Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Trapped In DC.......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 09/11/2001 : 2:15:04 PM
Hey Everyone, DC is in turmoil, I have already talked to Tim and he is still going to do the shows if the clubs do not cancel them. I have talked to most of the first 6 shows and so far noone is willing to make a decision about it. I should know more tomorrow. I live spitting distance from the Capital building and this is freaky. Jets flying overhead, city being evacuated, noone allowed into the city. Rew and I were supposed to fly out of DC tomorrow morning, now I am afraid we will have to drive and we may miss the first few shows, if they happen. Keep your fingers crossed and KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith Fluffy
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/15/2001 : 03:00:05 AM
Sometimes, tho, we don't have so much as a choice about what we respond to. Most of the time, the US media doesn't pay attention to the terrorist attacks where on person kills a few others. So it isn't directly our fault (but yeah, indirectly, cause we one way or another pay for the coverage we get, therefore supporting it). We just watch what we are fed. If we were fed the terrorists that hit their own people, then that's what we would be aware of.

So I think it isn't necessarily fair to blame the US people as a whole. Some of us want to be aware, but aren't as much as given the chance by the media. And I can't pick up stations from the Middle East, so I haven't a choice about the matter.

-Jason-

Silence is one great art of conversation.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/12/2001 : 2:20:23 PM
It can happen to the USA Arthen... that was the whole point of this demonstration... to show that we ARE so vulnerable. I believe one thing that will change as a result of this is that awareness of terrorism will heighten. It always seems so distant... we hear about a bomb going off here, or a bomb going off there and we never give it a second thought because it's so far away. What do we care if some maniac kills himself in a suicide mission to kill a few people in some country we can hardly pronounce? The general attitudes of the American people are those of invincibility and apathy when it comes to things like a schoolbus filled with explosives killing 20 people in a place like Israel. This happens every week over there. Residents in Israel cannot EVER walk ouside and feel secure. This, in all its horror, brings that feeling to the US, and now the reactions are just like yours saying, "How could this happen in the United States?!" It can, and unfortunately, it did. Now maybe instead of just sitting back and saying, "Oh well... shit happens... can you pass the chips?" when we hear about terrorism elsewhere in the world, we might be a little slower to brush it off as we can all now relate. I'm not bashing you Arthen, I'm sure you sympathise as much as anyone else... I'm just using your statement as an example because so many had the same view a mere 48 hours ago... "It'll never happen HERE!"
-J

Arthen Posted - 09/12/2001 : 1:00:48 PM
This is something that cannot be happening! We are the fricking us of a! This is like a bad bomb movie!
Fluffy Posted - 09/12/2001 : 01:06:17 AM
I also should mention, they finally lifted the ban on traffic(autos) into DC, so me and a couple of friends ventured out to have a look for ourselves. We drove around and it was very eerie how quiet it was. National Guardsman blocking streets, police lites everywhere. We then drove to the Pentagon to have a look. It was still burning. I was devastated when I saw it on the news,it was so overpowering, but when I saw it in person, I can't even begin to tell you how big it was. I saw it on a whole new level. The total devastion. I came home and turned back on the TV and realized no matter how overpowering it had seemed earlier on TV, there was just no way the television could capture the devastation that I witnessed in person. I can only imagine how bad NYC must be. My prayers go out to all.

Fluffy Posted - 09/12/2001 : 12:57:47 AM
It is indeed true and let me add they were armed and flying quite low. It was very surreal. I have lived here for 22 years and never seen anything like it. The only ones that have ever flown over were for memorials and they were all unarmed. It was a truly scary day in the nations capital.

Arthen Posted - 09/12/2001 : 12:29:54 AM
I just heard that F-15s were flying around DC and New York City today, after the intial attack.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Fluffy Posted - 09/11/2001 : 3:38:05 PM
Thanx guys!!! Check out Adam(Guitarguys) catch phrase, takes on a whole new meaning today.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/11/2001 : 3:20:57 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Erich.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Erich with an h Posted - 09/11/2001 : 2:51:39 PM
thank god youre safe.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000