Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Which would you rather be......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 03/30/2002 : 10:55:32 AM
Dave Matthews or Tim Reynolds?

http://daveboard.dnsq.org/messages/534.html

I found this link while surfing the web. The link appears to be dead, but I still had to post the question for all to see. I think we all know what we would answer. HEHE

PS:Neither, I like being Fluffy, I like being me, but if I had to choose, I would be TR. Guitar ability over Money(hypothetically speaking of course HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
85   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 04/20/2002 : 03:22:52 AM
Liz said:
quote:
The NY MSG shows are postponed until the end of May.

The New York MonoSodiumGlutamate shows? Is he playing at a chinese restaurant? I would think chinese food would be good for your throat, all those soups and hot liquids. I think he should do the show anyway, could be good for him. Hot liquids, that what the doctors say for a sore throat, but why am i telling you this. You are a nurse. NEVERMIND, HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jay Posted - 04/19/2002 : 5:34:25 PM
I'm seeig the boys on Wed. the 24th. I sure hope it isn;t cancelled. I'm seeing Kelly Joe Phelps this weekend on sunday! I can't wait! I'm writting a review f the show...so when Jean-Francois post it, i'll post it here!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
LizT Posted - 04/19/2002 : 5:24:47 PM
Eat, drink and be merry my friend!!!

LizT Posted - 04/19/2002 : 5:22:11 PM
As far as I can see, there is no mention of postponing tonight or tomorrow. Looks cool to me. Heck yeah, you go girl!!!

LizT Posted - 04/19/2002 : 5:18:15 PM
I'll check the warehouse for ya right now .

Evergreen Posted - 04/19/2002 : 4:39:26 PM
Wow I wonder if DMB will still be playing in Montreal this Sunday night cause a friend asked me to go. She has 6th row seats and I was seriously considering it. Do you know anything about it or only the MSG shows?
Thanx

LizT Posted - 04/19/2002 : 4:17:25 PM
Sort of back to the original topic......I just read on the warehouse website that Mr. Matthews has strained his vocal cords and has been medically advised not to sing. The NY MSG shows are postponed until the end of May. I don't think I'd want to be Dave at the moment.......

Hope he has a quick recovery.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/19/2002 : 08:19:37 AM
D'OH!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Fluffy Posted - 04/19/2002 : 04:57:06 AM
I am afraid the "What the fuck" thread has confused you and now it is carrying over into other threads. You are confused!!! Oh and by the way, shouldn't it be "I still have no idea what you are talking ABOOT"?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/18/2002 : 8:23:48 PM
Fluffy said:
quote:

Keep in mind you were not the only one who mispelled it(not pointing any fingers,pcbdmb HEHE).

I still have no idea of what you're talking about.

Fluffy Posted - 04/18/2002 : 3:48:11 PM
Hey EVERGREEN, I loved your idea!! It would be great to get paid to do that year round. Now if we could just put your imagination into action, what a better world it would be, at least for me!(and Rew and TR) Actually, I guess all the fans would benefit as well. How nice of you to think of EVERyone, I want to be on your side of the fence, obviously the grass is always GREEN.(that is not a pot reference JAY)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 04/18/2002 : 3:40:10 PM
MyBadSide wrote:
quote:
Fluffy, thanks for the spelling tip. I feel sufficently stupid now, so I'll edit in the vicinity of where I messed up.

Thanks, Spelling Police.

No one understands me.

Hey MBS, I wasn't trying to make you feel stupid, sorry if I did. I probably wouldn't have said anything if it had just been the one time but everyone kept responding to the comment with the same misspelling so I just thought I would post the proper spelling. Keep in mind you were not the only one who mispelled it(not pointing any fingers,pcbdmb HEHE). Just so ya know, I understand you(even when you misspell stuff. HEHE Well most of the TIMe, HEHE)

ps:A number of us have actually been deputized as the Spelling Police by Tericee. Speaking of, where has that girl been? Haven't heard from her in a while or seen her spelling corrections. And there has sure been alot to correct lately, what with the Capt and all, HEHE.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/18/2002 : 2:09:00 PM
The thing is... if anyone complains of symptoms that are characteristic of schizophrenia, such as hearing voices, they are automatically asked to be detained. There was a big psychological study years ago basically meant to stir up controversy, that involved several healthy people reporting certain symptoms of a one-time episode, allowing themselves to be detained for observation, reporting everything to be normal inside the hospital, and seeing how long they were detained. Some hospitals released them quickly, where others kept them for a very long time... keep in mind that these are healthy individuals, and they did nothing out of the norm except report hearing voices once. It was a big thing in the psychology world.
-J

LizT Posted - 04/18/2002 : 1:07:00 PM
I had similar experiences in my psych clinical classes. Poor souls are so heavily medicated. I'm sure there are a lot of miss diagnosed people out there. Or should I say misunderstood...... I'm not saying free the dangerous psychopaths, but there seems to be people under psychiatric care that I just don't get.

