Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Other magicians

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BigEyedPhish Posted - 03/04/2002 : 9:18:31 PM
i am wondering who everybody else listens too besides TR? and i was also wondering who Tim is listening to these days? who is influencing the man these days? i just want to know what everybody thinks is great... music, instraments, and everything else on earth.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 03/06/2002 : 04:47:14 AM
Fluffy said:
quote:
Fave Music: Beatles, Beach Boys, Ron Wood, Flaming Lips, Monster Magnet, Rod Stewart & the Faces, Albert Strange, Fear Factory, Chris Whitley, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Britney Spears(thanx to Eura), Kyuss, the Dead(prior to '70), King Crimson, Hank Williams Sr, The Orb, Psychic TV, Throbbing Gristle, KK Null & Zeni Geva, Kiss, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Marilyn Manson, NIN, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Francis Dunnery, Sonia & Disappear Fear, Milla, Einsturzende Neubauten, John Oswald & Plunderphonics, Simon & Garfunkel, Black Crowes, Soundgarden, Public Enemy, Al Green, Robert Johnson, Johnny Cash, Dionne Warwick, Woody & Arlo Guthrie, Fugazi, Minor Threat, The Meatmen, Hanoi Rocks, Sweet, Lords of the New Church, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Janes Addiction, The Who,............

........John, Coltrane, The Wrens, The Hand, Johnny Society, Orange Goblin, Tool, Pat MacDonald, T. Rex, Alice Cooper, Billy Cobham's Glass Menagerie, Truly, Devon, Sonny Landreth, Owsley, Hovercraft, Mellow, Erick Matthews & Cardinal, Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Heart, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Sham 69, The Jam, The Stranglers, Gooding, Cheap Trick, 16 Horsepower, Kepone, Karma To Burn, Mellow, Jellyfish, Sugarplastic, Jason Falkner, Traffic, Hovercraft, Cotton Mather, The Doors, Black Sabbath, MC5, New York Dolls, Johnny Thunders, Gladhands, Thin Lizzy, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Corporate Avenger, Butthole Surfers, Peter Gabriel, Rammstein, Frank Zappa, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Iron Maiden, Guns & Roses, Smack, High Llamas, Spirit Caravan, Ry Cooder, Thud, Peach of Immortality, Furnace, XTC, Neil Young, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pat Travers, Frank Marino & Mahoganey Rush, Rainbow, Michael Schenker Group, Scorpions, Robin Trower, Larry Coryell, John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Paco DeLucia, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Art Ensemble of Chicago, The Last Poets, Boogie Down Productions(BDP), Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow, WAR, The Kinks, Ian Gillan, Ted Nugent, Ian Lloyd & The Stories, Donovan, Jeff Beck, Stanley Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, The Police, Klark Kent, Road, Adrian Belew & The Bears, Steve Vai, UFO, ZZ Top, Joe Walsh, Missing Persons, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Cabaret Voltaire, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Love & Rockets, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Todd Snider, Bill Miller, Small Faces, The Hollies, Buddy Holly, The Fluid, Big Chief, Husker Du, The Replacements, Love Battery, Masters of Reality, London Quireboys, Radiohead, Blur, Fishbone, Parlaiment/Funkadelic, Marty Willson-Piper, Opeth, Rush, Judas Priest, The Carpenters, The Dandy Warhols, Elliot Smith, Fluf, Fluffy, Tim Reynolds, and on and on and on.............

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Erich with an h Posted - 03/05/2002 : 12:46:22 PM
My top 10 fave bands, in order:

Pink Floyd
Metallica
The Cure
Dave Matthews Band
Barenaked Ladies
Tori Amos
Jethro Tull
Elton John
Tim Reynolds
Sting

Honerable mention:

Black Sabbath
Type O Negative
The Gathering
Moonspell
In Flames
Depeche Mode

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
BigEyedPhish Posted - 03/05/2002 : 12:33:06 PM
hey thanks for all the suggestions. i listen to a lot of DMB too and also Leo Kottke. he is an amazing guitarist. you guys should also check out Richard Thompson. his music is kind of like Greg Brown's (if Greg Brown could play the guitar) i also love Victor Wooten and Bela Fleck. and i am a huge Dead and Phish Phan. and right now i am listening to a lot of Dispatch, OAR, and String Cheese Incident. check all those guys out if you get a chance

Peace

Fluffy Posted - 03/05/2002 : 08:57:16 AM
The 2 new big ones on TR's playlist are Iggy Pop "Beat em Up" and the new Skinny Puppy live CD. He raves about those 2. Other than that, he says he has been to busy working out his own stuff to really listen to alot of music. He has submerged himself in his new project. He is having a great time with all the gadgets now that he has figured out how to work them like a master. Can't wait to hear the new stuff!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 03/04/2002 : 10:06:50 PM
I listen to DMB a lot... other bands that I listen to are Days Of The New, Buffet, David Gray, Greg Howard, Zeppelin, Fuel, Live, BNL, Bela Fleck/Vic Wooten, STP, and of course, Tim. I also am HUGE into the blues... SRV is a blues god, and I also love Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Clapton to top off my top 3. Needless to say I'm more into the Texas blues style rather than Chicago. Someone that I'm just getting into now is John Mayer, who seems to have quite a talent for songwriting.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 03/04/2002 : 9:52:24 PM
I can't say this name enough. Leo Kottke. He's a master on the 12 string. Pick up ANY of his MANY albums, and you'll be happy with your purchase.

Joe Satriani is good too. Live in San Francisco is the best one of his that I have, but Surfing with the Alien is good too.

[I like Ozzy, too, The Ozzman Cometh is a great one.]
[And Led Zeppelin of course, but I'll wager that's not the kind of stuff you're asking aboot.]
[Listening to some Allman Brothers too...]

I could go on and on, but Leo Kottke is my biggest favorite, I think.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000