Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Transmigration

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 09/13/2001 : 10:51:14 PM
Who, if any, and I hope at least one of you scumbags has it, owns Transmigration? I've heard it is really good CD, give me some Info!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/14/2001 : 02:23:50 AM
Thanks for the link. I was thinking a stick would be more like a bass guitar. And I have so much trouble with 6 strings, I can't imagine what I would do with 10. NO wait, I have a 12 string. Oh well....

Thanks for the help. I'm getting a soundfile with an exerpt of a song right now, so I can't wait.

-Jason-

Silence is one great art of conversation.
KevinLesko Posted - 09/14/2001 : 01:47:44 AM
I encourage everyone to go to www.greghoward.com and explore. You can read about the stick, see pics, get history, check out his setup, listen to clips. (if you want to hear what his solo playing sounds like, check out water on the moon). Greg, like Tim, uses lots of effects, and makes for some amazing playing. All answers to questions can be found there.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/14/2001 : 01:10:05 AM
[at least] two questions...

Are those whole song samples on the site you linked?

and what is the "Chapman Stick" that Greg Howard plays?

Thanks

-Jason-

KevinLesko Posted - 09/14/2001 : 01:05:08 AM
can't compare it to any album. It it Tim Reynolds and Greg Howard doing improv. Here is the link to the page with it's description and clips.

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=69&pf%5Fid=CMCD02&band%5Fid=9&sfid=10

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/14/2001 : 12:58:56 AM
Man, all these albums to get and listen to. Can someone fill me in on the specifics on this one? You mentioned multi-instrument improv, but is it electric or acoustic? That's really my biggest interest. I like the acoustic stuff.

And to which album would you compare it most...Nomadic Wavelength, Sanctuary, ID, or Stream?

Thanks a bunch.

-Jason-

KevinLesko Posted - 09/14/2001 : 12:29:48 AM
Transmigration is some of the most amazing music ever, not at all a knock on the offering disc, but I think this album is a bit better as far as multi-instumental improv goes. There is a WIDE variety of sounds and instuments played. I often put on this cd just to relax or if I need to take a nap. I think there are some sound clip on greg howards wibsite... check em out.

scumbag???
"i dont call you names, fuckface" -Joe Pesci

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000