Evergreen Posted - 04/18/2002 : 12:36:06 PM
Me either not my area of nursing. I did a clinical once for nursing school in an inpatient psych ward and I couldn't notice anything weird or different about anyone. Most of those people had only ONE out of control episode where the police were involved (could happen to anyone really)and they were forced to be evaluated against their will. And then some were not allowed to leave because the so called experts(doctors) who were evaluating them said they were exhibiting signs of mental illness. Jeez if anyone ever actually evaluated my mind they'd lock me up for years...maybe forever. It's one reason I hate that kind of nursing. I'd be freeing the patients at night like animals at a research lab saying run.... runaway.........

LizT Posted - 04/18/2002 : 12:19:07 PM
Oh fuck no! LOL! Definitely not my area of expertise. I stay away from the psych ward. I'm afraid they may think I belong there and they will lock me up in a padded room!

Evergreen Posted - 04/18/2002 : 12:02:49 PM
Yeah I don't have much but I do have an imagination. Is it good or bad that I continually alter the perception of my reality? Have you had any mental health training....can you help me.

LizT Posted - 04/18/2002 : 11:53:35 AM
Hey girl!! That's quite an imagination you have there! If I was only half as creative..

Evergreen Posted - 04/18/2002 : 11:39:57 AM
OK back to the original question. I'd be Dave.
And I tell the whole world, annouce it before every show and press interview....How incredible Tim is and how everyone should be listening to him. Then I'd build Tim a recording studio with all the finest equipment. When Fluffy's not tour managing he'll run the studio and help TR produce and endless amount of music for the devoted fans on the message board. They will get the recordings first and everyone else a week later. I'd also get Tim a huge RV for the family, and a separate one for Fluffy and Rew. That way they could stay on the road for endless amounts of TIMe and home school the children. I'd mount a giant telescope on the top of the RV along with a deck an swimming pool so Tim and the family could travel around in comfort. I haven't figured out what to do with the horses but I'll think of something.

LizT Posted - 04/18/2002 : 09:44:34 AM
quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

LOL! Join the crowd Patrick. hummm, I can't remember the last TIMe I've been in the vicinity of this state of confusion.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2002 : 10:39:32 PM
Fluffy said:
quote:

Do you guys need some kind of vaccines? Cause I think when you get vaccines you become immune because of the vaccinty in your system.

By the way vicinity V..I..C..I..N..I..T..Y vicinity

I have no idea what you're talking about.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 08:38:26 AM
Fluffy, thanks for the spelling tip. I feel sufficently stupid now, so I'll edit in the vicinity of where I messed up.

Thanks, Spelling Police.

No one understands me.
Fluffy Posted - 04/16/2002 : 06:51:19 AM
Do you guys need some kind of vaccines? Cause I think when you get vaccines you become immune because of the vaccinty in your system.

By the way vicinity V..I..C..I..N..I..T..Y vicinity

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:19:13 AM
Neither you nor your large fellow are in my vicinity, nor would you be, even if standing directly next to me.

No one understands me.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:16:08 AM
No but I have one.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:12:32 AM
Well, are you a large fellow?

pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:10:41 AM
Even if I was standing right next to you?

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:09:45 AM
It wouldn't matter what my parameters were. They wouldn't include you, so therefore, you could never be in my vicinity. Therefore I'm the least person in my vicinity, ever, and forever.

Peace, and word to yo mamma.

chatterballs Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:07:06 AM
I'd say I'm the least competitive...but I'm too lazy.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:05:43 AM
It depends on what parameters you use to define it....

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 02:00:32 AM
quote:

quote:

Man, I'm the least competitive person in this vacinity.

No. In fact...I'm the most non-competitive....so I win.

You're not in my vicinity.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2002 : 01:58:33 AM
quote:

Man, I'm the least competitive person in this vacinity.

No. In fact...I'm the most non-competitive....so I win.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 01:52:45 AM
Vicinity is an underused, underappreciated word.

YOU BETTAH RECOGNIZE, BEEYOTCH!

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 01:51:55 AM
Three rights - end up going toward from where you started.
Four rights - end up going away from where you started.

Heck, maybe it IS four rights. I guess I stand corrected. I was right for my own reasons.

But you are right for the purpose of this conversation.

Man, I'm the least competitive person in this vicinity.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/16/2002 : 01:48:04 AM
quote:
Nope.....four rights.

But if you went right four times... WAIT A SEC!

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/16/2002 : 01:46:13 AM
Nope, three rights.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/16/2002 : 12:57:36 AM
quote:

No, I think it's three right's and then PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Nope.....four rights.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/15/2002 : 8:46:13 PM
No, I think it's three right's and then PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Fluffy Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:26:25 PM
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:16:48 PM
Fluffy, I have NO idea. Sorry.

