Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Silky should know...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pants_happy Posted - 03/19/2002 : 4:10:57 PM
can you tell me what style of music Kundalini Bonfire is? i know it starts with an F, but i have the memory span of a goldfish. thanks for the help.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 03/25/2002 : 07:22:56 AM
Hey pants-happy, good to be back!! Vacation was relaxing. As for "back for good", I really don't know what that means. I am sure I will not stay here forever, in fact I am sure we will be touring again soon, so I wouldn't say I am back for good, but I am back until the next time I leave. blah blah blah yak yak yak boy do I ramble.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 03/25/2002 : 12:27:35 AM
quote:

i think the style you are thinking of is 'FUCKING AMAZAING!'

Hahahahahahahahahaaha!!!!! That made me laugh out loud! Thanks Saint Jude!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Saint Jude Posted - 03/24/2002 : 2:23:57 PM
i think the style you are thinking of is 'FUCKING AMAZAING!'

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
pants_happy Posted - 03/24/2002 : 11:36:39 AM
great to hear from you Fluffy, how was/is your trip going so far? are you back for good?

Fluffy Posted - 03/24/2002 : 06:20:59 AM
Maybe "Flamenco-esque" would be better!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 03/24/2002 : 06:19:52 AM
Although that songs seems to have many styles in it as do many of TR's songs, I often refer to it as his Flamenco song. I think I do because when most people used to ask about it at the merch table they always asked "What was the name of that Flamenco song? You know that kinda spanishy one?" Seems Flamenco is what most people seem to take away from it. It is probably the most Flamenco oriented of TR's songs but it is no way out and out Flamenco. If you told a true Flamenco player to listen to that song he would probably concede that there was a Flamenco influence but would berate you for calling it a Flamenco song. I seem to be rambling again, sorry, I will stop now.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
JTR Posted - 03/21/2002 : 11:48:23 PM
Seems to me that Reynolds has avoided such pitfalls of limiting himself to a genre, unlike his old friend Dave Matthews, and also avoiding major record labels so he can make the music he wants. That's a true artist for ya.
pants_happy Posted - 03/20/2002 : 3:41:45 PM
thanks to both of you.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 03/19/2002 : 6:48:07 PM
I'm not really sure that you can even classify that song as being any ONE genre... I mean since it is almost all improv it changes every time Tim plays it. On top of that, Tim seamlessly switches from one style of playing to another... that song may be take a mideastern approach one minute and, like Patrick said, flamenco another. I find a lot of Tim's other songs are very hard to classify as well... so when someone asks me what kind of music Tim Reynolds plays, I just say, "He's the best guitarist on the planet... and his solo guitar work reflects that."
-J

dirtysloth Posted - 03/19/2002 : 4:17:57 PM
Flamenco?

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000