Anaheim, Califonia at the House of Blues. I have a ticket for the L.A. show at the Wiltern too but I'm going to try to sell that one because I barely found out about the Anaheim show, and that saves me a drive into freekin LA.

{=HTG=} Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:04:21 PM
1.Dave Matthews Band.
2.Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.
3.TOOL
4.Sublime
5.Incubus

"Lean upon me,
I'll lean upon you,
We'll be okay"
-Dave Matthews-
Jay Posted - 03/31/2002 : 8:03:43 PM
1:TR, of course
2:Kelly Joe Phelps
3:DMB
4:Gordon Lightfoot
5:Ween
That's a VERY rough order, as each band has it's TIMe.

Jay
pcbTIM Posted - 03/31/2002 : 6:45:18 PM
I'm guessing New Orleans.

KevinLesko Posted - 03/31/2002 : 6:44:04 PM
n.o.?

pcbTIM Posted - 03/31/2002 : 6:43:25 PM
1. TR
2. DMB
3. U2 (Like how the first three are all acronyms?)
4. Collective Soul
5. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones (just got into them)

crash258 Posted - 03/31/2002 : 6:00:20 PM
in n.o. kevin ?

dan p. Posted - 03/31/2002 : 5:57:02 PM
1. tool
2. bela fleck and the flecktones
3. incubus
4. dmb
5. peter gabriel

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
KevinLesko Posted - 03/31/2002 : 5:55:21 PM
I'm going to see Medeski Martin & Wood in about 3 weeks! I'm excited. I hope the venue allows cameras, If they do I'll bring my digital camera and take a bunch of pics.

crash258 Posted - 03/31/2002 : 5:50:10 PM
this is stupid.

1. moe.
2. the wooten brothers
3. medeski martin and wood
4. string cheese incident
5. jazz mandolin project
6. phish
7. bela fleck and the flecktones
8. dmb
9. jazz farmers
0. the super jam in new orleans 2001
(Beauford, Redman, Ndegeocello, Medeski & Ribot)

peace

p

victorwootenfan Posted - 03/31/2002 : 3:08:24 PM
that's understandable. Some of their stuff kinda seems very technical without the real emotion/feeling to it. but also i'm talking about older dreamtheater stuff, some of the newer stuff from them isn't at all as good. but damn, they are some talented mofos at that!

Erich with an h Posted - 03/31/2002 : 3:01:46 PM
oh, and i saw Dream Theater in concert on Wed last week. I fell asleep through it. Im sorry, theyre talented as all hell, but the music fucking bores me. And theres only one band out there that can make a 45 minute song without it looking pretentious, and thats Jethro Tull.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Erich with an h Posted - 03/31/2002 : 3:00:10 PM
I cant give you a top 5, it has to be a top 10. although, since it *is* in order, you can find the top 5 pretty easily...

Pink Floyd
Metallica
The Cure
Dave Matthews
Barenaked Ladies
Tori Amos
Jethro Tull
Elton John
Tim Reynolds
Sting

Honerable Mention:

The Gathering