Fluffy Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:15:24 PM
HTG, how do you get to Carnegie Hall?

(and don't send me directions from mapquest or something like that. I know you guys to well. HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/15/2002 : 5:04:01 PM
I hope, one day, i'll be up to Tim's skill and able to play Turn it into Love. If I could play that, I would be forever satisfied with my guitar playing. . . .ah, one day.

Jay Posted - 04/15/2002 : 4:43:39 PM
quote:
leo kottke cuz of his baratone singin' voice. of the choices though i would be tim cuz of his talent. DAMN THE TORPEDOES... FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

Leo Kottke BECAUSE of his BARITONE singin' voice. Of the choices though I would be Tim BECAUSE of his talent. Damn the torpedoes...Full speed ahead!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Fluffy Posted - 04/15/2002 : 3:38:51 PM
I don't think I would feel special if my name was Dave, I would only feel a little special if I was actually DAVE.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 1:49:48 PM
But if your name is Dave, surely you feel just a little special.

LizT Posted - 04/14/2002 : 11:47:25 AM
quote:
I bet Dave gets more offers of free sex from groupies... Maybe not every 8 seconds, but more often than any of you guys get offers for sex.

Teri, I think you've got that right. It's most annoying at a show when there are those drunk psycho nutbrain girls ( good description silky) screaming and yelling: Dave I want to marry you, I love you Dave, and so on..

Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 08:50:15 AM
There are still lots of Kottke fans aBOARD the board:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=87

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/10/2002 : 02:38:09 AM
The biggest Leo fan here has gone awol...
-J

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/09/2002 : 11:55:40 PM
Whoa, is there a Leo Kottke fan in here?

Jason Posted - 04/09/2002 : 6:32:49 PM
I think I would also have to pick Dave. Tim is awesome don't get me wrong....I would only be Dave from Dave Matthews band though..I wouldn't want to be in the Dave Matthews band. That might sound very crazy, but I like what Dave does solo more than what he does with his band. I just like acoustic guitar singer/songwriter type things though.

Captain Petersburgh Posted - 04/09/2002 : 6:27:00 PM
leo kottke cuz of his baratone singin' voice. of the choices though i would be tim cuz of his talent. DAMN THE TORPEDOES... FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

ye can swab the deck...but please don't write onit.
chatterballs Posted - 04/09/2002 : 4:08:34 PM
Geez, you're probably right, Senor Fluffadonna.
I need to brush up, haven't seen the show in weeks.

I once saw this movie where this SPEEDing bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED went below 50, it would blow up...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Fluffy Posted - 04/09/2002 : 4:02:59 PM
I think it is from when Homer went to the record store in the episode where he joins Hullaballoza, or whatever they called it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
chatterballs Posted - 04/09/2002 : 3:58:52 PM
I bet that reference is when Bart was looking through old LPs at some kind of bazaar and found the Be-Sharps record.

Just a guess.

I once saw this movie where this SPEEDing bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED went below 50, it would blow up...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
chatterballs Posted - 04/09/2002 : 3:57:08 PM
It's complicated, but I'd rather be Dave Matthews. It's because I love his voice, I have a medium-fair singing voice and I'd want his, because if I was Dave I'd be like, hey Tim, you are my buddy, teach me. You can always learn how to play guitar better, but a voice like Dave's is not easy to come by.

That's my reasoning.

pcbTIM Posted - 04/09/2002 : 01:59:10 AM
Rap artists.....New age....spoken word....barbershop quartet....soul.......can anyone catch that obscure Simpsons reference?

"I do what I can with what I've got."
dick mountjoy Posted - 04/08/2002 : 11:34:53 PM
I would choose to be Greg Howard! Oh wait thats not an option, so I guess I would choose to be Tim simply for his ability to tap into so many musical genres and create his own sound, and also to pick up, play (not always in a traditional manner), and master such a variety of instruments. With those attributes, who wouldn't want Tim as a guest musician on their album??

Fluffy Posted - 04/07/2002 : 10:49:02 PM
If that is the only criteria for your decision, then, YES, Dave would be the right answer. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
tericee Posted - 04/07/2002 : 10:45:24 PM
I bet Dave gets more offers of free sex from groupies... Maybe not every 8 seconds, but more often than any of you guys get offers for sex.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Fluffy Posted - 04/07/2002 : 10:36:58 PM
I like your answer, only I think you have it backwards. I really think DM is in the spotlight. If you want to be in the background I think you would choose TR cause he is definitely not as high profile as Dave. Just food for thought.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/04/2002 : 6:19:17 PM
I dunno, I guess I'd rather be Dave because I'd rather be able to sing and play, and write lyrics like him. Tim Reynolds blows people away with the way he plays, and I respect that, but I don't really care about that, I'd rather sit back and play the rythim and let someone else get in the spotlight.
I could impress people, maybe not blow them away, but impress them with Dave's skill.
Sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/04/2002 : 6:16:52 PM
I'd also rather be Tim because he's not fat...

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Fluffy Posted - 04/04/2002 : 02:37:39 AM
TN wrote:
quote:
Anyway, I guess I'll be the only one to say it, I'd rather be Dave, to be honest.

Sorry guys.

I salute your honesty in this place. If thats how you feel, you should say it. Damn the torpedos!! You certainly don't need to apologize. I am curious your reasons, if you don't mind sharing. Just curious. I didn't expect everyone would want to be TR. I really only expected the geetar players to definitely want to be TR. I figured everyone else would be split.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/03/2002 : 10:04:27 PM
Tim, I'd kick ass on the guitar, I'd be a kick ass songwriter, I'd have tons of kick ass equipment and guitars, and I'd still own my own soul...while Dave has sold his to the devil.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/03/2002 : 7:38:30 PM
quote:
Hhhhmmmm, no JoeMoe around. . . .FlamingJoeMoe comming up!

What??

Anyway, I guess I'll be the only one to say it, I'd rather be Dave, to be honest.

Sorry guys.

{=HTG=} Posted - 04/02/2002 : 7:21:07 PM
Hhhhmmmm, no JoeMoe around. . . .FlamingJoeMoe comming up!

Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 7:05:06 PM
This post would rather be a Flaming joeMOE! Can you help us out joemoe? I wanna see Fire, Fire, Fire!! hehehe hehehe

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 5:03:34 PM
Waaa Waaaaa Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Sorry contestent #1 you have won an all expense paid trip to Afghanistan!! Spend 4 days and 3 nites in the fun-filled precursor to WWIII. Feel stylish and comfortable lounging by the pool in your brand new....Military issue Flak vest. Thats right, strap it on for fun by the pool or a nite out on the town. And don't think we would send you out there unarmed, you will also be taking along your very own collection of light arms, specially selected for you and your family. So you can get around on your exotic hideaway er, er, I mean getaway, a new full loaded HUMVEE!!! Your Humvee comes fully stocked with mounted machine guns, lite anti-tank weapons, and MRE's good for one month and just cause we like you we are throwing in the custom paint job. You will fit right in on your sunny action-packed, fun-filled holiday hideaway er, er I mean getaway. It's all yours for choosing Column A!!! So enjoy your trip to far off exotic places and have fun meeting new and exciting people and killing them.

disclaimer:TR Productions not responsible for loss of life or limb. Winner accepts all responsibilities and burden of taxes.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jay Posted - 04/02/2002 : 11:33:45 AM
Well, most people call me a "B" person, so i'll take column A, Bob!

Jay
Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 07:34:12 AM
A little from column A, a little from column B

How indecisive!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/02/2002 : 05:45:26 AM
I think you should be more afraid if you do enjoy it!!

Fluffy Posted - 04/02/2002 : 05:28:30 AM
But I am afraid I won't be able to enjoy it then!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 04/01/2002 : 7:35:13 PM
Hey....look on the bright side Fluffy...at least when you die you will get to have sex. It will have to be with Xar....but at least you get to have it.

Fluffy Posted - 04/01/2002 : 3:18:52 PM
SEX seems to be out of the question at this point in MY life!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 04/01/2002 : 09:02:45 AM
A sex change is out of the question at this point in my life.

pcbTIM Posted - 03/31/2002 : 6:34:03 PM
quote:

column A is tim, column B is tim.

hehe....exactly........d'oh!

Erich with an h Posted - 03/31/2002 : 12:54:56 PM
column A is tim, column B is tim.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Fluffy Posted - 03/31/2002 : 06:53:04 AM
Which is column A and which is column B?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 03/31/2002 : 03:21:33 AM
quote:
A little from column A. A little from column B.

Exactly.
-J

victorwootenfan Posted - 03/30/2002 : 10:31:21 PM
i would say tim for guitar playing, and musicality over all, but for vocal/lyrical work def. dave. it's a toss-up, but i'm leaning more on the tim side.

pcbTIM Posted - 03/30/2002 : 9:54:39 PM
A little from column A. A little from column B.

{=HTG=} Posted - 03/30/2002 : 8:08:17 PM
Tim. Cause I could go completely physco on an acoustic and blow everyone away.

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay."
-Dave Matthews-
Fluffy Posted - 03/30/2002 : 2:40:03 PM
EXACTimLY!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Saint Jude Posted - 03/30/2002 : 1:33:39 PM
I would be tim. Who wouldnt.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Erich with an h Posted - 03/30/2002 : 11:17:22 AM
I would rather be tim, as that gives the oportunity to play solo or with dave matthews.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000